test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Appearance change costs AD

shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
edited December 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
I still have 2 characters, a wizard and a paladin, whose appearance I can't change without paying AD, even when it should be a free change. None of my other characters have that problem. Screenshots available if needed.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    It normally costs AD to change your appearance, unless you are using a special skin that doesn't have a cost. Dye changes should cost silver.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This is a bug since the combat rework, where they messed up where each gear piece was placed. Sometimes it has a 1k AD and 30 silver apparel base change cost. The only solution suggested so far was resetting the loadout completely by copying an empty loadout.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You don't have to copy an empty loadout though that will work. You just need an unbugged one. If you can find the bugged slot, it will be missing an appearance item, go to the unbugged loadout and apply that slot to all. If you can't figure out which is bugged, you'll need to apply the whole loadout. I have usually done it several times because once wouldn't always clear the cost after switching to the affected loadout.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Thanks, that sounds like a lot of work :( I'll just wait a few years till they fix it.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    All you really have to do is to go to a loadout that doesn't show the cost and hit the Apply To All Loadouts button several times. If that loadout doesn't have the same appearance settings as the bugged one, you'll have to pay to change the other back, though.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother