test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bard stats drop??

While running my bard, I've noticed that when I switch between a dps and healer loadout, my healer stats severely drop from what they're supposed to be. For instance, my power is around 70% with a 20% other contribution when I switch to dps loadout then back to healer, power drops to 47% with a 2% contribution. I can remedy the situation but removing then reequuping my companion bonuses. I sadly have to do this every time I switch to healer. Is this happening to anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    DPS gets power from forte, healer side doesn't. So that is part of the issue.
  • Options
    tripleagamma#0595 tripleagamma Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I don't think the drop should be that drastic
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    On PC, when they patched it to where healers were not getting power from Forte, that is about how much mine dropped on my healer Bard. So it may be right.
  • Options
    For PS4 l, it says that Forte does give power but maybe it's been changed without changing the text.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2021

For PS4 l, it says that Forte does give power but maybe it's been changed without changing the text.

In PC, in "Character" tab, changing the loadout does not change the tooltip text. One needs to choose another tab and then go back to "Character" to have the text refreshed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    My DC typically has a drop of around 16k power when I switch from DPS to Heals and it is because of Forte.

All DPS have power as their main forte so that's a boost of 0.5% power to every 1% forte. Support classes don't get this and healers especially have to find alternative sources to replace it as much as is reasonably possible.

Look for the baby deep crow companion - at mythic it gives 7.5% power. Dominance mount insignias also help.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    I already have the deep crow applied but everytime I change loadouts and go back it doesn't apply the correct percentage rating until I unslot and reslot my companion bonuses
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I've seen where the stats on screen don't update until you close and re-open the windows for them. I believe that's more of a lack of refresh on those windows than a bug preventing stat changes.

But if you're still getting it after re-opening those windows, have you tried dismissing & resummoning your companion instead?

If neither of these things work, I'd suggest you submit a ticket to Support as it'd appear to be an actual bug. This is something I've not experienced or heard from others about but it could be related to a specific companion or companion power.

• Options
    Yesterday I created a second loadout for my Bard - Minstrel as I wanted to see what the healing side looked like.

The stat screen initially showed Power as the main Forte and there was no appreciative drop in the power stat. I ignored it, did my boons etc and when I came back to that screen my power had dropped and it was no longer showing as part of the Forte (as expected).

In other words, it can take a minute to update the stats when you switch, so whatever you do in the meantime can look like you're fixing it, but that's not the case. All that's happening is you're spending a minute or so on some task and behind the scenes the stats screen is catching up.