test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Its great they added in new deities, but they need to add in Eilistraee.

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
Eilistraee is the one positive deity within the Drow side of things. She is unlike her mother the exact opposite. She is good aligned and not only that But with the Bard class, she should to be an option, as she is that type of deity. She is basically a music goddess, along with a nature and redeemng the drow. I know that they are limited, in what they can do with the deities they have chosen to add in. But they can remove Amauanter, as he is basically Lathander, same deity according to Fourth Edition. So might as well remove him, don't need two of the same god.
So what do you guys think?

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I agree with this. Lathander and Amaunator are the same deity, with Amaunator being the name of the Netherese solar deity. During the spellplague (or 4th edition DnD) it was revealed that Lathander was just an aspect of Amaunator. By 1479 DR, Amaunator was fully recognized by Faeruneans as Lathander and his original name. Although by 1491 DR, they are once again worshipped as different deities, the actual truth is unknown to those of Faerun.

So while there could be arguments made that they are two different deities, their domains are very similar to the point of redundancy with the limited UI.

I second the motion to add Eilistraee in place of one of the Sun deities to give more representation to drow, bards, hunters, and female dancers.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Take it up with WotC/Hasbro. They are the ones that approved the list.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I agree. I posted on the New Deity thread as well. I'm glad too, that they offered new deity choices.

But they left off choices for both Drow and Gith. Yes, its just fluff that doesn't effect anything. I get why folks who are into this game because its an action game won't care.

But a lot of us are into this game because its a D&D game. For many, fluff like character origin, religion, and back story are a core part of the D&D experience.

It makes it seem like the racial offerings in the store, were simply an after thought and that all they cared about was selling the skin. The whole thing feels unfinished. In my opinion, it would have been better to ensure that all of the relevant 'racial fluff' was present - at least as much is viable in the current format. That means character origins and deity choices.

I would have also liked to have seen more racial relevant transmutes. The Gith got the attire cosmetic, which is cool. But offering more transmutes in-game, than simply the two Gith swords from Uprising would have been much appreciated.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Take it up with WotC/Hasbro. They are the ones that approved the list.

Yes, the fact there are no "evil" alignment deities says it all. In the end, what is the point beyond a role-play cosmetic? If you look on my personal page on the official wiki, I did pull off Asmodeus worshipers within the game.

Aero Ironcrown and her husband Vhex (a demon) are sent to Neverwinter with a dark purpose. If you take the time to read her biography page, you can see how I manipulate the "good guy" plot as subversion in their plans.

Four of my eight characters, were not "good guys" at all. Will Robert Snooks was forced into turning over a new leaf by the Harpers. Otherwise he would have continued his criminal activities. While Morbius and Nicholas had comical capers, such as the time Morbius attempted to cook a live Deep Crow in Nick's Gith Meat Emporium, they were never good and overtly admitted it in public. Goro Thay was an alias for Lwanowin Seablade, the female drow married to Eric Seablade, and disguised as a male to throw bounty hunters off her trail. Goro Thay was part of a monthly Foundry contest. She only received her redemption at the end when you played the Foundry, the Goro Thay I played in game was before that time, still a cut throat and not a good guy at all.

I think for this change to hold meaning to the users, they would need to add buffs for invocation, and make each deity have unique buffs in relation to their lore.
    wb-cenders.gif