Install Arc

Let's update Tiamat

Hello,
I don't understand much about the game,
I don't understand much in general,
I have the impression that the current Demo
it might, apparently, seem slightly
too long for the 40k.
Do you have the same treatment in mind for all the others?
I love challenges, I'm sure sooner or later too
I can make it.
Many beautiful things.

Comments

• johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    If any updates to the dungeons, trials needs to be done . Make the rewards better !!!!
    Get rid of the ebony gear from high end chests . Along with a lot of the other junk . Coalesced magic ? Taken out of game yet is a reward ? Omg
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah cos Demogorgon is such a glittering success in the random trial queue...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • zannosa#3465 zannosa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    They took away the trials for a lot of players by upgrading Demogorgon like they did, decreasing their ability to earn astrals so they can upgrade their gear and work on their Item Levels. And, sadly, the difficulty increased while the rewards haven't really increased that much. You get a chance at the new Demogorgon gear which is higher IL, but which only really works for certain builds and the typical rewards you receive seem a little low for how long Demogorgon takes to complete now and potentially how many resources you can blow through trying to complete it. Demogorgon was my favorite trial, I considered it a lot of fun. Now, it's more like a work out whether I go in as a healer or dps. Most groups still fail and there's the habit that a number of people have to quit after one failed attempt anytime with a boss. Leading to either the group disbanding and going into random ques again or waiting forever for people to populate.
    The main issue is the fact that players are now locked out of trials because of Item Level and the other ways they have for earning their astrals for the day will take forever. This will make is especially frustrating for the players who have yet to reach at least 40K IL because they need those astrals to catch up, especially with the Auction House prices so out of whack.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I think I heard from somewhere that Tiamat will be getting a similar treatment as Demo, so try not to be caught unawares folks.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Tiamat works fine and is fun and doable while still not being totally easy, it doesn't need another change, it was already changed once before anyway when they reduced it down to half the size and only 2 clerics instead of 3, and not all that long ago in the grand scheme of things as well. If they want another disaster then make it harder and again everyone will start abandoning it like they do Demo before they even start it and we can have two trials useless in the queue, but the random trial queue -which hosts newer and more undergeared players as well- is not a place where extremely hard content needs to be put. It's a daily way of making AD and has to be attractive and doable to everyone who qualifies to enter, not just elite players. Change Tiamat at your peril but if a harder version has to be made it can go somewhere else besides the RTQ. It's a ridiculous concept that the company has been chasing new players and gearing the game towards them but then makes the content so hard they can't even do it. Right now it works fine for everyone who does the queue and needs to be left as it is.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    The 30k-45k ish crowd really needs a good que...Radq has lomm (dps check, heal check), CR (buggy mess), IC (Dps check last boss...mechanics people refuse to learn) and tong (actually reasonable...).

Trial que for 40k+ has Demo (we've all seen how that's going with pugging), tiamat (you get nothing for it if you don't have a key), Svaard (does anyone ever have keys for it?), Cradle (easy with one good dps, but baby can still be pushed...causing problems with attacks that move you and problems with moving around the baby..)

Skirmishes don't give much, but its the only thing that reliably procs due to lack of tank/healer requirements and normal que just isn't worth the time.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Tiamat likes being updated, but you have to be a Cultist to do that. And she's liable to eat any bearers of bad news.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

Hello,
    I don't understand much about the game,
    I don't understand much in general,
    I have the impression that the current Demo
    it might, apparently, seem slightly
    too long for the 40k.
    Do you have the same treatment in mind for all the others?
    I love challenges, I'm sure sooner or later too
    I can make it.
    Many beautiful things.

I have been playing this off and on for 5 years and what I don't understand, I make it up! :trollface:

I have no 40K characters, I think my highest is mid 20's or low 30's? I have run most of the content with my meat shields up to Avernus, I did some of the 40K new Sharandar campaign but it got boring, maybe I will return to it someday. I have no advice for you to get up to 40K obviously, or I would be there myself. I have done Tiamat in the past, before the changes were made. The Tiamat was a lot better in the past, assuming your team knows what they were doing. Locking players out of content for gear score is just another form of a pay-wall. Someone can tell you how to spend your zen wisely, but it will probably cost you $50 or several years of grinding to reach 40K.

Just killing time...
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Once upon a time, the game had a nice rhythm to it. For Tyranny of Dragons you did quests and killed dragons in the lower levels as you earned currency to advance in the campaigns. Then one day, once you hit lvl 60/70 you could go to the Well of Dragons and kill more Dragons and earn enough currency to make dungeon keys for Tiamat. You needed Linu Favors to finish the campaign, 22 of them. You heard that if you participated in the Tiamat dungeon you would be rewarded with Linu Favors ... that sounded great, so you joined a Guild/Alliance training run of Tiamat a few times, learned how to succeed and all was wonderful (after you ran dungeons to earn your full set of Primal Gear - total 9300K IL).

So you started working on advancing your other characters through the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign. When they reach the same level as your first character .. things changed. The devs decided to raise the IL requirement to enter Tiamat above that needed to do WoD. Then they did it again, and again and every time you advanced your characters and almost were able to qualify for Tiamat the min IL level changed.

As a result all those characters slogged through WoD by doing Dragon Runs hour after hour (enjoying the daily Influence from the SH quests) until they earned the 22 Linu Favors the hard way.

Then you went on to another campaign and area, because you *still* did not get gear/enchants/rewards from WoD or any of the now 'Legacy' campaigns that helped you qualify to enter the Tiamat dungeons ***that was designed as the end dungeon for Tyranny of Dragons ***.

I won't mention that the rewards from Tiamat don't appear to be anything special vs any other dungeon. So why would anyone want to do Tiamat more than once (for the experience)? You have totally ruined the Tyranny portion of the game in an effort to drive players to higher and higher IL.

I wish I could run Tiamat with all my 25K IL characters because it would give me a feeling that the game is helping me succeed in completing one small stage of the many campaign areas in the game.

The game/story is *not* about IL it is about a struggle between Cultists and Volindra vs all the local factions that need our help to succeed. I want to help them beat the enemy but others seem to be playing a different game.
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    They might as well put tomm in the rtq at that point, another situation like demo will just frustrate new players more.

If they'd add an advanced trial q and put old demo back in regular rtq then having some work done on tiamat might be a good idea
  • autylautyl Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

I think I heard from somewhere that Tiamat will be getting a similar treatment as Demo, so try not to be caught unawares folks.

But if we don't help unawares folks to learn how the dungeon work they never can end this trial. It is handy to watch guides from different dungeons before you enter. So you know what to expect. Maybe cryptic can be more open in this and make instruction manuals. Also to help "new "players like they already did with turn over the whole game to make leveling easier.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    autyl said:

arazith07 said:

But if we don't help unawares folks to learn how the dungeon work they never can end this trial. It is handy to watch guides from different dungeons before you enter. So you know what to expect. Maybe cryptic can be more open in this and make instruction manuals. Also to help "new "players like they already did with turn over the whole game to make leveling easier.
    If every video game makes it easier for the players, all the games would be Kingdom Hearts 2. :trollface:

On one side of the field you have people like myself, who think Dark Souls and Cuphead were a lot of fun. On the other side of the field you have these people playing loaded slot machines and whining about how they are not making it easier to spin to win. Everyone else is somewhere in the middle of that field.

Currently I cannot cast judgment on Demogorgon, since it went to 40K and I didn't. I played it before and had no issue staying alive. I might have said this already, item level is a pay wall to make people buy zen to get jacked up to 40K to run the premium content dungeons. If they are too easy, then word gets out and people (on my end of the field) will not want to do the premium content. Meanwhile the people on the far end are buying keys and playing spin to win so they can get jacked up to 40K.

If they removed the item level gate and just made it a warning (as they have in the past) I might not find it so tough. I did Avernus back when they warned us about it being too hard for my item level. I purposely do not upgrade my character's gear because there already isn't enough challenge in this game to make it worthwhile. Go ahead and hate me because I want my games to challenge me.

Just killing time...