test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Gods

Serious question here...

With all the things that are broken, why was time spent on adding a pile of new gods, rather than fixing things?
Your choice of god has literally zero effect on the game, aside from what a button looks like in the corner of your screen.

Are we going to see this change sometime in the future? You'd kinda think what god you worship would affect your cleric powers, or your pali powers, but nope. Zero in game effect. Maybe a boon page with diety and race based boons? Unlikely, but it would be awesome.

Maybe get someone to find out why my bard cant use our guilds outfitter. thats only been broken since the bard came out.
Maybe get someone to find out why every time I log in with most of my characters I get a 'you do not meet the level requirement for that item' message.. on all my max level toons.. something thats been broken since the bard came out..

Yay, new useless flash in the corner.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    You know they didn't have system designers working on this right? This was the product of the art department mostly. Do you really want those people to be messing with powers and bugs?
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    The new gods was something that was requested by the community actually, and quite frequently over the years too.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    With the New Gods, can Darkseid be far behind?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    It would indeed be nice if the deity you chose had some unique effect/bonus on your gameplay.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

It would indeed be nice if the deity you chose had some unique effect/bonus on your gameplay.

Maybe an ability score boost? E.g:

Tymora: +1 Charisma
    Amaunator: +1 Wisdom
    Tempus: +1 Strength
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Something at least.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Not to belittle the content add-on, but it takes me all of 30 minutes to make an icon using Gimp. That is assuming it is not a copy and paste job from existing artwork. With respect, I don't see this as major content, and it has no affect on game play what-so-ever.

@rockster#6227 and @armadeonx
    I always felt this should have been a key element of worshiping any higher power. Simply give each deity a stat boost or create a unique ability (aka power) granted to the character no matter race or class. For example, any follower of Selune (goddess of the moon) would give you an additional power related to travel, navigation, or lycanthropy. Additional powers associated with each god/goddess would actually be additional content.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif