test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

some quests in Barova are broken.

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
edited October 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
track the beast never get quest updated, no trigger.
deleted, reset, and waited a week for weekly reset, still stop ar same spot near Howling Hill.
i never understood how devs treated this quest like dirty wet wipe. still broken since i came back playing bard.
Post edited by wylonus on

Comments

• Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    It is not broken, on some parts of the quest, after you find the tracks, you also have to start combat with the wolves or werewolves there before it will continue on to the next part of the quest. The only issue I have had is that sometimes it takes more than one attempt for me to trigger the end or the next part.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,221 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    wylonus said:

track the beast never get quest updated, no trigger.
    dleted, reset, and waited a week for weekly reset, still stop ar same spot neat Howling Hill.
    i nevder understood how devs trated this quest like dirty wet wipe. still broken since i came back playing bard.

I never have problem with that quests. I do that with 7 characters many many times. One of my favorite quests in that map because it can be done fast. There are 4 different paths. The last time I did that for 7 characters was in 2x campaign last week.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Getting the tracks to appear can sometimes seem buggy, not saying it is buggy, just saying it can seem that way. I have run over the exact place many times and not had them appear and had to move all over the place back and forth in order to make them show up, but eventually they do and I don't have to fight anything on the way except for the final area.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    i did kill mobs over and over, move around hoping to trigger. frustrating, i had my main and alts already completed. seem lately it become more bugged and not trigger with new characters.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have never had a problem with this quest and it isn't necessary to fight anything but the target. Just run the perimeter of the individual blue circles until you see the tracks snd the circle moves.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    you sure, because whenever I do the one in the wolf area the last one never triggers for me unless I fight the wolves there first and if there are no wolves there I cannot get the last part of the quest to trigger and so far it has always worked that way for me.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    There has always been a glitch in this quest. It is hit and miss. The alpha wolf has 3 spawn spots (that I am aware of) but the path to the final circle somehow gets you to the wrong spawn location. This doesn't happen 100% of the time, the quest is done seldom more than once by the average player.

Also depending on your graphics settings, the "glow in the dark" foot tracks will fail to be seen, which can be a bummer from the very start. Users will complain about it being broken, but it is seriously glitched and has a very discouraging visual aide. I never pressured the developers to fix the glitch, since most things they repair break six others. The cause of this glitch would be very hard to track down, unless you have a mess of characters on your account to repeat the quest multiple times. Like I said, it is hit and miss.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    metallicat#2223 metallicat Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I've had trouble in the Strahd quest. I can't pick up the sunsword. It talks, but can't be interacted with.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited October 2021

I've had trouble in the Strahd quest. I can't pick up the sunsword. It talks, but can't be interacted with.

I bet you are a dwarf or halfling? You will need to jump up to grab it.

Have fun! :heart:

:lol: I came here to update the link in my signature for the party and I get looped into tech support!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,221 Arc User
    edited October 2021

There has always been a glitch in this quest. It is hit and miss. The alpha wolf has 3 spawn spots (that I am aware of) but the path to the final circle somehow gets you to the wrong spawn location. This doesn't happen 100% of the time, the quest is done seldom more than once by the average player.

Also depending on your graphics settings, the "glow in the dark" foot tracks will fail to be seen, which can be a bummer from the very start. Users will complain about it being broken, but it is seriously glitched and has a very discouraging visual aide. I never pressured the developers to fix the glitch, since most things they repair break six others. The cause of this glitch would be very hard to track down, unless you have a mess of characters on your account to repeat the quest multiple times. Like I said, it is hit and miss.

Have fun! <3</p>

There are 4. If you come from the town, going right, up to small hill, there can be 2 spawn points. One is along the edge on the left side. One is in the middle of the forest if you going straight (this one is less frequent comparing with the other 3).

If you go straight (after came from the town), there can be another 2 spawn points. One can found if you keep going straight. One can be found if you turn on the 2nd right.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have never had an issue with any of the four spots. That is one of preferred quests for Sybella because it is the fastest repeatable and never gives me any issue. No RNG, usually can just run rings around the mobs to find the path and go on. Maybe others have trouble, but if so it has never hit me.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother