test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fighter Vanguard - terrible Hero

Fighter Vanguard .The most useless and uninteresting character in the game. Absolutely not needed by anyone in campaigns and adventure to low damage and terrible skills .Half of fighters can tank But for some reason the developers forbid the players to choose the character themselves in the dungeons under the guise of balance. If you want to miss the whole game and suffer-Vanguard your choice. Its crazy to change the paragon path every time to go forward. Thanks.

Comments

• dim88#5213 dim88 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thank you
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Isn't Vanguard the Tank paragon for Fighter? It's dps is fine compared to the Pally tank (I can't speak for Barb as I've never played the Sentinel path) and in group content it's role is to hold aggro and not die. Fighter tanks are actually better at their role than Pallies as they don't have to worry about some dumb Divinity bar and have better hard taunts.

If you're talking about solo content - you really should be running the DPS paragon path (an option that the Pally doesn't have).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    The Fighter Vanguard is the strongest of all the 3 tanks when it comes to both damage and damage taken. You should read up on how to play the class @dim88
    Elite Whaleboy
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Fighter Vanguard .The most useless and uninteresting character in the game. Absolutely not needed by anyone in campaigns and adventure to low damage and terrible skills .Half of fighters can tank But for some reason the developers forbid the players to choose the character themselves in the dungeons under the guise of balance. If you want to miss the whole game and suffer-Vanguard your choice. Its crazy to change the paragon path every time to go forward. Thanks.

Kind of disappointed - your thread title had me thinking this was a 'let us play as evil aligned characters' convo.

Sigh.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    We have the option of loadouts so we can quickly swap between DPS and Tank loadouts. Vanguard is the tank path, I'm not sure why you would expect to get a lot of DPS out of the tank path.
  • dim88#5213 dim88 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    But the tank will be strong at the end of the game. You will be a burden for the whole game and at the end of the game tell everyone I am cool.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

But the tank will be strong at the end of the game. You will be a burden for the whole game and at the end of the game tell everyone I am cool.

I don't think you're getting how this works yet so I assume you're very new to the game.

You can switch between your Tank and DPS builds anytime at any campfire in any open world area (or anywhere in a town like Protectors Enclave). The two different paths give you different powers and stat boosts.

When you are doing stuff by yourself you need to use your DPS build as you will do more damage and clear things faster. You use your Tank build when you are running with other people and want to keep them from getting hit.

That's all you need to know for now, everything will become clearer with time - including which skills and stats are important for each job.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox