test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Drop rate for the new Artifact set needs to be increased.

tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
16 completions.

2 pieces dropped in total between all players.

That is straight up unacceptable.

Comments

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    lol if you got what you needed in one run there would be no need to run the content again or bring friends thru new content now would there be LOL
    16 completion x 5 players = 80 chances 2 dropped so that would be a 1 in 40 chance or 2.5% drop rate from your insufficient
    sample size

Riddle me this
    what % should the drop rate be on RARE items for them to be actually rare and bound the character / account ?
    what should the % drop rate be if you can simply buy a rare item in the auction house and not even have to do the content

I dunno a few % chance seems quite in line with proper odds to me for something that is rare ..and "sought after"
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    16 runs x 10 players per run is 160 chances for a piece to drop.

For arguments sake lets presume it only drops from the Key chest and each player gets 5 rerolls:

That's 160 x 5 which is 800 possible chances.

That's 0.25%

Now let's look at the end of day specs, adding my completed runs plus a friends with drops:

Me: 31
    Him: 17

So 48 total.

Drops: 5

So:

480 base drop chances x 5 for max rerolls, again only presuming single source:

2400 chances. I'll save you the math:

That's 0.20833*

Lets be nice and round up to 0.21.

That is not a reasonable drop rate. If we used your logic, we'd be practically drowning in drops by comparison at 2.5%.

Which is not the point and not something anywhere in my post I expressed a desire for.

The drop rate is extremely low, far lower than anything should be; hell I got 7 Legendary collar refinement shards in the runs and the number of those you need just for 1 collar is ridiculous.

In a reasonable drop rate for a "Rare" item, you should be looking at about 1-2 drops between the 10 players every 3 or so runs.

The most hilarious part is that in less than 10 minutes of Server Maintenance being done, there were nearly 40 combined of the neck and belts up for sale on the AH.

Now it's no secret that at best maybe 1 of those postings was a real person; the rest being Dummy Accounts but I digress.

There is a vast difference between "low" and "virtually non-existent" drop rates.

We're looking to be trending toward the former, rather than the latter. I was there through the 8+ years of absolute criminal level drop rates we struggled through since pre-release days on PC. We don't need to be returning to that era now.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I have no idea what the drop rate was thats why i was asking.. thanks for breaking it down and explaining it better to a dev that may be reading this

\you data i also biased in that you are only counting the drop rate of items (you are going for artifact sets ) and not all the other good venderable/ actionable loot that dropped for players in those runs..you dont have the data that tracked all the other loot that dropped you are only looking at one part of the data set

I got one artifact part and one account wide legendary skeletal mount in only 2 runs ... your odds and luck may vary

you rdata is also assuming that each player in fact used all 10 reroll tokens on both chests combined cause maybe what they wanted dropped or something else valuable without needing all the rerolls

your are only looking at data for artifact set parts dropping and none of the other good stuff which is also on the loot table which all have thier own % drop chance .

furthermore the auction house is going to be so filled with this stuff and it will be so cheap soon anyways ,.,
    then we can muse how low the drop rate is / what it should be when the auction house is flooded with the stuff :D

heck you can just sell other "undesired" loot from the run and out right buy what you want from the auction house

I could argue and agree as well to your side that as you get one then two then 3 artifacts that you need your odds will get progressively worse and worse after obtaining each said part (obviously not if you are trying to equip alts as well ) therefore its probably better to trade and swap sell for the items you want etc .

players have asked for some token buying system to buy what ever loot they want form, a run after X amount of times for a while so it "seems" less grindy ..this system is seen in events where there is a vendor to get what you want after grinding x amount of times etc ..so you can see the light at the end of the tunne..l but not in dungeons / trials
    Post edited by kalina311 on