test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix RNG system in VOS

winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited August 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
I cannot stress enough how bad the RNG system is in this game. I know many keep mentioning this and I am sure it will be said again and again. It needs to be said till you start to listen to your player base. The rings are so hard to get in any VOS that many players I know have quit the game to go elsewhere for a feeling of satisfying growth of character progression. I have run VOS and VOS HC hundreds of times and still have not received the rings I need. I have not gotten any components of air and darkness nor have I gotten any rings from simple VOS. In short, you are killing your player base. Due to the horrible rng set in place at the start for Sharander and the slow unlock of more bad rng hard to get items. A player should be able to get whats needed after say 20 runs. What you have going on is a system of punishment for those who make the efforts to try. Please fix this..make rings from VOS sellable/tradable. This way those lucky enough to get rings others need to make a profit and I can get the rings i so desperately need and never dropped for 6 months. Win/win Also make the rings of air and dark account wide please. The player base is off..its heavy DPS and no support in game. I am one of those who made end game tank and healer to support my DPS, but they are useless when components are for a DPS only rings and are character bound. Please make components account bound so you do not punish players who made such classes in order to support their main DPS. I do not know why you did this to begin with. It is a horrible system in place that feels punishing to everyone who puts in the effort so much and receives nothing for it. I have lost half my alliance to other games due to this system you currently have. Please listen to players feed back and experiences before its too late.

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I tend to agree - back in the day we used to run Throne of Dwarven Gods tryign to get the elusive +5 Ring of Rising Power or Brutality [I forget the name] and someone ran it 1500 times and didnt get the drop.

At that point I stopped chasing RBG and BiS and I am so much happier for it.

But yeah, the RNG really does tend to suck.
  • onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User

I cannot stress enough how bad the RNG system is in this game. I know many keep mentioning this and I am sure it will be said again and again. It needs to be said till you start to listen to your player base. The rings are so hard to get in any VOS that many players I know have quit the game to go elsewhere for a feeling of satisfying growth of character progression. I have run VOS and VOS HC hundreds of times and still have not received the rings I need. I have not gotten any components of air and darkness nor have I gotten any rings from simple VOS. In short, you are killing your player base. Due to the horrible rng set in place at the start for Sharander and the slow unlock of more bad rng hard to get items. A player should be able to get whats needed after say 20 runs. What you have going on is a system of punishment for those who make the efforts to try. Please fix this..make rings from VOS sellable/tradable. This way those lucky enough to get rings others need to make a profit and I can get the rings i so desperately need and never dropped for 6 months. Win/win Also make the rings of air and dark account wide please. The player base is off..its heavy DPS and no support in game. I am one of those who made end game tank and healer to support my DPS, but they are useless when components are for a DPS only rings and are character bound. Please make components account bound so you do not punish players who made such classes in order to support their main DPS. I do not know why you did this to begin with. It is a horrible system in place that feels punishing to everyone who puts in the effort so much and receives nothing for it. I have lost half my alliance to other games due to this system you currently have. Please listen to players feed back and experiences before its too late.

The main prob here is: If you get your rings for all your toons you stop running this dungeon - because it needs time to finish - and if you have the rings there is nothing in it so you stop running it.

This is a problem of the game itself. There is not enough content especially for end gamers.
    Example: At the beginnig everyone run miniboss hc farm. After getting everything you only run it if you help a friend.
    Some strangers or new ones still need to run it - the player base of runners gets smaller and smaller.

How to solve it? I'm not sure - add more content? Will not happen.
    So there needs to be a Solution for people still running content even if they got everything.

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Easy. Put 20 Insignia powder in all high-end dungeon end chests. People will grind them all day and all night.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    onlymat said:

The main prob here is: If you get your rings for all your toons you stop running this dungeon - because it needs time to finish - and if you have the rings there is nothing in it so you stop running it.

This is a problem of the game itself. There is not enough content especially for end gamers.
    Example: At the beginnig everyone run miniboss hc farm. After getting everything you only run it if you help a friend.
    Some strangers or new ones still need to run it - the player base of runners gets smaller and smaller.

How to solve it? I'm not sure - add more content? Will not happen.
    So there needs to be a Solution for people still running content even if they got everything.

Spot on - if you dont get in there at the start the chances OF GETTING in a group grow smaller and smaller each day.

The answer is to add more value rewards to all end game content like @rockster#6227 made a good point, stick Insignia Powder in, add in the stuff to upgrade collars, mounts and companions and make it all bound to account or free to trade.
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Only making it bound on character is whats making the problem. Your missing the point..players who are tanks who are healers would run it completely over and over again if it means that it can drop the rings for their account to support a DPS character. Its why players made such classes for random ques. If you cannot run it without being dps...then you just get it done and never run it again. That's the problem. I would help others more if it was made account wide and I am sure others would do the same as making the ring components account wide..gives players flexibility to be more than one class...DPS. Especially since the rings are pretty much made for DPS.
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    play any game and the shouts about rng are the same, yeah not great but what makes you think they would or even should allow the new bis to drop after 20 runs? that would simply mean a depopulated dungeon/ trial etc. the problem is not drop rate it is the lack of variation in a dungeon/ trial that make players want to be there for the content rather than the shiny shiny... things become a chore rather than an experience.
    and why does it seem the majority of answers to any issue in the game is make things account wide and free to trade, surely you play a game because you want to enjoy it, if your only after the opportunity to scalp people in ah try satisfying your urges in rl and become a trader.

play any game and the shouts about rng are the same, yeah not great but what makes you think they would or even should allow the new bis to drop after 20 runs? that would simply mean a depopulated dungeon/ trial etc. the problem is not drop rate it is the lack of variation in a dungeon/ trial that make players want to be there for the content rather than the shiny shiny... things become a chore rather than an experience.
    and why does it seem the majority of answers to any issue in the game is make things account wide and free to trade, surely you play a game because you want to enjoy it, if your only after the opportunity to scalp people in ah try satisfying your urges in rl and become a trader.

Yes, but no but yes.

This is another really good point about variety and reason for playing any content.

Currently I am enjoying the VOS Mini Boss Farming as it is exciting trying to keep the team alive [as a healer] and if I get a drop then that is a bonus. But once most players get a set or the BiS from this, they wont likely go back in again as most players are in the game for progression.

[Obviously no actual data to prove anything I said above and its all subjective]

There has been little new content or variety over the past two years or so.

[Sidenote - add Baby Zariel to the Random Trial Q already?]
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    it deleted my reply..but in short...tanks and healers will run more if account wide VOS rings to support thier dps toons....extra rings from end chests will help not only gear others but many will run more as supply vs demand market on rings gives yet another boon for buyer and seller. As the market floods with rings..prices go down.
  • thordet91#6067 thordet91 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I would like to ad. I was nice enough to tank it from the beginning on a paladin. I have my rings And so does my guild mates. now I can’t get it on my tr because everyone I know is done.. I won’t get the rings on my dps because I was tanking and the tanks that can replace me are also done.. the replay ability of this content is dead the minute supports are done.

And the ones that played support first, is struggling now. I should have done hc vos on my tr first.. F!
  • r4nger#4522 r4nger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Are we getting any responses? or we're not supposed to? Done VoS about 200 times since its release, and only got purple rings, about 10 times the same item, things like that.
  • azarael87#1456 azarael87 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    200 runs for the legendary rings I want and then 300+ runs for HC ring, still just 2 regent. I actually stopped logging in cause I feel burnt out, my actual job is a way to stress relief from the game.

If i gather much energy and manage to log in, and try to form a group for a hc run, most of the times after 1 hour, either there is no tank or no healer or both and then we eventually call it a day and move to a different game.

At this point I am happy to pay zen for the regents. The rng in vos is terrible and the fact is there is no other way to get those overpowered rings, is kind of a turn off.

At this point I am actually considering to leave again for couple of months and probably come back later. Or not. And this is not just me, a lot of my friends who played and plays feeling the same. Not everyone has luck and I seriously can't manage myself to think that luck will create a difference in a game. But well, I don't see this getting changed anytime soon.
  • xeldaanxeldaan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I can support the feedback. The RNG in VOS is mindcrushing. I only get a legendary ring every 20 runs if it goes well and I open both chests and use the reroll tokens. Even if I get a legendary ring once, it is very often either one I already own, or a totally useless one. I have not received a powerring after over 300 runs, so neither of them. Since I need the ring for my build, the frustration increases to infinity. Also the other loot is, despite the DD- event, very bad and unworthy of an endgame dungeon: 1 Scroll of Life, 2-5 companions token, or 1 Protection of Preservation. For a 40 min. dungeon with high resource consumption it is annoying and demotivating. Why can't there be a currency with which you can buy the ring you really need. Please listen to your players and adjust the system, or there will be less and less. I know many veterans who have switched to other games because of the bad RNG.

• olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Bad RNG does not equal high replay value. I'm fine with a grind if I know what I need to get the reward in the end. Put them in the campaign store with a new currency you get for each completion like scrolls for the tomm weapons. You'll have many more happy players on your hands. And considering how much insignia powder we need to upgrade anything, throwing 20 powder into the chests wouldn't hurt either. People aren't exaggerating when they say players have stopped logging in because of the terrible RNG. My alliance is full of them.
This discussion has been closed.