test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Press a button to skip....

So I have been trying to find the words to express how I feel about having to hold a button to skip cut scenes...

I found 1 word... annoying.

All this feature did is slow our ability to engage in gameplay. Not only that the unskippable cut scenes are still unskippable. I could tolerate having to hold a button if ALL scenes were able to be skipped but this is not the case.

Please just get rid of it and let us use the original system which was much faster for us to get into the action.

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It really is annoying, the old way was much better. I wonder why they changed it?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    Because it is annoying? Just a thought.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    > @armadeonx said:
    > It really is annoying, the old way was much better. I wonder why they changed it?

In a stream yesterday on twitch I asked about it and what they said is they didn't want people to accidently skip cutscenes...

They also said that the unskippable ones are due to background stuff going on to prep the zone for us to be in. I get that I suppose. Not thrilled but I get it.

However the other scenes that are skippable are just slowing the game down now. But thats just me.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    even a double press is better than a hold - but also, it's not a big deal if someone skips a cutscene, it's not like they aren't going to have the opportunity to see it again for another 1000+ times.

Also, I suspect that more people are annoyed by having to hold down the button than those who accidentally skipped a cutscene...

This kind of thing would be better dealt with by canvassing player opinions than just imposing it on them (imo).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    They could just have made it a toggle option in the player settings... either hold to skip or a single press. Thus you have options for both kinds of players
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    There is no plus side for holding to skip beyond dev might think it is cool.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    I dislike the Bonegrinder now where you have to sit long enough for the skip to happen and then you're dismounted with all the anklebiters beating on you. It was better when you could tap ESC and ride straight for the witch.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.