test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Times out

Hello,
I’d like to know if anyone else has timed out issue when joining a queue or moving to different maps. I have that problem, at least, twice a day.
I’ve tried diferente proxies, modem reset, codes and commands sent by arc support, however, the problem remains.
Internet: Comcast 1gb, ping 9ms, internet adapter driver is updated.
I have no idea of how to fix it.
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    This might not be your issue, but have you checked your Network Adapter settings? I had an issue (non-game related) where I upgraded to a higher speed broadband plan and got a new modem and for a year afterwards my connection played up. It told me it was connected perfectly, yet when I restarted the computer it did the same thing every time. It would time out, start to open a simple webpage then stop and hang or load it extremely slowly, I could not connect to sites and collecting emails would also fail and time out, but all the while it said it was connected and nothing was wrong. I would then have to restart my computer about 3 or 4 times in a row before the connection suddenly returned to normal. I was too scared to turn it off again once it was getting the right speeds and used to leave it on for weeks at a time. So basically at my end it told me it was fine, but at the other end it thought I was disconnecting and timed out. I got no help from my provider. My driver was fine. I then stumbled across this forum online where they had certain recommendations for the Network Adapter settings, one of them was to turn off all energy efficient settings which it was said caused this issue because it alters the way the connection functions to save energy, I don't know exactly what it does tbh. If you look in your settings it shows often as 'EEE' or 'Green Ethernet'. If you find this enabled, turn it off in all checkboxes. Another thing I changed was the duplex speed, it was set to recommended speed but I changed it up to max (higher than my actual connection is) and it also helped. Doing both those things suddenly made my connection work fine and I can now turn it on and off as many times as I like and it all works perfectly. I don't know what adapter you have, mine is a Realtek PCIe Family Controller. I was able to download a tool which enabled me to tweak the settings manually and follow the exact recommendations the guy on the forum laid-out. So I would maybe check into your adapter settings, not just the drivers because something may be interfering with the smooth flow of data back and forth and the other end may think you are disconnected when your system thinks you are connected like what happened to me. Just an idea.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You can try disabling 'On Demand Patching' under the launcher' options screen. It will take sime time to download everything but it will stop the game from patching during loading screens, which can cause issues.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    borbaranger#3645 borbaranger Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    > @pitshade said:
    > You can try disabling 'On Demand Patching' under the launcher' options screen. It will take sime time to download everything but it will stop the game from patching during loading screens, which can cause issues.

I've tried that already. Still have that issue.
  • Options
    > @rockster#6227 said:
    > This might not be your issue, but have you checked your Network Adapter settings? I had an issue (non-game related) where I upgraded to a higher speed broadband plan and got a new modem and for a year afterwards my connection played up. It told me it was connected perfectly, yet when I restarted the computer it did the same thing every time. It would time out, start to open a simple webpage then stop and hang or load it extremely slowly, I could not connect to sites and collecting emails would also fail and time out, but all the while it said it was connected and nothing was wrong. I would then have to restart my computer about 3 or 4 times in a row before the connection suddenly returned to normal. I was too scared to turn it off again once it was getting the right speeds and used to leave it on for weeks at a time. So basically at my end it told me it was fine, but at the other end it thought I was disconnecting and timed out. I got no help from my provider. My driver was fine. I then stumbled across this forum online where they had certain recommendations for the Network Adapter settings, one of them was to turn off all energy efficient settings which it was said caused this issue because it alters the way the connection functions to save energy, I don't know exactly what it does tbh. If you look in your settings it shows often as 'EEE' or 'Green Ethernet'. If you find this enabled, turn it off in all checkboxes. Another thing I changed was the duplex speed, it was set to recommended speed but I changed it up to max (higher than my actual connection is) and it also helped. Doing both those things suddenly made my connection work fine and I can now turn it on and off as many times as I like and it all works perfectly. I don't know what adapter you have, mine is a Realtek PCIe Family Controller. I was able to download a tool which enabled me to tweak the settings manually and follow the exact recommendations the guy on the forum laid-out. So I would maybe check into your adapter settings, not just the drivers because something may be interfering with the smooth flow of data back and forth and the other end may think you are disconnected when your system thinks you are connected like what happened to me. Just an idea.

I'll check the energy thing.
  • Options
    > @borbaranger#3645 said:
    > > @rockster#6227 said:
    > > This might not be your issue, but have you checked your Network Adapter settings? I had an issue (non-game related) where I upgraded to a higher speed broadband plan and got a new modem and for a year afterwards my connection played up. It told me it was connected perfectly, yet when I restarted the computer it did the same thing every time. It would time out, start to open a simple webpage then stop and hang or load it extremely slowly, I could not connect to sites and collecting emails would also fail and time out, but all the while it said it was connected and nothing was wrong. I would then have to restart my computer about 3 or 4 times in a row before the connection suddenly returned to normal. I was too scared to turn it off again once it was getting the right speeds and used to leave it on for weeks at a time. So basically at my end it told me it was fine, but at the other end it thought I was disconnecting and timed out. I got no help from my provider. My driver was fine. I then stumbled across this forum online where they had certain recommendations for the Network Adapter settings, one of them was to turn off all energy efficient settings which it was said caused this issue because it alters the way the connection functions to save energy, I don't know exactly what it does tbh. If you look in your settings it shows often as 'EEE' or 'Green Ethernet'. If you find this enabled, turn it off in all checkboxes. Another thing I changed was the duplex speed, it was set to recommended speed but I changed it up to max (higher than my actual connection is) and it also helped. Doing both those things suddenly made my connection work fine and I can now turn it on and off as many times as I like and it all works perfectly. I don't know what adapter you have, mine is a Realtek PCIe Family Controller. I was able to download a tool which enabled me to tweak the settings manually and follow the exact recommendations the guy on the forum laid-out. So I would maybe check into your adapter settings, not just the drivers because something may be interfering with the smooth flow of data back and forth and the other end may think you are disconnected when your system thinks you are connected like what happened to me. Just an idea.
    >
    > I'll check the energy thing.

BTW, my adapter is Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller / Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter. Not sure which one is the correct one.
  • Options
    Oh well if it's a realtek that tool i downloaded might work for u too, let me go find the bookmark i made for that thread i mentioned.... brb
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    If I sit in RTQ as Q leader, quite often when the Q pops, I get kicked off the server, it can also happen when I am not Q leader.

I wait 30 seconds then log in fine.

From asking in Guild/Alliance this happens to maybe 5% of players, we just live with it :anguished:

Doesnt happen changing maps etc, only in RTQ, RSQ, REDQ
  • Options
    OK, it was a little while back and I seem to have thought that I found the utility tool on the same forum as the advice (just a link in the thread), but I found the bookmark for that thread and it's not on it, but u need to read it and bookmark it urself anyway as it has the settings you need to check. Its here: https://karooforums.net/index.php?topic=2072.0

So I think I must have found the utility from the actual realtek site itself, I just went and had a look and found this, scroll down to find "Diagnostic program" 4th from the top of the list. Here: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

I also found another page on the realtek site which came up in a search and it's specifically for 'Gaming family controller', that one is here: https://www.realtek.com/en/downloads

I would definitely try the diagnostic program anyway, don't know what the software for the last link is tbh. But it sounds promising because it's the same name (gaming) as yours.

In the utility I used, you click on 'Driver' then 'advanced settings' and you will see the same options listed in the list as listed in that thread in the first link I've posted here. So I would try that first to see if you can use that, and also maybe check out the other software to see if it's of any use as well.
  • Options
    P.S. He doesn't mention EEE in that thread, but I did find out that it's also green ethernet, so I probably did more digging on my own and found that out and turned off ALL energy saving settings as they apparently seemed to be the main cause of problems like this for people. I think I figured if one energy saving feature was doing it, they probably all might and just disabled anything connected to that. You don't really need these on in any case if ur using a PC.
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    @borbaranger#3645 everyone here wants to assist you, they may need some basic information about your machine. That doesn't mean we are saying the PC is at fault. Some hardware information about your system would also be helpful.

CPU, RAM, and Graphic Display Adapter.

Now about the network, I personally recommend a test on Ookla but don't select the local server. Down below the GO button off to the right is "Change Server" click that and search for San Jose. Why? Because that is close to Cryptic's HQ for the server. Mine look like this;

You can share your results if you desire.
  • Options

@borbaranger#3645 everyone here wants to assist you, they may need some basic information about your machine. That doesn't mean we are saying the PC is at fault. Some hardware information about your system would also be helpful.

CPU, RAM, and Graphic Display Adapter.

Now about the network, I personally recommend a test on Ookla but don't select the local server. Down below the GO button off to the right is "Change Server" click that and search for San Jose. Why? Because that is close to Cryptic's HQ for the server. Mine look like this;

You can share your results if you desire.

Here is my test with San Francisco location.

Ping: 65ms
    Down = 189 (on wi-fi, my wired speed is 1gb)
    Up = 40