test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with MOD 21 and LV 20 Gameplay

MOD 21
- Sharandar questline now requires 40K IL to start
- RTQ/RADQ not giving seals of the wild (bug not addressed by Support)
- RADQ skyrocketed difficulty and reduced success rate

LV 20 Gameplay
- 100k daily rough AD conversion limit (not fair to players with multiple characters)
- Campaign weekly caps should be removed, rewards are not appealing, campaigns too grindy
- Astronomical amounts of AD and time required to attain 45k IL or IL>1300 gear

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Well the Sharandar 40k min is WAI - the zone has a difficulty that requires being better geared, otherwise we'd get a ton of 30k ppl who've played the game for a week complaining about it being too difficult for them - unless you think all zones should be easy enough for under-geared players to complete?

The 100k limit has been there for a long time so is not a M21 issue. Before that change, I used to run multiple toons and refined appx 250k AD per day. Do I miss it? I guess, in a way. But the AH prices are substantially controlled by the amount of AD people can earn and by my observation, the average cost of many items has come down since that change. Reverting it would push those prices back up. In other words, you'd have to spend more time earning to buy the same thing.

Campaign caps are there for one reason only: to make players take longer. This is for 2 reasons; firstly, it takes Cryptic quite a while to roll out new campaigns & they want it to look like players have stuff to occupy them. Secondly, imagine what would happen to random queue times for dungeons (earning AD) during the first couple of weeks of a new campaign if there were no weekly caps... Many players would be concentrating their time on the campaign and earnings would go through the floor (you wouldn't be hitting that 100k daily cap).

The cost of getting to 45k+ is higher now due to the requirement of levelling up companions: I've made no secret of my dislike of this, it's a money grab by Cryptic.

The queue bug with seals has been reported a lot and many players were surprised it wasn't addressed on the last patch or the fact that Cryptic haven't even commented on it yet!

RQ difficulty is primarily down to undergeared & inexperienced players accessing them - another sore point and an inevitable side effect of shortening the levelling time for new players.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2021

MOD 21
    - Sharandar questline now requires 40K IL to start

That has nothing to do with mod 21. New Sharandar requires 40K IL to start except in the 'introduction' weeks. The requirement was before mod 21.

- 100k daily rough AD conversion limit (not fair to players with multiple characters)
    -

That also has nothing to do with mod 21. It has been like that for years. Many including myself plays multiple characters. I actively play 7 characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    The 100k Daily limit on rAD was done as a measure to help combat whales and botting; with, despite both still existing; decent success.

Along with this, they have made the game itself as a whole FAR more alt-friendly.

If you've acquired each one, in Mounts alone you almost have 10 Mythics by default now.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    tgwolf said:

If you've acquired each one, in Mounts alone you almost have 10 Mythics by default now.

I believe there are only 7 account wide mystic mount so far. I chose to acquire account wide mystic mount instead of upgrading individual mount when the first account wide mystic mount was introduced.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***