test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Older Bounty Currency

kohanaskohanas Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited August 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
On one of my older characters, I have a lot of the older currencies that are from zones that are no longer around, such as blackdagger coins, ashmedi symbols, etc.
What do I do with these? I thought there was supposed to be a bounty merchant that we could trade these into?
Post edited by kohanas on

Answers

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Went away with the zones.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kohanaskohanas Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Well then what do we do with it? Simply just throw it away? That seems like a waste...
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    kohanas said:

Well then what do we do with it? Simply just throw it away? That seems like a waste...

It's the same situation as the Fomorian Concoctions from the old Sharandar zone. They just sit in your inventory until you get rid of them (no benefit there, honestly) or hold onto them until they become of value again...which may or may not ever happen.

And it's not just the 'old zones' that went away - it's all the zones in the leveling campaign that are left. No more bounty masters that I could find, for any level. And you aren't earning that currency anymore as a new character playing through those zones (Ebon, Vellosk, Icespire, etc).
    The gears you could get from the bounty store were useless by the time you could afford them. The leveling process is faster now, so they would be even more useless. It makes sense that they removed bounties from the drop list.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ajxxxxajxxxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ANTIQUITIES SCHOLAR IN PROTECTORS ENCLAVE.
  • ajxxxxajxxxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Didn't mean to shout
    White gear on the upper right of you post will allow you to edit said post.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    It was kind of obvious to me that if they were deleting an entire map, the bounty hunters would also go as well. So I went to every map on the deletion list before it happened and cashed-in all my tokens. I made a fair whack of gold and got a couple of transmutes I didn't have yet.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    greywynd said:

The gears you could get from the bounty store were useless by the time you could afford them. The leveling process is faster now, so they would be even more useless. It makes sense that they removed bounties from the drop list.

It's not about the gear score - some of the designs for the armors were unique to a particular zone. I honestly don't care about the esthetics, but I knew some folks would care so I used up all the currency I could to buy up bounty packs ahead of the transition, in case they became valuable (they are unbound, so can be sold on the AH).