test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Controls for bard

Just read the overly complicated, impractical and unusable controls for Bard. Would love to see the developers who came up with console controls demonstrating them in game.
Tagged:

Comments

• ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    The biggest issue I see is the Dpad. Take Blaze Flamenco as an example.

On PC the keybind for that song is 686686

On Xbox Flamenco will be all on the Dpad

Dpad R,L,R,R,L,R

Now Many Xbox players will confirm just how hard it is most of the time, just to get 1 shot of a health stone (Potion Tray Item) off from the Dpad. This game on Xbox seems to hate Dpads especially. Sure there are the quick slots, but still, I think the binds haven't been thought out properly. They are not at all intuitive in my opinion.
  • daddymike68daddymike68 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Got to spam dpad to get anything to work. Been that way for at least the 4 years I've been playing.
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Using the keypad for the bards songs will be an huge issue. You have to spam the d-pad to fire off your mount power, stone of health and any other consumables you have on there. This could be game breaking for the bard. I know it's not yet been realeased on console but the d-pad issue is already there during combat.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Hopefully the trouble we've always had is related to the tray and not the d-pad itself. But it's problem on my original xbox one, one s, series x, both with new and old controllers.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC

Hopefully the trouble we've always had is related to the tray and not the d-pad itself. But it's problem on my original xbox one, one s, series x, both with new and old controllers.

I truly hope you are right, but considering that the same issue of having to 'spam' the D-pad occurs with activating mount combat powers, I suspect the issue goes beyond the potion tray.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    It’s also a factor on PS4 as well. Ongoing issue of potions and stones and items not registered unless you repeatedly press the D-pad.
    So honest question, I know the Bard has free play. What if you are tone deaf? Or just deaf? Do you need to hear anything to play the class?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

So honest question, I know the Bard has free play. What if you are tone deaf? Or just deaf? Do you need to hear anything to play the class?

Well Beethoven did ok....

;)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    > @armadeonx said:
    > Well Beethoven did ok....
    >
    > ;)

True, but I can’t lay my head against the screen and play like he did with the piano 😁
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

> @armadeonx said:
    > Well Beethoven did ok....
    >
    > ;)

True, but I can’t lay my head against the screen and play like he did with the piano 😁

you have a point... !
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

No you don't have to have musical knowledge to play the class. Think more of say a 'Mortal Kombat' type Combo button press thing. The buttons needed to activate the songs show in the powers screen when you highlight each song. And you van have 2 songs on Quickplay slots that will negate the need to do the numerous button presses to activate those chosen 2