test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Levelling up

So, the only way to level up is to complete the quests? Killing bad guys doesn't give you experience towards leveling? Is it staying like this or is this just for the recruitment event going on? This is boring! My characters that I was working on leveling up are all of a sudden already at the full level of 20?!

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

So, the only way to level up is to complete the quests? Killing bad guys doesn't give you experience towards leveling? Is it staying like this or is this just for the recruitment event going on? This is boring! My characters that I was working on leveling up are all of a sudden already at the full level of 20?!

Correct, this is the new levelling experience.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    and it is terrible. No immersion, no fun. I couldn't even be bothered finishing Neverdeath with my Bard. I was exclusively playing NWO for around 7 years or so and now they have turned it into something that I don't want to play for more than 5 mins.

Great job, done a great job of destroying what was a good game.

If the same people were calling the shots on Magic the Gathering, no wonder it didn't make it out of Beta.

imo the only hope for NWO is to change the team who are making these HAMSTER decisions, and roll it back to Mod 15 and start again. Zero chance of that happening tho, so I'll be moving on.

For the life of me, I can't understand why they would be spending effort to taking the immersion and storyline out of the game. Spend effort to make it worse . . . . . how about spend effort to fix bugs ???
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I just cannot understand why did they keep the Ice peak campaign now. If what got left is just a plain pony ride to the top, they should have deleted it instead.

So much work... I guess, for the milestone approach, I would prefer just one big campaign for levelling - even if it would have to be Undermountain? And the rest of the zones to move to the journal as a non levelling stuff. There was no reason to butcher things this way.

Anyway, they decided this is the best way to go, so this is where their effort went.
  • maiinganikwe#8356 maiinganikwe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Takes less then a week to get to level 20 - where is the fun?! You can ONLY do the quests they tell you, you can't go off on another route, no 'farming', no exploring, no challenge!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Actually, I just went out to do my own exploring and farming skill nodes for insignia. I did get a lot of them leveling my bard to level 20. Yes, I did that in 5 days casually.
    At least, this beat my 10 minutes leveling up to level 80 before. :) Wait! May be previous is better.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***