test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Prepare to get stalled leveling a toon

pspoonpspoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
So, got a bard to level 5 hit the quest that gives you lockboxes that require shimmering keys, double clicked the lockboxes, bought the "free" keys from the Zen store and opened the boxes, all good. Except the objective to buy keys from the Zen store is still there, there are no more shimmering keys in the store and that's it for that toon until a GM fixes it. I may be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that these types of issues are going to pop up in the hundreds of quests we will have to gate though linearly.. at least before you could do another area or quest if one bugged... not anymore.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    pspoon said:

So, got a bard to level 5 hit the quest that gives you lockboxes that require shimmering keys, double clicked the lockboxes, bought the "free" keys from the Zen store and opened the boxes, all good. Except the objective to buy keys from the Zen store is still there, there are no more shimmering keys in the store and that's it for that toon until a GM fixes it. I may be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that these types of issues are going to pop up in the hundreds of quests we will have to gate though linearly.. at least before you could do another area or quest if one bugged... not anymore.

There should be only one (or just few) shimmer lockbox for you to "try" once. And, the content is usually junk.

There is no shimmering key to buy because it is for one time 'training' and it is not a normal lockbox key.
    In short, shimmering lockbox is not a normal lockbox.
    Shimmering lockbox key is not a normal lockbox key.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

pspoon said:

There should be only one (or just few) shimmer lockbox for you to "try" once. And, the content is usually junk.

There is no shimmering key to buy because it is for one time 'training' and it is not a normal lockbox key.
    In short, shimmering lockbox is not a normal lockbox.
    Shimmering lockbox key is not a normal lockbox key.
    Guess you haven't leveled a new toon since the update. And why are you telling me something that I already know. I don't think my description would be confusing to anyone who has started a new toon after the update.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    My bard is level 6 and completed that quest last night without issues.
  • Options
    buffytymebuffytyme Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    My best guess is that there was an issue triggering the "done" state of the quest when you bought the keys from the zen store. File a ticket. Take note of when it happened. The servers are experiencing horrible lag right now and I can see that happening. Sorry that happened as it sounds incredibly frustrating.

Thank you for posting a caution to others to make sure the zone they try this mission in is not having the lag issues which maybe caused your problem.
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

I suspect the fact that rather than opening the zen store and buying the keys, I clicked on the chests and the zen store window popped up and I bought them that way, no sure that is it, but bugs will be bugs...
  • Options
    amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    open the Zen store and type "shimm" in the search bar and they will come up. You have 3 shimmering lockboxes and there is a pack of 3 keys you can buy for free or try to open the box and it should offer to let you buy the keys again they will be free you do not have to spend zen.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    People are reporting all kinds of bugs - nice to see some things at Cryptic don't change, regardless of who's in charge...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options

open the Zen store and type "shimm" in the search bar and they will come up. You have 3 shimmering lockboxes and there is a pack of 3 keys you can buy for free or try to open the box and it should offer to let you buy the keys again they will be free you do not have to spend zen.

Well, that was worth a try. But, no dice. I already "bought" the keys, so they are no longer available to that toon...
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    pspoon said:

reg1981 said:

I suspect the fact that rather than opening the zen store and buying the keys, I clicked on the chests and the zen store window popped up and I bought them that way, no sure that is it, but bugs will be bugs...
    Very real possibility there... I did open the actual Zen store and they were on the first page that came up.
  • Options
    ben0#8414 ben0 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same thing happened to me :(
  • Options
    blackbobb#4821 blackbobb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I have a similar issue. The Shimmering Keys are not in my zen store. Doesn't matter how I open the store (from Y or right clicking the shimmering chests). Also doesn't matter how i search for them or look open any page. The keys simply are not there. I cannot progress the quest any further.
  • Options
    orbax#2958 orbax Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same thing. No keys there. Can't proceed. I had a ticket open for 4 days and it was closed as resolved and said to post about my experience here. I don't remember what happened, it was a while ago at this point. I got the quest, tried to do it, and couldn't because keys don't exist. Of course, since its Knox, that means I can't progress.

I.just.want.to.progress.past.this.

I don't care whats in the boxes, I want to move on. If I get them, neat.
  • Options
    orbax#2958 orbax Member Posts: 2 New User
    The support desk, when I logged this ticket, just told me to come here and commiserate with everyone else on the thread and then closed my ticket. Im still stuck, still can't progress. Did anyone else get *actual* help or are we all in purgatory and would have been better served just making new toons?

I took a hiatus of a year and was level 20 when this happened to me so im stuck with a bunch of stuff Ive made and spent a long time gathering.
  • Options
    So, I clicked on the boxes and the store page opened up, I bought the keys (free) and opened the boxes, but the objective to buy keys in the zen store is still there, so a somewhat different problem. Now after 3 emails, I am being asked for a screen shot of the quest objectives.
  • Options
    louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I had level my Bard to level 20 on the second day, sure there were a lot of bugs along the way but I was prepared for it, however I still got stuck at the workshop which I have to give it up or try to submit a ticket, I doubt they will do anything to fix it :( it is Neverwinter after all and most likely they will never fix anything unless a lot of players complain about it. To avoid the bugs you have to do exactly what they program for you to do, choose the wrong way and you will get stuck and there is no way to undo it even if you delete the quest and try again.
    Post edited by louchristan on
  • Options
    Well, my bug got fixed by a GM
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I've had similar types of issues with campaign steps completion that depended on how you opened the campaign. However, generally it would fix it self if I went to another zone and came back it would then would get the message the quest completed. Thankfully.
  • Options
    tisvinyl#2780 tisvinyl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @pspoon said:
    > Well, my bug got fixed by a GM

How long did you wait? I'm currently in purgatory with the same issue
  • Options

> @pspoon said:
    > Well, my bug got fixed by a GM

How long did you wait? I'm currently in purgatory with the same issue

At least a week...
  • Options
    jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    the problem is it is not a bug for all, came back to game after 8 months away started bard char and went through no issues with the lbox quest. the amount of tickets generated generally is huge and after update more and i would imagine the numbers must be astronomical after the introduction of new class... hope they get to yours soon.....
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    It's either a programming issue, since there are multiple ways to access to get keys.

Or it is a lack of following instructions issue.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.