test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Good Idea :)

Good Idea I think :) have a sure idea what option is missing I mean options similar to the one in word of warcraft, i.e. when we delete a character, it should be moved to a place where the deletion would start and we have 7 days to restore it or after 7 days it will be permanently deleted Because sometimes a person acts under the influence of emotions and sometimes siblings will remove the character and it is also a good option when hacking an account because someone will not remove the character immediately.

So what you think ? :)

Comments

• Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    Yeah great idea!!!

I haven't deleted a character with a bunch of items, gold or AD's recently but I'm not going to try to say I never have... :3
    DD~
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    What if you deleted it because you need the character slot for a different class..?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    saferon4#6983 saferon4 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

What if you deleted it because you need the character slot for a different class..?

It will still stay for 7 days, although if they would do it for a long time, keeping the deleted character is also cool (you know, maybe it will be removed but it will stay in the stash and ready to be restored if your whim changes)
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

armadeonx said:

It will still stay for 7 days, although if they would do it for a long time, keeping the deleted character is also cool (you know, maybe it will be removed but it will stay in the stash and ready to be restored if your whim changes)
    Fair enough, I don't have an issue with that.

I would advise anyone though, that they should never delete toons - it's always better/safer to buy a character slot to create a new toon. Cryptic change the mechanics of classes so often that the best bet for players is to keep their options open.

Also, having multiple toons has side benefits for crafting, invoke bonuses, running GH influence etc etc.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

armadeonx said:

Fair enough, I don't have an issue with that.

I would advise anyone though, that they should never delete toons - it's always better/safer to buy a character slot to create a new toon. Cryptic change the mechanics of classes so often that the best bet for players is to keep their options open.

Also, having multiple toons has side benefits for crafting, invoke bonuses, running GH influence etc etc.
    I cant agree more with this. The change to class abilities, Nerfes, tweaks etc means NEVER delete a toon, also never get rid of old artifacts or weapon sets or anything, as one day that HAMSTER green non bound companion you discarded in 2019 is now BiS and worth 8m AD in the Auction House. YES this has happened to me with mounts and companions especially....
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    Of course one of the best courses of action is to make sure all useful items are removed before deleting a character but HAMSTER happens... I can however see in instances like we have presently, someone deletes a fighter to try a bard and decides they don't like the bard after playing it for a few days and wants the fighter back something like this would be very useful. :+1:
    DD~