test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Queues in MOD 21

rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
Lately i've been out of the forums because honestly why bother right?

But i had to come here because i still can't understand your obsession with trying to match a fresh character with a level 20 one in the same dungeon with no item level requirement or the fact that they don't even have their encounters unlocked.

I just wanna talk a bit about the random queues and i'm out again.

Random trial queue - kinda worst than it was, a lot of people that were new to the game were boosted to max level and given a ton of gear and don't understand HAMSTER about what their are doing or what their class does so it's a complete HAMSTER show. BTW a lot of empty craddle instances, uhm i wonder why...

Random advanced queue - 30k item level requirement, lol what a joke... Good luck with that!

Random skirmish queue - haven't done it, not worth the trouble just for 6.9k, doesn't even have a role bonus

Random dungeon queue - oh this one is awesome, playing support class and having the luck to be queued along side with 3/4 players bellow level 10 and not even getting 30k ad it's all i wanted for christmas thank you!!

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    rev#7881 said:

Lately i've been out of the forums because honestly why bother right?

But i had to come here because i still can't understand your obsession with trying to match a fresh character with a level 20 one in the same dungeon with no item level requirement or the fact that they don't even have their encounters unlocked.

I just wanna talk a bit about the random queues and i'm out again.

Random trial queue - kinda worst than it was, a lot of people that were new to the game were boosted to max level and given a ton of gear and don't understand HAMSTER about what their are doing or what their class does so it's a complete HAMSTER show. BTW a lot of empty craddle instances, uhm i wonder why...

Random advanced queue - 30k item level requirement, lol what a joke... Good luck with that!

Random skirmish queue - haven't done it, not worth the trouble just for 6.9k, doesn't even have a role bonus

Random dungeon queue - oh this one is awesome, playing support class and having the luck to be queued along side with 3/4 players bellow level 10 and not even getting 30k ad it's all i wanted for christmas thank you!!

Agree 100% - FBI, 30 minutes of pure hell and pain for 7k RAD? Really?

I am happy to teach people mechanics if they listen...
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    rev#7881 said:

Not much difference between Random Trial and Advanced Dungeon, not sure why the extra 5k is a joke to you unless you want it to be more.

Considering the time it takes to level a character, in the long term, the amount of low level characters should decrease once we are no longer just a few days away from M21 going live.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2021

Just picking a channel and telling the group something like: "DON'T KILL THE THOON HULKS"

It looks like you're assuming everyone in the game 1.) Has that specific channel active 2.) Speaks the same language...

If I recall correctly there are two different servers Drider (for Russia) and Dragon (for everyone else, Americas, Europe, Asia, etc.) and all the different languages associated with all of these regions and as much as I hate to admit it, some players have little concept how to do much more than move and hack and slash when they're playing.

DD~
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Just picking a channel and telling the group something like: "DON'T KILL THE THOON HULKS"

It looks like you're assuming everyone in the game 1.) Has that specific channel active 2.) Speaks the same language...

If I recall correctly there are two different servers Drider (for Russia) and Dragon (for everyone else, Americas, Europe, Asia, etc.) and all the different languages associated with all of these regions and as much as I hate to admit it, some players have little concept how to do much more than move and hack and slash when they're playing.

I agree - I understand there are non english speaking players. if I type some advice in chat I would expect them to reply in their language to alert me to that fact and if I was running in a pug with Italian speakers I woudl do the same. Its courtesy.

I use the SAY channel then Raid channel and Party channel, if they have them all disabled they are doomed in NW life :)

And your last point, I ran a [pug] Svardborg last night - 6 toons dead from ice after about 3 minutes... ran a Deomgorogon the other day... Swamped by Adds from the tiny portals, barely scraped bronze... Tiamat ... split had 7 toons one side 3 the other, i mean lieterally if you cant work that out, one cleric is getting healed up cool, the other bar isnt moving....

I enjoy the challenge of the pugging, but its going to take a few weeks to get back to any sort of normal :)
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User

I agree - I understand there are non english speaking players. if I type some advice in chat I would expect them to reply in their language to alert me to that fact and if I was running in a pug with Italian speakers I woudl do the same. Its courtesy.

I use the SAY channel then Raid channel and Party channel, if they have them all disabled they are doomed in NW life :)

And your last point, I ran a [pug] Svardborg last night - 6 toons dead from ice after about 3 minutes... ran a Deomgorogon the other day... Swamped by Adds from the tiny portals, barely scraped bronze... Tiamat ... split had 7 toons one side 3 the other, i mean lieterally if you cant work that out, one cleric is getting healed up cool, the other bar isnt moving....

I enjoy the challenge of the pugging, but its going to take a few weeks to get back to any sort of normal :)

Never heard the if someone types something in a random you should respond as a "courtesy"... how is one supposed to know someone is offering general or specific advice instead of a message to a friend or guildmate, particularly if they don't speak the same language?

I see messages in other languages frequently during dungeon runs and perhaps it id discourteous, but I've rarely felt compelled to respond to anyone typing in a language I'm not familiar with... I just figured if I type a message like: "target the boss, not the adds" and there is no response either people understand or they don't, they'll benefit from the advice or they won't, but ultimately the only player I have any control over is my own so I concentrate on trying to do my job and hope others do theirs or learn how to do whatever they do more effectively - eventually.

It must take a lot of effort, and time, to type something on three channels when you communicate with people in dungeons, between fighting and keeping up I barely have time for a quick message on one channel if I have something to say. I'm not really sure what "normal" even is since the paradigm seems to differ for different players and the mechanics of dungeons change periodically so I'll settle for players who seem to learn from experience and are willing to play cooperatively instead of individually.

Happy hunting ~
    DD~
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Kind of obvious but if it's a 5-man PUG party speak in party chat and be done with it, if it's a 10-person PUG group (trials) with 2 parties fighting together speak in the raid channel and be done with it.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Or "know your role and shut your mouth." The Rock, wasn't it?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I am generally thinking randoms in this game are a bad design and don't like doing them if they are not premade. Recently more than ever, which is closely tied to the game becoming easier and easier (to reach a point where people are supposed to be able to do rqs) and not at all tied to any kind of real progression. (It should be necessary to have done some Soshenstar content for Tong, some Omu content for Codg etc... But we prolly do not have enough active players that have done Omu before to fill a what was RTQ)
    - bye bye -
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

Kind of obvious but if it's a 5-man PUG party speak in party chat and be done with it, if it's a 10-person PUG group (trials) with 2 parties fighting together speak in the raid channel and be done with it.

Nobody cares about that two people trying to tell others not to hit the skull in raid channel. I don't know why, and I cannot particulary bothered anymore to care about the why, it's just like that. Not sure why Cryptic expects people that cannot follow "do not hit skull if you don't know how" to do tic/lomm/vos or.. lmao... tomm after lvling for 6-9 hours and buying some mount/comp packs for 15k+ zen each.
    - bye bye -
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    As I put in another post, I don't care that cryptic wants experienced players to carry all of their new players they are catering to. I'm not bothering to explain stuff, I'm going to continue to carry the low level 5, 8 and 12 types midway thru the dungeon and drop them off. 30 min penalty, I'm good with it.
    Cryptic doesn't care about long time player experience so I don't care about their new player experience.

People come here all the time and try to get cryptic to fix issues in game. Really doesn't work out. But what I can personally effect is their "new player" experience. I'm gonna crush it every chance I get :)
  • franciscoperolafranciscoperola Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I ran a random dungeon yesterday, the 30th, with a level 5 fighter (level 20 in the previous mod) alongside two level 20 players, one level 18 and one level 9, and it was a real disaster, I never saw anything equal and play for over 6 years. No doubt the players were inexperienced, but it's also true that the difficulty was pretty close to impossible. Before this mod low level random dungeons were difficult but could be completed but not now. Criptic has to review the difficulty level as they are not worth running dungeons.
    The game has a lot of things right, the overall difficulty is high on leveling which for me is positive, and the rewards are very good, something never seen in the game. The rewards given to veteran players are also excellent, and the concern with the tutorial also hints at a new stance for Cryptic. However, huge bugs such as invisible bosses create added difficulty, especially for novice players. Something has to change quickly, otherwise new players who flocked to mod 21 will leave as quickly as they arrived.
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I think increasing the minimum IL for the higer end rqs would help a lot

Even when the leveling tutorial was longer and you had more progression in your build a lot of players still didn't know how to play the game/ play there character/ make their build at all

Especially with the Recrutement event you can stumble into an IC q 2 or 3 days after starting up the game.
    Not only does that take away any and all progression it's also terribly annoying for the players that know what they're doing, and when new players get yelled at during queues they can just leave the game.

Since the new mod came live i've had 3x 1h+ long Lomm runs, i was the only player in the q that knew all the memchanics, i don't mind teaching players mechanics but not everyone is that nice or has that patience.