test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too Much Equipment

tirosan1701tirosan1701 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi, I have a load of gear on a new character I built since the new setup and it is all bound. I can't sell any of it. Am I missing something or is there something else going on.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Turn it into library pieces or mulch it for RP.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Or sell it to any vendor for gold on the sell tab.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • tirosan1701tirosan1701 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    rockster - that's the problem when I try and sell to vendors it says I cant
  • kaksika88#1477 kaksika88 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @tirosan1701 said:
    > Hi, I have a load of gear on a new character I built since the new setup and it is all bound. I can't sell any of it. Am I missing something or is there something else going on.
    > Thanks in advance

A lot of of them are decent transmutes, put them into your library
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited July 2021

rockster - that's the problem when I try and sell to vendors it says I cant

There's two types of items, one which can be sold and one which can't. The ones which are not able to be sold, when you hover over that item it will show only refinement points on the bottom right corner and not a gold value. If it does say a gold value and when you go to a vendor and hit the sell tab and then try to sell and it won't let you, it's a bug and you should report it. What notification do you get and can you take a screenshot?
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Most of the equipment you find will look like garbage by the time you get done leveling. I ran Undermountian gear (module 16) given to your character upon taking the quest. I still have some of the gear on my characters, I did some play testing in Avernus and there was better gear, I just never bothered to collect it. So this brings us to the question, has module 21 changed the need for better gear? I am running 22K in end game content. Sure, I am not able to do dungeons, but I can still go to Avernus and beyond without the need or desire for ranking up.

After you reach cap, item level is important to most players wanting to gain access to dungeons locked by item level. But gear alone is not key to accessing the 20K, 30K, and 40K item level tiers. You are going to need pets/companions (I was told 10?) and the higher rank the better your score. You will need 5 mounts and the higher rank the better your score. Refinement points can be well spent on enchantments and insignias. They are also on the "must have" list for better item level.

If you want to refine items you can right click on the item in your bags or there is a small cog on the lower right of your inventory menu allowing you to mass refine all items. Refinement points will be recorded in your currency window. You can also craft your own gear in professions or just buy it for AD (astral diamonds) in the auction.

If you need more storage, bags can hold most of what you really need, banks are very limited unless you plan to spend zen to buy more slots. Some players resort to mailing items to themselves, mail can only contain 100 items per account. Guild banks are cheap but only hold unbound items and not account bound or character bound. Alternate characters can be used as storage as well.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    Is the problem too much equipment, or too little room to store that equipment?

Cryptic/Neverwinter gives players special equipment that is designed to work better in specific areas (fighting beasts, fighting dead, etc.) but because of limited storage space sometimes a player is forced to consider disposing of some equipment simply because of the lack of inventory space... Oh sure a player can spend buy Zen and purchase more storage space for their characters but too many items are Bound to Character, so eventually even that solution becomes untenable as well and extra characters for storage is absolutely no help when items are Bound to Character and as I mentioned there seems to be an excess of that type of stuff.

Then there's the "Endless Chase" (grind) some players spend days, weeks and months doing the same things over and over again just to be able to get the latest and greatest (or greatest for that area) equipment... then all too soon the equipment that some have worked so hard for becomes obsolete - even in the areas where that equipment was designed for - with a future upgrade. This particularly sucks for the players who are stuck with parts of the gear they were tying to assemble and even more so when that gear is completely eliminated and no matter how much effort they put into the game, they can't complete the set.

Not too long ago I came to the conclusion; 'why even bother?'.

There are some things worth buying or chasing, like bank slots for instance but as the game is designed currently that's it. There seems to be a cap on sustainable useful items, the ones that decline in worth over time (ID scrolls, enchantments, runestones, gear) are barely worth the effort to grind for, and my personal opinion is they certainly aren't worth spending any more money on because this year or years ahead they will turn out to be fodder and nearly worthless.

Neverwinter wants to attract and retain more players...
    1. Stop with the too frequent and too radical changes to existing content... some people want to play specific content and aren't interested in some of the newest flash in the pan Module updates, at least not yet. Not everyone progresses at the same rate in the game. Players will likely move on when/it they become bored in one area they've played a lot.
    2. When new Modules come out and changes to characters, gear, powers, or other features are required, make those changes specific to the new content, not existing content. Playing or dominating in one area is great for a while, but when a character who used to do well in one area tends to get slaughtered in that area after an Mod change, 'why bother' especially when someone determines it will just happen again.
    3. Encourage players to actually finance the game by offering them more items that aren't made obsolete after a future change. Maybe gear, mounts and companions that are BIS for a specific zone map - and remains so. If a player moves to a new area map those items won't be as good in the new area, but if they go back they still have the best items available for that area. If I buy a companion that's very effective against Orks in the Tower District I'll use it - If I move to an area where I'm dealing with undead instead of Orks I'll probably be more willing to buy a new companion if I know they are more effective and remains so against undead opponents. If I go back to the Tower District I know I can call back my Ork slayer companion and it will be just as effective.
    4. Think about making future Modules "Pay to Play"... Neverwinter is a free to play game, I get it... But free to play to a certain point. If say that point ends at say Underdark for instance and a person wants to move on to New Sharandar they have to buy the upgrade. Games used to do this all the time before MMO's - First there was Neverwinter Nights - 2002, then Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide - 2003, next was Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark - 2003, Neverwinter Nights: Pirates of the Sword Coast - 2005, etc. people didn't just buy the first Neverwinter Nights and get the rest of the sequel games for free. I understand the market is vastly different now than it was in 2002, but I gladly spent money for many follow games after buying the first one - not because I had to but because I really enjoyed the game and WANTED to.

Some times it seems people, companies, developers become too prone to become set in their ways and fail to consider other alternatives that may be viable because "we've always done it this way"... personally I think that's the quickest path to stagnation in existence.

¢¢
    DD~