test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why am i getting black screen ?

im getting black screen when i log into never winter im also getting unable to connect press try again later and when i go into dungeons i get dcd alot too

Answers

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Check what you can on your end. Reboot your comp and router for starters.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    adoranzgrimm#0645 adoranzgrimm Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    ive done that alrdy dont kow what is wrong
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The launcher black screens have been happening to quite a few people after the combat rework patch. But once you close out of it, with the task manager, it works fine. They do not happen all the time, just once in awhile.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Same. Does not happen every time, but when it does, before anything starts to come up(various logo's and intro credits before char screen) it seems to get stuck in some loop or something where its just the black screen and a blue ring(processing info ring) for my mouse. Only way to get control back is to bring up task manager and forcibly close the Neverwinter program(not arc launcher). After that it seems to return to normal for some time, but will invariably end up doing it again.
    Is the development team aware of this? It has been happening since combat rework, but have yet to see any acknowledgement from cryptic on the issue.
  • Options
    rdawsonrdawson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have also been experiencing the same black screen on startup issue and the same workaround (task manager kill and restart) is the only way to complete the startup of the game. I can't say exactly when the problem first appeared, but it certainly has been occuring for a while now.
  • Options
    scarlettsteelscarlettsteel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Hello,

if you use the Arc Client to start Neverwinter, the application hang is most likely caused by the Arc Overlay.
    As a workaround try the following:

- in Neverwinter Laucher go to "Options"
    - scroll down to "Command Line"
    - enter "-ArcOverlayEnable 0" (without quotation marks)
    - click "Save"
    - click "Exit" and "Play" to start Neverwinter

This should fix the issue.

Scarlett Steel
    Post edited by scarlettsteel on
  • Options
    kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    Thanks for the work around scarlettsteel. I guess I've gotten used to always having to kill the program if I haven't played since I turned on the puter for the day. Sounds like it needs to be fixed though since it's a common problem.
  • Options
    erza1120erza1120 Member Posts: 18 Arc User

Hello,

if you use the Arc Client to start Neverwinter, the application hang is most likely caused by the Arc Overlay.
    As a workaround try the following:

- in Neverwinter Laucher go to "Options"
    - scroll down to "Command Line"
    - enter "-ArcOverlayEnable 0" (without quotation marks)
    - click "Save"
    - click "Exit" and "Play" to start Neverwinter

This should fix the issue.

Scarlett Steel

Thanks! for the help it worked! I do agree with the other comment, they need to find a way to fix this issue.
  • Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Same. Does not happen every time, but when it does, before anything starts to come up(various logo's and intro credits before char screen) it seems to get stuck in some loop or something where its just the black screen and a blue ring(processing info ring) for my mouse. Only way to get control back is to bring up task manager and forcibly close the Neverwinter program(not arc launcher). After that it seems to return to normal for some time, but will invariably end up doing it again.
    Is the development team aware of this? It has been happening since combat rework, but have yet to see any acknowledgement from cryptic on the issue.

Also been having this happen...
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger