test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RAD Refinement needs updating

c0ker666c0ker666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
I have been playing this game off and on for years now and one thing hasn't changed this entire time and that is the amount of RAD you can refine in one day. This needs to be increased drastically since it is the main source on money in the game in order to upgrade equipment. The 100,000 a day refinement makes no sense when a single Enchantment at rank 14 goes for about 500k and rank 15 is around 900k. Just like in the real world, inflation happens and when you don't increase the rate at which you earn money it makes it hard for the average player to function.

As mentioned earlier, AD is the main monetary system in this game and the only way to earn it is to do random queues and some event boxes. But that still leaves you with having to refine the RAD into AD for use... this is the first game that I have ever played that requires the player to earn one useless currency in order to upgrade it to the most prized currency. Hell, you can't even buy ADs in the Zen market??? You have to either take your chances with the RNG Gods and hope for something sellable in the lockboxes (read blew, never again will I buy keys) or do the in game ZEN to AD conversion that is also locked at 746-750 AD per ZEN... depending on how much is in stock from other players.

It is extremely difficult to get to an item level that can get you into Sharandar which is now item level locked. After returning to the game after a couple of years I found it fairly easy to level and get half way decent gear but now after a few weeks of playing for almost 12+ hours a day (was on vacation) I found myself in a state of non-progression which is a major turn off for me. I enjoy playing games that give me the feeling of some sort of accomplishment. But when its going to take me about a month now (reduced time to play) to upgrade one piece of equipment or just being able to afford those overpriced enchantments it's forcing me to go and look for another game to play. And before anyone jumps on me about "Well if you spend money to open lockboxes it will go faster" let me tell you that you are fully wrong. I'm the type of person that will dump money into a game that I like playing and yes I did dump quite a bit into this game when I came back but the RNG Gods felt that I didn't need the goods and so I crapped out on only getting a hand full of low rank enchantments, a bunch of gems, and about 2k of trade bars from over 50+ of the new lockboxes. I have 21 more days left on my VIP account and if I still feel that I have not made any progress in this game then I will be taking my money some where else.

Suggestion:
I suggest that they remove RAD from the game and make it to where you earn AD's the same way that you are now earning RADs. Since this is the main currency in the game, by not allow players to actually make it or severely limiting the amount you get each day reduces the amount of fun players have which has an impact on population. With the big change coming in MOD21 I think this would be a good chance to implement this suggestion.

Additionally:
In order to counteract the increase of AD into the economy and allow it to be removed from the game then I suggest changing the currency for the Tarmalune Trade Bar sale's inventory into AD and doing away with the trade bars. This will allow players to spend their hard earned AD on something useful as opposed to most of the stuff in the wonderous bazar. Plus, there are way to many different kinds of currency in the game and that needs to be cut back.
Post edited by c0ker666 on

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    c0ker666 said:

I have been playing this game off and on for years now and one thing hasn't changed this entire time and that is the amount of RAD you can refine in one day.

If you have played this game for years, you know it has been changed at least 2 times.
    It was 20K per character. Then, 25K per character. Then, 100K per account.

And, too much AD is the cause of Zax queue. Cryptic would love to increase it more to make the queue longer. If you only depend on RAD to get your AD, it really does not matter how high the daily limit is. You will not catch up.
    "rank 14 goes for about 500k and rank 15 is around 900k" that would be "cheap". I have not checked but I actually am surprised it is that "cheap". It used to be millions. It will be millions if there are more AD in the game.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    It was 32 or 36k per character when they changed it to 100k/acct.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    c0ker666c0ker666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Yes, I couldn't remember what the cap was for RAD refinement back in the day... like I said it has been a long time. All I remember is that it was the same problem back then that it is now. Also, I wouldn't mind if the prices on things goes up if they removed the cap from RAD refinement because I would then be able to strive for something that is reachable in a fair amount of time as opposed to trying to save up for 2 weeks for that one enchantment at 100k per day.

If your worried about to much AD in game then we should get them to add more things to the wonderous bazar that people would need, like enchantment stones, wards, companions, and mounts to name a few. In fact all they would have to do it turn the Trade Bar vendor into a AD vendor and remove those trade bars. Thus, allowing for a lot of that AD to be removed from the game.
    Post edited by c0ker666 on
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    "Fair amount of time" is subjective.

Patience and perseverance are virtues.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    somveraasomveraa Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Patience and perseverance, aren't virtuous, they're simply useful to those who posses them.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I usually make around double what I can refine in a normal day which means my raw amount keeps climbing. It's around 4mill right now. I don't mind this because it means I have the option occasionally to just log in and refine my 100k and log out again if I'm not in the mood to hang around and I'm never stressed about actually grinding to make that full 100k on any given day because I have a guaranteed income of 100k per day no matter what I do as long as I have periods where I grind a bit and keep it topped-up. As far as the amount of 100k, well meh, it takes me a while to save for what I need to buy if it's 10 million or so, plus I'm constantly digging into it to get restocked on things like overloads and other consumables or else impulse-buying stupid things from the AH which eat-away at it. It can take a little long to get to where you need to for the bigger ticket items. I would like to see the refine amount raised up a little so I could get to my targets faster and not have to wait a month or two to get one item on the AH or whatever but then I remember how it was 20/25k a day and how long that took to get things which were still in the millions anyway I just tell myself to be grateful it's 100k.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    On the beginning it was 8k per toon :D
    For the record :P
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I haven't been on Champions Online to test (they don't update the game) but I think the same kind of currency called Questionite is limited to 8K per day or somewhere in that area. Maybe Mr. @blargskull can confirm this for me?
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Actually, increasing the daily refinement cap would have the inverse effect of what you suggest; it would cause prices to increase as players would have more AD to spend.

People sell items at the highest price they can get. That is partly impacted by the amount other players earn, as well as the availability and desirability of the item in question.

Increasing the daily cap would also impact the Zen exchange. As seen recently, an influx of AD causes more players to offer AD for zen, significantly lengthening the wait time and drives up auction house prices for items bought with zen, such as preservation wards.

What you actually need is a method of earning more AD from other players by obtaining and selling items for profit in the AH. There are many routes for this - but the 100k daily refinement limit should just be regarded as 'base' earnings.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

I haven't been on Champions Online to test (they don't update the game) but I think the same kind of currency called Questionite is limited to 8K per day or somewhere in that area. Maybe Mr. @blargskull can confirm this for me?

Yes and no. Sorry, I missed this until just now, that cap is per character and not account. Each of my characters (seen below) can refine 56K Q per week which means you need more active alts in Champions than you do here. However the Champions Q store is a lot better stock. There are items in there we want to get for the Questionite.

The Q store has 3 categories each for primary and secondary gear, modifications for vehicles, systems, offense, and defense. There are 3 categories for powers, 2 for costumes, 2 for vanity, and the last is lockbox packs. The total categories comes to 18 and the most expensive items are the travel powers at 250K Q each.

The G or Global currency is just like Neverwinter gold. This is higher in demand than anything else. On the average we can buy/sell Cosmic Keys for 200 gold and there are Crates of Q in there for G as well. A Crate of Questionite drops 25K to 50K and currently costs you 527 G.

The Q Exchange is still running 476 Q for 1 Zen with 334 Zen immediately available at that price. At the other extreme end, you can pay 483:1 for the 1,934 zen available.

On the flipside (if you are selling zen) expect a wait. Players are only offering between 458:1 to 452:1. zen is not in high demand in Champions.

As I said before, I pay cash for my zen in Champions and before anyone asks, it will not transfer to the other games... thank god! :trollface:

Just killing time...