test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enemy super speed

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
If I grab aggro while mounted, an enemy who is mid attack can move and keep CA on me while I'm running on a Mythic mount with guild boon on. An example is in Sharandar I think it's a troll who has a large circle aoe around it. I understand that it moves relative to my position but imo if it moves as fast as I do mounted something is wrong with the system.

I'll try and get a video of it at some point and add it here, but it looks pretty dumb! Sliding enemy, feet not moving, but sliding at mythic+ speed.

Comments

• Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I have seen this too Reg1981. If you want an excellent example and to try and get a video, run the weekly quest from sharandar ep.1 Point of Contention. All of the mobs that "spawn" when you hit a certain part of the trail will spawn with speed = to the exact amount of speed you are using. If you are unmounted, the mobs are normal, if you mount up they go super-sonic. I strongly suspect that this is also the reason for AoE mob powers that are moving when they should not.
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    The seems to somewhat tie into the mobs having issues with Control Resistance and Control Bonus. I've personally notice that their Control Resistance seems to add movement speed to them somehow. When I hit them with butterfly bilethorn, it speeds them up instead of slowing them down. When I freeze them with chill, they're only frozen for a fraction of a second. When I get rooted by shamblers, I seem to be rooted almost indefinitely. Looks like the devs are definitely trying to "control" the players here.