test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fixing broken stuff

rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
I wonder how to write this post... I wonder if to write this post... Because im almost certain @development team wont answer it at all. But still i will try. And the whole thing is around fixitng things... How come that something that was giving fun for players and was broken without a daubt at the same time was fixed soooooo fast... why any other things that are also broken like encounters or class mechanics are not touched, still ?? Is there any measure of what is more important to be fixed or not ??
There is an exploit existing for 3 months... corelated with VoS only that healers Tab mechanics can be applayed to multiple targets giving paladin a chance to make 4 people in the party basicly immortal. What is more game breaking ?? Rings that are hard to obtain ?? Or mechanic that makes obtaining the rings a 1st grader math task ??
There are soooo many things to fix and u proved u can fix something in 2 days. Something that gives a player advantage anyhow.
That makes me sad to be honest, because it shows that you acctualy can do fast reactions, but there is some force that makes freakin not working things exist in this game for some unknown purpose.
This one shiny round piece of my gear gave me more fun for 2 days and more motivation to play Neverwinter than everything else what showed up in the game since Zariel Challange.
I would be greatful for any answear... I realy hope someone from @development team does read this.

Comments

• Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Totally agree. In keeping with their track record...they don't just fix, they destroy why people liked an item. Now band of air is procing 0 damage if only have 1 ring slotted. Seems they only "fix" things like items/comps, quickly...the tab mech you mentioned...that must be a tricky problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    stark760 said:

Totally agree. In keeping with their track record...they don't just fix, they destroy why people liked an item. Now band of air is procing 0 damage if only have 1 ring slotted. Seems they only "fix" things like items/comps, quickly...the tab mech you mentioned...that must be a tricky problem.

Lets see how much time it will take to fix Band of Air 0 dmg procs ??
    I get a strange feeling this wont be 2 days...
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    The Rise of the Tiamat... back in 2014 I guess? My first reported bug was that lostmouth set bonus is disabled by DoT weapon enchantments. Since those days it was reported by many more players, the bonus was even reintroduced in TOO artefacts... with the same bug...

Devs work in a mysterious ways. Who knows, may be in a half a year all pallys that entered VoS will be perma-banned because the class was broken. It is not like there is no precedence for such arbitrary measures...
  • Options

There is literaly no purpose of getting the rings right now... :anguished:
  • Options
    catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    rikitaki said:

The Rise of the Tiamat... back in 2014 I guess? My first reported bug was that lostmouth set bonus is disabled by DoT weapon enchantments. Since those days it was reported by many more players, the bonus was even reintroduced in TOO artefacts... with the same bug...

Devs work in a mysterious ways. Who knows, may be in a half a year all pallys that entered VoS will be perma-banned because the class was broken. It is not like there is no precedence for such arbitrary measures...

Same, reported that 2 times already, with video and screenshots, really sux DOT enchanments are so much weaker because they block some other possible procs. I'd be happy to run few Dreads in a party.

But doub't they will ever fix old stuff, it doesnt benefit them enough.
    Better create some another zen store companions for people to waste ZEN for.
  • Options
    I cant belive that... i honestly cant belive that u forced a patch for a weekend that "fixes" the ring issue.... after 2 days... and you havent checked if the hotfix realy did what should do.... People play at weekends at the most and you forced a patch that makes the rings useless if you own only 1 of them :anguished:
    Why ?? Why did you do that ?? Why you let the players continously down ?? Why your care is spread only for new players ?? Why endgame folks cant have a bit of fun anymore ?? What did we do ??
    :anguished:
  • Options
    catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    rysiek86 said:

What did we do ??

We keep logging in, I think thats the problem

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Cryptic bug corrections follow this one simple rule:

Q. Does it cost Cryptic money?
    if yes: Fix within 48 hours and roll out with an emergency patch
    if no: Sorry, they are too busy to fix bugs
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I've also reported that Undermountain potions don't work since combat rework or even before (I don't even remember anymore), and this was never benn fixed.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Soo....to get a ring based on a paladin bug is ok, but how is a ring (buggy, doing too much damage) fixed is wrong?
    Because the paladins are still playing on this bug and maybe someone else will benefit? : D
    I dont defend devs, but this hypocrisy sometimes break me.

Kinda of weird you didn't report this exploit beforehand, right?
    Before the ring nerf...
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    I dont like any kind of exploits to be certain... if u did read otherwise i want to underline it... any exploit should be punished especialy if its used with premeditation...
    Also i know that rings were overperform waaaay too much and toning em would be a good move... but they should be still a special piece of gear, worth wearing and worth being hard to obtain...

This is and allways was my point of view...
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    You have wrote that exploit has been around for 3 months.
    I can't see your post asking for fix.
    But for the contrast, there is a post complaining about ring nerf.
    But well, okay
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    until it get fix remove the air ring and equip it again to make it work