test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unbind Token

nheffs#7283 nheffs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
Everybody knows that are different kinds of bound equipment: bount to account, to character, and with no bound. My idea is that could be something like a "unbind token" that could allow to change the bind of a certain item, opening a window that we could choose a item to change the bind, but with some limitations:
  • Artifact Equipment:
    • could be turned into unbound, but only if the item hasn't been refined (uncommon)
    • could be turned into bound (account), if it has already been refined
  • Other Equipments:
    • bound (character) itens could be turned into bound (account), to use with another character

Post edited by nheffs#7283 on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    Some kind of Zen store item to unbound or bTA has been asked for years.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Man, this would be awesome.

I would be willing to purchase with Zen to be allowed to move an item from one character to another on the same account. Up till now, I've had one character on PC and one on Playstation, but when I remade my PC character on Playstation I immediately began to wish I could move an item or two over from my original character...
  • nheffs#7283 nheffs Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Really? That could be really helpfull. :(
    edited May 2021

For example, one of many:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/527234/unbound-token

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    A token that will unbind something would keep people from having to grind out getting a new one.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    It will also allow players to sell the bound items they get from the juma bags and the exchange vendors.
    If the devs wanted that the item wouldn't be bound to begin with.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    > @xenocide#6577 said:
    > It will also allow players to sell the bound items they get from the juma bags and the exchange vendors.

But these ones will have that limitation I said before. These Juma's bag items could be changed only to bound (account), not unbound at all. The point is you use an item on another character, not on another account. The only thing that I said that could be really unbound was unrefined Artifacts.
    > @greywynd said:
    > A token that will unbind something would keep people from having to grind out getting a new one.

That's exactly the point: save time (for those ones who want it). And they (Cryptic) will make money with it, because the idea is to be on the Zen Market.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I seem to remember a very long time ago there was something which allowed an item to become unbound but it cost a lot. I may be mistaken or it was something I heard someone else say in chat aeons ago and they were incorrect, but it's in my head that there once was the ability to unbind but they soon got rid of it. But in any case they put so much focus on this being bound to account and that being bound to character and something else being not bound at all until equipped, it's so ingrained in the game and they seem to place a great deal of emphasis on it so I can't see them changing it. No idea why it's so important to them, but I feel it is and they have their reasons. They often like to micromanage how players play the game and bound items I think is one part of it which they probably aren't willing to let go.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    Dungeon loot used to not be bound and was traded freely in the AH. That was forever ago.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    The good old days when we had Gauntlgrym and you would slave away for an hour or so hoping your team won and got the best dungeon with the best gear, you'd win and be excited that you were going to the best dungeon and then answer someone in chat saying "lf2m", you and one other person would find yourself joining a premade group of 3 who had already planned they were going to vote-kick the two strangers just after the end boss was dead and they were running to the chest to pick up their hard-earned gear so they could get all the gear and sell it. Yay we killed the boss and that was hard.... run run run to the chest, halfway there, screen reloads and dumps you back in Gauntlgrym.

Yea, what I think I'm remembering is things which were already bound and you being able to unbind them again but it cost a lot.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    this is hilarious; did u miss search bar? ~1700 results https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/search?Search=unbind
    tldr: never going to happen.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User

> @xenocide#6577 said:
    > It will also allow players to sell the bound items they get from the juma bags and the exchange vendors.

But these ones will have that limitation I said before. These Juma's bag items could be changed only to bound (account), not unbound at all. The point is you use an item on another character, not on another account. The only thing that I said that could be really unbound was unrefined Artifacts.

Sorry I misunderstood based on the title and assumed you ment to make an item unbound.

However the idea of a token that a change something from character bound to account bound would be nice but then you are going to miss out on all of the fun, joy, and excitement of the RNG game on your alts lol
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    people have asked for this since mod 16, the game devs prefer you just buy the stuff over and over again.
    They've asked for it for longer than that.

For example, one of many:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/527234/unbound-token

Since at least 2013 (more or less since the game started).
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    It has been suggested for years to have a really expensive item which would convert a BtC item to a BtA, Now, I am only speculating here, but maybe there is a major issue, namely that this is not possible in general - an object with a "base" binding status of BtC is an internal ID that is different from the "same" object with a base BtA status and there is no easy mapping between those....and changing this is beyond the ability of the current developers.

Or maybe they don't want this as a matter of principle or are just afraid that people will use this to pass "unique" or quest items between characters and break something.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    You know what would really suck?

If other MMOs decided to bind items too! :trollface:

Just killing time...