test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold Marauders

oberonsghostoberonsghost Member Posts: 26 Arc User
Just wondered if any guilds/alliances were still able to get passed round 5 of the Marauders event in the stronghold?
If so what would you say was the key to your success?

Best Answer

• Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    I bug reported it shortly after combat rework, as being impossible to defend all 3 supply stacks unless you had a ton of people there. Got no reply. I have seen 2 supply stacks done once in my alliance, but we were I think about 28 people. So possibly if you can get about 40 people it can be done. But lag is bad on SH map with 25+ people, might be unplayable with 40. :/
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance

Answers

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The tough part would be finding people that want to go past round 5 given that there isn't any actual reward for doing so.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Also, to get past round 5, you have to defend all 3 positions. If any of the supply stacks are zero at the end of wave 5, the ability to vote continue is disabled.
  • Options
    Sorry the question wasn't how but was is any guild making it passed round 5.
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    No
    Currently we can’t get past 5.
    It’s stupidly tough now and very discouraging to the new players.
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    The trick is...

1.) ONLY defend the Cashe in front of the stronghold. No one should wander past the portholes on either the left of right side of the front door.

2.) Bring LOTS AND LOTS people in. Like.... 20 - 30 players.

We, as an alliance, run Mara 3 to 4 times a week and can complete np, but.. we have quite a lot of end gamers in our alliance so....
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited May 2021

The trick is...

1.) ONLY defend the Cashe in front of the stronghold. No one should wander past the portholes on either the left of right side of the front door.

We, as an alliance, run Mara 3 to 4 times a week and can complete np, but.. we have quite a lot of end gamers in our alliance so....

The trick has nothing to do with finishing "round 5".

What is the "round 5" mentioned here? I assume it is not wave 5. I never participate (since this event was available in the beginning) after the 1st round. i.e. we never have the option (nobody wants to defend all 3 fronts) to choose to continue (in the poll) to the next round.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    If you only defend 1 cash when the vote to continue comes up it automatically finishes the event with no option to continue.
    I want to know how to get further.
    To be honest I've already accepted the answer it's just no longer possible to defend 3 cashes.
    Using the suggested method that would be up to 90 players which is impossible.
    It used to be fun now it is broken content.
  • Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User

The trick is...

You really don't need that many. Our alliance have succeeded with just 10 people defending one cache. I admit it was not easy and our cache was depleted to zero a couple of times where we just barely managed to add drops back to get it above zero before a wave ended.
    But if we are around 15 people it's no problem. Of course strength of players make a big difference, 15 new players will fail miserably.

So like I wrote in a previous post, about 40 should be able to do all 3 caches, IF there are a good number of high level people there, but I don't see that ever happening.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance