test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

IMO the new format for the binding lines in CN is a total dud

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
The lines I'm talking about are those green lines which join two players and pull them together and which used to kill you when you touched. Now they pull you together but when you touch you just bump together, go up in the air and fall down and nothing happens. Besides which, now the two 'Neverwinter lackey's' at the start which are meant to act as a clever visual instruction/clue to players what to do and what the consequences of touching each other are has become meaningless as this doesn't happen anymore, you've taken something which added tension and a measure of adrenaline and turned it into a nothing-burger. The whole incentive to avoid touching someone has been taken away. People don't need to bother with them anymore, instead of dealing with the mechanics which were meant to remove a couple of players from the fighting for a brief time and provide a greater challenge to the other players in the team and give the two players connected to each other a challenge trying not to die, now it's better just to let yourself touch the other person as soon as possible and just bounce up and fall down and get back to fighting sooner. Trying to fight being pulled along is meaningless now and has no point to it. In my humble opinion you really should revert those lines behaviour back to how they were before because you've removed a big source of tension, challenge and danger from the battle and for what purpose. Also, now there are those silly green flames all around Talgath's arena, when someone is joined together and the line joining the two people is between you and the flames, you can see the prop the line is drawn on, it's a very wide black oblong band with the green line down the middle and when you have the green flames behind the line, it clearly shows up the entire (supposed-to-be-invisible) prop the line is put on and looks dreadful and fake. Not really well thought through from a graphics perspective.
Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• Options
    destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I'm 99% sure the green lines not being lethal rn is just a bug and not an intentional change from the devs

Another bug in CN is at the part where you kill the mobs walking towards the big green orb.
    Usually if a certain amount of mobs walk into the orb you 'fail' the mechanic and everyone get's killed, at least that's what's supposed to happen, you don't need a lot of hp to tank that blast now. I failed it 2x in a row with a random party and everyone was fine.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    @destrion I hope it is a bug because it's ridiculous now.

The rift does a lot of damage when the death sphere goes off, I play Cleric and I always try to set-off Anointed Army daily when the count is around 2 or 3 from the limit, I see the health bars go almost down to the bottom when it goes off and like to think the heal I give (it waits and heals only when HP's reduce to under 50% so is good for dealing with sudden big hits like that) stops any deaths, but tbh I have never tried just letting them all take a hit from the sphere without putting that on them or if it's not ready yet another heal to get them immediately all back up again just to see what happens. I know they go extremely low and I heal them back up, but I think ur right, they don't actually die from it, are they really supposed to 100% wipe? Many pug teams don't get all the zombies done until at least after the first blast has taken place (I pug it about 10 times a day), only those pug teams with extremely high DPS manage to do it before it goes off. Quite a few groups take 2 blasts before completing the zombies. If they made it fatal to the group they would need to change the rate of how many zombies there are or the speed at which they move along in order to make it workable for most groups.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.