test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount Collar and Insignia Drop Rate

drake#8415 drake Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Am I the only one having horrible "luck" obtaining mount collars and insignia? I play three characters several hours each day. I complete at least three random dungeons (trials) and at least two other trials each day. Also, each character seeks and opens approx 40 skill nodes each day. Over the past SEVEN weeks, none of my characters have received a single mount collar. And combined, they have accumulated only enough insignia to upgrade one purple insignia to yellow. Is anyone else experiencing a ridiculously low drop rate for mount collars and insignia? or is it just me?
Tagged:

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I only grind CN after doing all the random dailies on the list once a day so am not really well-placed to know the overall drop rates throughout the whole game generally, but besides the randoms done I do about 10 or more queued CN's every day and have never had one single collar drop and CN seems to have good loot otherwise generally speaking so I would expect at least a couple to show up. Blue insignias from CN are quite frequent, never had a purple, not sure they ever drop at all tbh, but as far as collars go nope, not one.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Skirmishes drop the collars. The handful I've gotten since tge changes all came from those.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    tbh had exactly 0 collars drop since they entered game
    not a problem because how collars are atm i only use the 2 bta i got origanally and havnt bothered upgrading as il hit is to much
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    A lot of insignia come from skill nodes.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • slabofrage#2812 slabofrage Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've had three from Dread Ring skirmish
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I would not say the drop rate of insignia from skill node is bad. It is the amount of insignia powder required to do the upgrade is bad.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Only if you're in a hurry. In that case you can buy insignia from different sources to mulch to powder.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • drake#8415 drake Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thanks for your comments. Considering mount collars and insignia are significant contributors to item levels now, it seems odd that they make it so difficult to acquire them. I have been grinding several areas for weeks to "dig up" green insignia to convert to powder. But it takes so much powder to upgrade collars and insignia, it seems the game will be closed before I have my three characters up to where I want them (IL 45K+) If this isn't fixed soon, I may not be playing much longer - you have to do so much to get so little that it seems like a waste of time. And when you do get your characters built up, they change the game and you practically have to start from scratch again.
  • catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Never seen collar drop yet.

But I heard like handful of people that dropped them in skirmish, not dungeon or trial.
    I've pulled a few from end chests, trial, dungeon, or skirmish.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I've gotten 21 collars so far, most from Master of the Hunt skirmish during the Dungeon Delver's Delight event. I also got some from Kessell's Retreat and The Shores of Tuern. It also took a lot of reroll tokens to get them. I still have a few Bramble keys on several characters so saving them for the next Delver's Delight event. I don't expect much since it was a pretty weak rework. Anyways, I'd suggest farming the free chest in those skirmishes and saving any keys for the next Delver's Delight. I did also get one collar from The frozen Heart dungeon...it was also during the event.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I'm pretty sure they nerfed insignia drops from skill nodes. They still drop but not nearly as often. Doing SH influence runs the mobs drop them pretty regularly and the treasure chests and mobs in MEs drop them pretty regularly. I got 2 blue in one ME today just from mobs.

All that said, my hunch is, now that insignias and insignia dust is more common in the new lock boxes they want us to open them to get them. Just like how they are almost the only way to get Fey Trinkets for SH coffers now as well.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

I'm pretty sure they nerfed insignia drops from skill nodes. They still drop but not nearly as often. Doing SH influence runs the mobs drop them pretty regularly and the treasure chests and mobs in MEs drop them pretty regularly. I got 2 blue in one ME today just from mobs.

All that said, my hunch is, now that insignias and insignia dust is more common in the new lock boxes they want us to open them to get them. Just like how they are almost the only way to get Fey Trinkets for SH coffers now as well.

I actually get more insignia drop (actually more than double comparing with before) from skill nodes recently especially in Sharanadar area.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    So to update I did 3 T1 SH influence runs and 3 ME runs today and got 8 insignia 6 green and 2 blue. Two blue and 4 green were mob drops and 2 of the greens were from random chests in ME.

Also got 1 purple from daily lock box.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • odanobunaga#4974 odanobunaga Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Welcome to Neverwinter where RNG frustration is king!
    So far, I only got one collar via skirmishes. Collars are offered in the Zen store if you badly want it, so go buy one for only 11$!

Insignias can be found in the chests in the Infernal Citadel. However, most of the time it's just the green ones.
  • drake#8415 drake Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This gets more and more frustrating. Over the past 10 weeks, I've opened hundreds of chests (over 1,000 with re-rolls) and still have not gotten single mount collar. I do three random dungeons and at least two skirmishes per character (I have three) per day. I generally find approx 3 insignia per character in skill nodes, but this is a ridiculously low drop rate. Now that they have removed the item level points from boons, mount collars and insignia a critical to getting a decent item level for a character. I've managed to get one character to IL 45K, but my others are stuck just over 30K. I've been playing Neverwinter since it was a stand-alone PC game and was extremely happy when America On Line added it (a small hint at my age). I play quite a but, but if it keeps going the way it is, I may have to reconsider.