test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Half-Elf grants +2 Intelligence to Rogue class, why?. Rogue doesn't ise intelligence for anything

nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
Half-Elf racial abilities says "Grants +2 ability score. This bonus is automatically determined by your class". Why would it give Rogue +2 intelligence?, Im pretty sure the rogue class doesn't use intelligence at all?, rogue class has no powers that use intelligence, am i wrong?. I assumed rogue would get +2 to power, charisma, constitution, dexterity or something, rogue doesn't use intelligence for anything, or am i wrong?.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Half-Elf gives you extra ability score your class usually does not want to maximize.

Barbarian Intelligence
    Cleric Intelligence
    Fighter Wisdom
    Paladin Dexterity
    Ranger Intelligence
    Warlock Dexterity
    Rogue Intelligence
    Wizard Dexterity

Intelligence gives control bonus. It "may" help Rogue's smoke bomb.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    1) Power isn't an ability score

2) Rogues not using intelligence might explain all the dead bodies around traps in dungeons.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    @greywynd 1) I meant 'strength', and 2) lol!

@plasticbat i don't think intelligence affects smoke bomb. Shame they don't make it so the race actually gives stats a class would want
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    On the other side of the scale choose a race that benefits the class you want to play. A lot of my stable of characters were favorites of mine from the tabletop. My rogue in game on the tabletop was a Drow Thief/Wizard. Shame dual class wasn't possible.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Intelligence is good for Cleric for damage and Dexterity is good for any class. Ranger Warden uses Int to buff lightning damage, I've been told.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother