test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bounty respawn rate is more than just AWEFUL ...........

pantha7pantha7 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
Whole map is full of corrupt elves and redcaps and nowhere bountiessss !!!!!!!!!!
FIX IT !

Comments

• datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    or what?! :D
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Something needs to be improved on the bounties. Either faster respawn times, all bounties giving 50% completion or faster respawns for the lower % bounties is what I think needs to happen. Right now the game play for this after monday is to stick your toon at a spot and don't do anything for about 1 hour or more. Too many people are camping to not have to camp yourself.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    The whole bounty system is badly designed. Camping is encouraged, and soon people will start using bots, if not already the case. People get angry, insulting others because of no luck or someone faster killing a target while camper picking his nose.

The ravenloft bounty system was great, it should be implemented in Sharandar: mobs drop bounties, which grant you access to a private hunt instance via a npc.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

The whole bounty system is badly designed. Camping is encouraged, and soon people will start using bots, if not already the case. People get angry, insulting others because of no luck or someone faster killing a target while camper picking his nose.

The ravenloft bounty system was great, it should be implemented in Sharandar: mobs drop bounties, which grant you access to a private hunt instance via a npc.

It's funny isn't it - some people never learn from their mistakes, whilst Cryptic never learns from the things it gets right...

They get something right on one mod, have to get it wrong on the ones that follow. Player friendly timer on epic HE anyone? a countdown on EE dragons - a set time for Well of Dragons - I'll even take the Vallenhas version for incursions! (Worst option of the three though). But nooo we have to have a different method for each mod and make players stand around for an HOUR or more waiting for one to pop in Chult, Ravenloft & IWD.

On topic - these guys have been around long enough to know that players put in this situation not only get competitive, they also get nasty with each other when they have to try to snatch a win at other players expense. Any game aspect that wastes players time AND makes them angry is just dumb and suggests that someone somewhere does not have their company's profitability high up on their list of priorities.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • odanobunaga#4974 odanobunaga Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Now I'm actually happy that there is no new gear for tanks (no defense+awareness companion gear, so Undermountain is still BiS). Saves me a lot of time with this social experiment.
    If I want to enjoy mindless grinding, I would try one of these Korean games.
    This mod is just boring and is not going to increase the popularity or profitability of Neverwinter.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

On topic - these guys have been around long enough to know that players put in this situation not only get competitive, they also get nasty with each other when they have to try to snatch a win at other players expense. Any game aspect that wastes players time AND makes them angry is just dumb and suggests that someone somewhere does not have their company's profitability high up on their list of priorities.

TBO I think this is intended. It creates a sense of competitiveness that makes players play longer and in theory spend more money. It also adds to the sense of FOMO. You see people posting these types of posts yet people are still there playing and not rage quitting. There won't be change unless people seriously stop trying which they know for a fact, they won't.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I don't like the new system, but the spawn time is about every 10 minutes. I haven't had any major issues with bounties or their spawn. First day we had issues with insta-kill campers, but since all hits get credit, I don't see as much of that.
  • thornigarthornigar Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    The rng that is taking over is starting to get a bit much and more than a little boring.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

I don't like the new system, but the spawn time is about every 10 minutes. I haven't had any major issues with bounties or their spawn. First day we had issues with insta-kill campers, but since all hits get credit, I don't see as much of that.

I've had plenty of times when I've had multiple hits, and not received credits.

I've had first hit (using an encounter power) and at-wills, no credit. I've used only at-wills for 3 or 4 hits (trying to ensure others around get a hit in too), only for others to go ahead and wipe it out in a blink, and to get no credit. It's happened multiple times. And I've confirmed my hits in the combat log.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User

I've had plenty of times when I've had multiple hits, and not received credits.

Wow, I have not experienced that yet. I have gotten credit with a single hit in one case where a try-hard came in and tried for a one-shot. Sounds like they need to work on the system.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

Whole map is full of corrupt elves and redcaps and nowhere bountiessss !!!!!!!!!!
    FIX IT !

I disagree, I have had no great problems getting 100% bounties. Think outside the box and you will do better.