test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My rational for what the new class (2021) might be

gemrilgemril Member Posts: 7 Arc User
There have been a few discussions on the boards about the class wish list. I would go at it from the perspective of Resource Nodes.

For Religion nodes we have two classes;
Cleric
Paladin

For Dungeoneering nodes we have two classes;
Fighter
Barbarian

For Arcana nodes we have two classes;
Wizard
Warlock

For Nature nodes we have one class;
Ranger

For Thieving nodes we have one class;
Rogue

Under Nature, in my opinion Druid would be the only logical addition, since as has been mentioned before, the class is already in game as NPCs we have dealt with, either as friend or foe.

Under Thieving, there are two possibilities. If we go by what the existing Thieving class (Rogue) is, it would be a DPS/DPS which would be Monk, however, a combat monk (at least to my perception) is not in the game as an NPC. The other choice (which wouldn't be DPS/DPS) would be Bard. Bards are represented in the game, but would be DPS/Healer. (I've never imagined a Bard as a TANK.)

Just my two cents.

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Druid and Bard are the most commonly mentioned classes in previous posts (by players). I would say that they'd steer away from the Bard as it'd be a de/buff class and they've been anti-buff for some time now - but then I remembered how in the past, they've pushed for people to take up a new class by making them over-powered (only to be severely neutered a year or two later). So a class with the only major de/buffs in the game would be an instant winner... (to be nerfed at some future point).

Of course, barring some change to the queue system, they would have to be classed as either Healer, Tank or DPS. Classifying them as either healer or tank would upset all of the actual healers & tanks...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    You still think they use logic to create content?
  • bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    It doesn´t matter what the new class will be or if there will be a new class. We have thousands of failures at all existing classes. I play a Wizard as my main, do I have to say more?. The good question is: When will this be fixed and when will they really be balanced?