test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Frozen Storyteller's Journal buff testing

walker#8832 walker Member Posts: 116 Arc User
Just completed testing of the 10% damage buff ability on Frozen Storyteller's Journal.

What it is supposed to do: Increase your damage and your allies damage by 10% for 15 seconds

What it is actually doing: An ally in the target area will get the buff, even if they are not in your group. Allies outside that target circle, for example a group member, will NOT otherwise get the buff, even if they are right next to you. This is a bug.

The artifact user themself will get the buff if an enemy is in the target area. If there is no enemy in the target area they will NOT get the buff, even if they put themselves in the target circle. This is a bug.

Please fix the buff behavior to apply to self and all group members on activation regardless of what is in or not in the target area.

Thanks very much,
Walker

Update: this is not quite right for allies, see below for results of further testing 8)
Post edited by walker#8832 on

Comments

• Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    This is WAI. Tome of Ascendance, Wheel of Elements as example.
    I don't think they fix/rework/adjust this set, it's legacy.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    masungit#5347 masungit Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Legacy set that Cryptic sells for money so they need to make it functional.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Legacy set that Cryptic sells for money so they need to make it functional.

exactly, but as I stated, it's WAI, it's a buff not debuff;
    but I don't remember journal name, if you bought 1 chapter for that journal it can debuff, so entry area of allies can benefit from that.
    I hope you got my point.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I do not accept that this is working as intended. It was working fine as described in tool tip some time ago, then it became broken. That's not the only thing that broke on it either, the 10% Defense ability isn't applying at all.
  • Options
    Ok thanks to the various folks who helped with further testing. Here is a more accurate description:

What it is supposed to do: Increase your damage and your allies damage by 10% for 15 seconds

What it is actually doing for artifact user:

As noted before they will get the buff if an enemy is in the target area. If there is no enemy in the target area they will NOT get the buff, even if they put themselves in the target circle.

For allies in your group:

They also seem to get the buff as long as there is an enemy in the target area. This is much less restrictive than previously thought, so that's good news.

For allies not in your group:

If there is an enemy in the target area, AND the artifact user is in the target area, AND the ally is also in that target area at the same time they will get the buff. This one is a bit more tricky to get it to process but it's there.

Bug report summary: the requirement for there to be an enemy in the target area should be removed, that seems to be a bug that crept in at some point. Also on this artifact the 10% defense ability that doesn't show up should be fixed please.

However artifact users >can< make use of the buff ability in the meantime to help their teams (the artifact has been avoided for quite a while especially in end game content) as long as they are mindful of the current need to target an enemy.

Thanks very much, and thanks again to everyone who helped with testing,
    Walker
  • Options
    Updating to confirm with today's playstation patch the 10% defense buff that wasn't working has been changed to a 10% damage resist buff (which hopefully works, if you can confirm leave a note).

This is a nice change, it's more widely useful to all classes. Also nice, the fix was mentioned in the patch notes, so thanks for the heads up, appreciated.

Walker