test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help! Mirage Weapon Set is 30%+ Defense Mechanic - Pls remove or reduce damage considerably in PVP !

fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
Im actually sick and by this time so disgusted i don't know how i find the strength and time to type this cause i really hoped that from everybody that complained and agreed , that someone else would put this forward ... but here we go

When the mirage weapon set spawn/proc the copies of the player on a node its very hard in most cases to properly target the player between all the chaos going on , cause also 30-50% or more even if the player is right in front of your attack once your encounter is fired towards the other player the encounter will do a quick left or right snap cast to nearest mirage character instead of the player :( ... so that is basically at least 30%+ defense from damage not hit added to the player and then the damage is stronger than most weapon sets !

When i read the patch note update that the original damage nerf was ... well un-nerfed i had to really dig deep to find calm i mean refering to the chaos on a node with these mirage images running around attacking anything that moves ... think about 5 or more players on the middle node all with mirage weapon sets !!! when i experienced this the first few times i wanted to throw up ... no joke !

its almost impossible to see a player nevermind strike him through the wall of HAMSTER going on....

It should be obvious that this is absolutely ruining pvp and just contributes more to less fair skill based combat

Theres so many things we have to compete with now which is all moving away from what pvp should be skill based player vs player combat

now its mount and pet and weapon set bonusses that is quickly destroying the essence of pvp which we actually love and have invested so much hoping someone would look at it with fresh eyes and motivation to make it as great as PVP can be .. i sound like aa broken record but it has so much potential

I hope someone reads this and it makes sense and that the issue will be addressed and changes made accordingly

CheerZ

Comments

• Options
    treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Totally agree with you. Mirage weapons are completely overpowered in every way. That plus toads hitting ppl for like 400k has got to change if they care about the future of PvP at all.

-Trent the barbarian.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Agree, these weapons are a nuisance and shouldn't have been rebuffed, they should have remained nerfed. Mob spawning items in general tend to get a lot of complaints in PVP, enough for them to have been banned from inhouses in some circles and the tournament that happened a while ago.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    This is disgusting tbh ... you cannot target the enemy player when there are a crowd of adds on the node from the mirage set !

Because with 5 players all equipping mirage set there are a crowd of 20 targets on the node facing you .. impossible to target the enemy .... Like does anyone realise how cancerous this is to pvp - really time to quit this HAMSTER for good find another game where players opinions may count for something , everyone agrees this is NOT RIGHT why hasn't anything been done ??

it defeats and have broken PVP !!!!

cant believe it has come to this ... really
  • Options
    vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    If you think those weapons are what broke pvp you need a really hard look at it before the current combat changes... pvp in neverwinter has always been broken to an extreme. Its never been balanced.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2021

If you think those weapons are what broke pvp you need a really hard look at it before the current combat changes... pvp in neverwinter has always been broken to an extreme. Its never been balanced.

He may sound really hyperbolic here but he has a point, these weapons aren't good for PVP. Obviously they aren't issue #1 but still should be addressed.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    To be honest they have to fix deflect severity so it actually works and mount 3k hits first. Its really annoying to be pretty much a tank and walk up to a node and everyone just throws them out to kill you.
  • Options
    tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User

Im actually sick and by this time so disgusted i don't know how i find the strength and time to type this cause i really hoped that from everybody that complained and agreed , that someone else would put this forward ... but here we go

It should be obvious that this is absolutely ruining pvp and just contributes more to less fair skill based combat

PVP was never balanced, in fact, most of those that have been a part of it simply kept abusing whatever flavor of the month weapons, artifacts whatever equipment necessary to climb the charts. To Me? PVP is trash. When the developers spend their time listening to your incessant rants about the next item that needs a nerf, all I see is someone that's not using the same item for whatever reason, or found a smart enough way to counter it, and only cried because they aren't using it. What's the current saying? Get gud? I don't play pvp and don't wish to start because it's never been balanced for reasons above. If someone uses something like this, guess you need to adapt and stop trying to cry foul repeatedly. You're like the people that cry about a new mod without adapting to the changes and say you'll quit but only return time and again and off no better than when you said you would quit.

Time and time again they've listened to this over and over and over and over and over again. It's because of players like you, and those that abuse items that I have to deal with nerfed tanks, nerfed warlocks, wizards, just about every class overall again and again and again simply because players aren't skilled enough to adapt or actually play with whatever other class they feel wronged them for a mod. Which means longer playtime to do practically anything in this game since queues will not pop from the treatment to tanks, and the fun goes down and dominoes to not spending money on this game and going to greener pastures. You want to know what I'm sick of? Not being able to do content because of the focus that is put into PVP over PVE where most of us spend more money far more than those gloating over a list that is rather pointless. Rankings mean squat for a seven year old game that has bled a player base for half a decade. I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned, PVP should be killed off if they aren't going to bother going the route to either use ONLY PVP specific gear and classes for this and PVP designed only patching to keep each thing separate and not blend. There's really no incentive for the massive headache it causes with complaints. More than enough ways to improve it to simply make it so if you truly wish to see people as you say use their skill, then limit them to rank up only certain enchants, use pvp specific and ONLY specific PVP gear.

Enough is enough, there's been so many of these complaint things for PVP it just needs to be taken down with a rather large wrecking ball to the formula in what you actually can do with it. Give more players a real incentive like special races to unlock for PVE, better rewards that aren't all but trash for the time spent even if you lost, and once again not allowing things from PVE into PVP. Make it all about skill. Forget the nerfs we need buffs for classes, weapons and whatever else because how badly mod 20 and future scaling simply is garbage. I've never seen such bad mob AI for normal content. Why should I fight three mobs to interact with one object? The threat level bar doesn't even work as intended anymore with how much an area will attack a player with aggro without barely taking a foot into it. Leveling content and a majority of post level 60 content works EXACTLY like this.

You don't like seeing a PVE player complain about PVP? Well then stop ruining OUR gametime for us that actually play more than a class and will try many different ways to use our skills to actually play real content, not running around a map to see who dies first on a team.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

PVP was never balanced, in fact, most of those that have been a part of it simply kept abusing whatever flavor of the month weapons, artifacts whatever equipment necessary to climb the charts. To Me? PVP is trash. When the developers spend their time listening to your incessant rants about the next item that needs a nerf, all I see is someone that's not using the same item for whatever reason, or found a smart enough way to counter it, and only cried because they aren't using it. What's the current saying? Get gud? I don't play pvp and don't wish to start because it's never been balanced for reasons above. If someone uses something like this, guess you need to adapt and stop trying to cry foul repeatedly. You're like the people that cry about a new mod without adapting to the changes and say you'll quit but only return time and again and off no better than when you said you would quit.

Time and time again they've listened to this over and over and over and over and over again. It's because of players like you, and those that abuse items that I have to deal with nerfed tanks, nerfed warlocks, wizards, just about every class overall again and again and again simply because players aren't skilled enough to adapt or actually play with whatever other class they feel wronged them for a mod. Which means longer playtime to do practically anything in this game since queues will not pop from the treatment to tanks, and the fun goes down and dominoes to not spending money on this game and going to greener pastures. You want to know what I'm sick of? Not being able to do content because of the focus that is put into PVP over PVE where most of us spend more money far more than those gloating over a list that is rather pointless. Rankings mean squat for a seven year old game that has bled a player base for half a decade. I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned, PVP should be killed off if they aren't going to bother going the route to either use ONLY PVP specific gear and classes for this and PVP designed only patching to keep each thing separate and not blend. There's really no incentive for the massive headache it causes with complaints. More than enough ways to improve it to simply make it so if you truly wish to see people as you say use their skill, then limit them to rank up only certain enchants, use pvp specific and ONLY specific PVP gear.

Enough is enough, there's been so many of these complaint things for PVP it just needs to be taken down with a rather large wrecking ball to the formula in what you actually can do with it. Give more players a real incentive like special races to unlock for PVE, better rewards that aren't all but trash for the time spent even if you lost, and once again not allowing things from PVE into PVP. Make it all about skill. Forget the nerfs we need buffs for classes, weapons and whatever else because how badly mod 20 and future scaling simply is garbage. I've never seen such bad mob AI for normal content. Why should I fight three mobs to interact with one object? The threat level bar doesn't even work as intended anymore with how much an area will attack a player with aggro without barely taking a foot into it. Leveling content and a majority of post level 60 content works EXACTLY like this.

You don't like seeing a PVE player complain about PVP? Well then stop ruining OUR gametime for us that actually play more than a class and will try many different ways to use our skills to actually play real content, not running around a map to see who dies first on a team.
    Wow , your whole essay had one fundamental flaw - You don't PVP and don't want too - OK you should've stopped right there.

IF you don't PVP then stay out PVP discussions !

I never shot down you and the fact that you enjoy PVE ???

PVE , believe me there's alot of stuff that i would wanna change and suggest, BUT its not really where i spend my time.

PVP was never balanced in the past i agree and it sucked BUT its alot closer to balanced than it ever was and the new combat system allows tht, Never before could players and myself enter PVP with a low lvl toon and if built and played correctly because of scaling actually compete.
    So we have a lot of new players and a lot of interest lately cause more only now understand as the word spreads around scaling etc 6which seems like 90% of them didn't know cause it was never possible.

This threads discussion was around what doesnt work in PVP and to have a crowd from the Mirage Set between you and the person attacking you just messes up the essence of pvp.

If they do change the weapons which has the most damage we would suggest just removing the minions spawning but keep the damage or something but the crowds doesn't work in pvp this has nothing to do with your toxic comments which are irrelevant cause you don't even pvp so pls stay out of it as it doesn't affect you.

There are players that only want to pvp and thts their preference and should be respected like they respect you enjoying pve.

Every player in Neverwinter has the same right as you to enjoy the game and whatever content or type of combat they prefer.
    Post edited by fuxion#7775 on
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    @fuxion#7775
    Sooo....Maybe at the beginning you stop exhort for items nerfs which are not intended for you? It would be best for you to fight in a loincloth, fists and stick, since you care so much about justice.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User

Developers spend, and have spent, almost no time listening to any PvP feedback in comparison to PvE feedback. PvE is trivial and mobs don't complain about getting hit by something overpowered in the game type, so unless the game types can be fully separated, PvP balancing should take precedence (and it basically never has). I can't remember a time where a PvP balancing change would render a class unplayable in PvE, in fact for the most part, I have played all PvE content just fine with a PvP specific build. On the flip side, changes to PvE have frequently made classes, items or whatever extremely overpowered or extremely underpowered in PvP. There is no focus put into PvP at the expense of PvE, especially not based on feedback, the most recent exception to this possibly being mod 3 from 7 years ago.

Nerfs, just like buffs, have a purpose, and going with buffs only makes no sense in terms of developer bandwidth. It's far more efficient to just adjust the outlier than nerf/buff everything else.

No, I don't like seeing a PvE player complain about PvP, because more often than not they don't understand it and thus can't provide feedback of any value. I especially don't like seeing a PvE player complain about PvP, when PvE has been getting all the attention ever since perhaps, again, mod 3. Whenever sweeping changes have been made to the game, such as strongholds, they have never been considered from the PvP standpoint and as such ended up having a very negative impact on PvP.

If you have feedback about PvE, which it seems you do, I suggest you go post it in the PvE section.
  • Options
    gweddry said:

Developers spend, and have spent, almost no time listening to any PvP feedback in comparison to PvE feedback. PvE is trivial and mobs don't complain about getting hit by something overpowered in the game type, so unless the game types can be fully separated, PvP balancing should take precedence (and it basically never has). I can't remember a time where a PvP balancing change would render a class unplayable in PvE, in fact for the most part, I have played all PvE content just fine with a PvP specific build. On the flip side, changes to PvE have frequently made classes, items or whatever extremely overpowered or extremely underpowered in PvP. There is no focus put into PvP at the expense of PvE, especially not based on feedback, the most recent exception to this possibly being mod 3 from 7 years ago.

Nerfs, just like buffs, have a purpose, and going with buffs only makes no sense in terms of developer bandwidth. It's far more efficient to just adjust the outlier than nerf/buff everything else.

No, I don't like seeing a PvE player complain about PvP, because more often than not they don't understand it and thus can't provide feedback of any value. I especially don't like seeing a PvE player complain about PvP, when PvE has been getting all the attention ever since perhaps, again, mod 3. Whenever sweeping changes have been made to the game, such as strongholds, they have never been considered from the PvP standpoint and as such ended up having a very negative impact on PvP.

If you have feedback about PvE, which it seems you do, I suggest you go post it in the PvE section.
    Good post thanks - fully supported !

Theres a reason why some players are still sticking around after so many requests to improve NW PVP have been ignored ... its still one of best high-action pvp combat systems out there ... it has so much potential and just with a few fundamental changes everyone that loves this game can breathe a little easier ...the pvp community has not asked for alot , especially lately ... would it not be fair to dedicate just one MOD to fix the few serious issues in pvp ? players have talked about even trying to create a fund to pay for a developer for a month or two to help us ... there are veteran players like trgluesticks , gweddry and xvim134 tht have been here since some of the early mods and if a dev just work with them for a month i know it will be absolutely invaluable....

Many games tht has a good pvp system focus on pvp first cause in most cases if you sort classes and mechanics out in pvp then pve is a breeze ...other way round is normally tricky