test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Alts will be short boons

dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
I just came back from deployment to find there is a new zone. The old Sharandar is gone replaced with a new one. I had Alts that didn't finish the old Sharandar campaign and will be short boons. Is there going to be a fix for this or am I SOL? I didnt bother to look to see if there were other posts about this. I know it's my fault for not completing the campaign I thought I had time guess not.
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
Rogue - Serenity (PS4)

Comments

• Options
    vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    The boons from old sharandar are included into the new sharandar campaign. You aren't going to miss out on them.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "Is there going to be a fix for this or am I SOL?"

It depends. If your alts can get to 40k IL, then they can get the missing boons by doing the mod 20 campaign. Characters missing boons from mod 1 are supposed to get 2 boons in places where the campaign normally gives a single boon point. I don't think it was explained if they would start fdom the beginning or if you say lacked the last 3 boons, you will have progress further in the new content to start getting the double points.

However, if the alts aren't 40k, it may be a lot more resource intensive to get the campaign unlocked. Note that if you can get them over the minimum IL using shared enchants, runestones and pet gear, it will stay unlocked even if their IL then goes back to normal.

IMO the 40k IL is going to be a constant irritant to new players until item level creep gets extreme again.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Halfling boons or dwarvish boons?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Thank you for the help, i have been so out of touch with this game. I have about 5 alts working on the halfling boons if that means elves.
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Mrs. Black ran about 20 or 30 players in groups to Sharandar during the first 2 weeks. During that time, Cryptic said, IL 40K was not required and we also got to keep the 40K within New Sharandar. The woman is a real sweetheart, since she won't blow her own horn, I will. :trollface:

On the weekends, she continues to help other level 80's less than 40K get gear they need. She grinds out the 1225 shirts the Sharandar store sells and gives away them to people who needs them. She is helping them level companions by doing Sybella quests with them, otherwise you all know it would be a real PITA to get to 40K on your own. While all my characters were level 80, they sucked hash on item level. Most of mine are at or below 20K. She got all six of my characters into Sharandar. She knew that door would be locked and people like @dagambit would be out in the cold.

They put item level in charge and made sure you needed to get a mess of companions and mounts up to legendary or beyond. I admit, all my characters here survive off enemy drops, I don't upgrade gear, and I mostly role-play. But this was a real dumb move by Cryptic, it has made module 20 a snooze fest, and my King Thorne at item level 20K is paused waiting for part 2 to begin. The most radical players had part 1 done in only a few days.

Just killing time...
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    For seals you can get purple shirts and pants with bonus and higher item level than this.
    It is enough to have seals,

If someone does not do random queues, there is probably nothing to look for sharandar, because they will not be able to handle it anyway.

It would take several years to improve the companions with tokens received from Sybella.

I completely do not see a reason why players who "playing roles" would necessarily get to sharandar, unless in order to make an artificial crowd.

Right now it's sufficiently difficult to find and maintain instances without BHE spammers.

The only thing I expects from them is that they will not disturb, but it also turns out to be too difficult for most
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    dagambit said:

Thank you for the help, i have been so out of touch with this game. I have about 5 alts working on the halfling boons if that means elves.

I was just covering all the short bases.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.