test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VIP Feedback

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Well another month of Free VIP due to a promotion comes to an end.

I have paid for VIP in the past, got to rank 12 etc, probably opened about 800 lockboxes by now - still no legendary or Mythic mount etc.

This time round I even forgot about the various "Quality of life" items such as travel signpost, access to bank etc.

I have adapted my play style to the non VIP version which means I am very much free to play.

I am left wondering [again] about the value of VIP for a veteran player. And I cant find really any reason to resubscribe to VIP.

Pros

The lockbox daily key is nice, the immunity to injury is nice, the trade bars certainly are good and reduced prices are good.

Cons

The cost of real life money is not worth it for me.

Conclusion

There really needs to be something added to VIP, especially at Rank 12, my only thoughts on this are to double the number of lockbox keys to 2 per day or even just up the chances of getting higher rank enchants, include better companions and mounts at a better drop rate and remove the refinement point stones such as Jedeite etc.

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I use the bank, mailbox, vendor and signpost all the time. It may not matter to you, but it is everything to me. The keys, I only use them when a new lockbox comes out. Could take them or leave them.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    The one that I wanted the most has been the bank. That was the ONLY reason I got VIP 12 on the first day of VIP. My way of operation is built on top of the access of the bank wherever I want and whenever I want. Mailbox, vendor come next. Then, signpost. Other not so obvious perks (such as XP bonus, AD bonus, workshop, invocation) come next. Fast access to Moonstone mask for fast parking, next. ..... lockbox key is one of the lowest feature for me. I have about 900 unused VIP lockbox keys at the moment.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    No auction house posting fee is a incentive as well.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've never paid for vip with cash, always via the zax. Is it worth 750k AD every month? That's subjective, but for me I'd say so as I usually hit the AD refining limit so it represents appx 25% of my earned AD.

The newer lockboxes have made the daily key worth it. I've had 3 account wide mythic mounts in the last 5 months and I average at 50 trade bars per day (1.5k TB per month) plus several hundred mount and companion tokens.

The utility of the signpost, bank portal, mailbox etc are handy utilities that are nice but not super valuable. But if I had to put up with injuries - that would be infuriating.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I think my main point being this "I have adapted my play style to the non VIP version which means I am very much free to play."

I get that some folk may find the QoL stuff essential. I don't - hence its my feedback. And I wonder just how many other players feel the same as me on that specific point?
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I just reactivated my VIP for AH and trading mostly. I don't play enough to use the other stuff, but since I try to flip some stuff for guild vouchers amongst things...
    I got used to not having QoL improvements as well, but it leaves me more reluctant to run content if I even want to.
    - bye bye -