test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defense is too low to be considered reasonable for game!

mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
edited March 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
Ever since the combat rework, I've been playing and saying in my mind, "The defense needs to be raised up by 10% for DPS and tanks need more Power!" If my Erratic Drift Globe doesn't help me once upgraded to Mythic, it's a JOKE!

Level 70 players are getting crushed and basically want to quit this game playing in campaign zones! Level 70 zones are playing like level 80 zones! I just don't understand why my hit-points drop so fast every time I'm fighting by avoiding ranged attacks as much as I can for the most part, especially when I'm level 80 in a level 70 zone?! The gameplay shouldn't play like this! I can't explain everything in detail, but it just doesn't feel right! I can't do any heroic encounters anymore, except only some demonic heroic encounters! It doesn't make any sense! People need to get things done, but not everyone knows how to work around it! The gameplay is somewhat manageable and it feels a bit or way off at times; dungeons and zones. Just I feel like defense is too low and tanks need to hit harder during gameplay.

[Here is my Rogue so far at 34,995 Item Level with 59 boons. I had 90K+ defense before this combat rework and I'm left as still crippled as I progress more through this horrible patch]

The defense needs to be raised up by 10% for DPS and tanks need more Power! I want to see what happens! Because it seems more reasonable to raise it a bit more. Perhaps critical avoidance and awareness is set too low? Honestly something is off, considering that I have major armor reinforcement of awareness and 5/5 awareness boons!

Post edited by mwk on

Comments

• raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    A TR complaining.. interesting... Like a post i read in pally/defense post.. just 'get gud'.. i guess..
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Pally means something else. Want to get intimate? Sharing the relationship of pals : intimate. And get good not get gud. @raziel2004#7353
    Post edited by mwk on
    edited March 2021
    It took will power to get to this point. I survive, but at times getting hit like madness makes it rather ridiculous. Dodging ranged attacks isn't always easy. It just seems a bit off at times, when you get hit like a truck with so many hit points especially in a level 70 zone at level 80.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I've got my rogue to about 33k now - it's not one of my 3 mains but it gets played a fair amount. I've not read any rogue guides recently but I do like to tinker with the build.

I don't stack awareness at all, focusing more on recovery & deflect and I found the feat Master of Shadows to be very useful as I can pop stealth twice as often. With good recovery I can neutralise enemies more often with smoke bomb.

As such I can solo the small heroic encounters in all areas I've tried it (haven't got him to Avernus yet).

With a mixed group of ranged and melee - start combat at the ranged attackers and smoke bomb them - the melee will follow you, so grouping everyone in one spot.
    Post edited by armadeonx on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited March 2021
    I just don't understand why some level 70 enemies hit much harder than level 80 enemies. I do stealth often with the feat and class feature, which helps. I always try to aim behind the enemy, but some enemies will hit like a truck once hit. Mostly in crowds, I used slice easy on heroic encounters. Now some heroic encounters are adjusted that you need more players to defeat enemies easily, because it's nearly impossible. Playing solo with this patch, I'm spending more time defeating enemies on those heroic encounters than before; enemies defense is adjusted too high and hardly doing any damage. Basically some heroic encounters are adjusted not correctly for this module. Typically demonic heroic encounters are set accordingly and the rest are not.

I really need to make a list on which heroic encounters have too much defense on enemies. I really think Cryptic should leave the game alone based on combat rework, so that we won't have any problems. However, fix the problems that they created. Some gameplay in campaign zones and few dungeons are still not set accordingly.
    Post edited by mwk on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    mwk said:

I just don't understand why some level 70 enemies hit much harder than level 80 enemies. I do stealth often with the feat and class feature, which helps.

Then, if you can, you need to report what those "some level 70" are so that dev can fix/tune them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited March 2021
    Prospector Attack (Icewind Pass)-Needs to be adjusted for module. Enemies hit too hard and have too much defense! Really need tons of combat advantage from the behind, also dealing with ranged attacks; it's not easy.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    mwk said:

Prospector Attack (Icewind Pass)-Needs to be adjusted for module. Enemies hit too hard and have too much defense! Really need tons of combat advantage from the behind, also dealing with ranged attacks; it's not easy.

Prospector Attack is a 10+ players HE. Are you saying 10 players cannot finish that?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Ah yeah... don't try soloing anything higher than a 5 man until you are at least 40k lol

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

mwk said:

Prospector Attack is a 10+ players HE. Are you saying 10 players cannot finish that?
    ive finished that BHE with 3 or 4 of us recently [since combat rework anyhow] I guess it depends on scaling/build etc
    Ok noted. Yet, what's ticking me off the most is being overwhelmed sometimes with Nostura...blah blah encounters at River District. It used to be so simple! Now I have to work harder if there is no one around, because I have soloed those ones before. I guess I overthink things sometimes?
    yeah they've really tuned up all HEs across all zones now