test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Does Support Discriminate Against Free-To-Play Players?

It's not right to be promoting NW as F2P when those players can't expect useful support from Perfect World. Why shouldn't I be upset at support for "...offering to replace 3 and will supply no AD for the mistake. You have never made any purchases of Zen..." after I mistakenly exchanged 57 bondings for packs instead of AD? And I know of numerous other players who contacted support with the same issue, only to have exactly and only 3 bondings restored. And F2P players on every platform are facing increasingly long waits to get their VIP benefits through the Zen exchange. Please offer a genuine free-to-play experience to Neverwinter players, or just don't (and stop pretending).

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    You can get everything that is in the game without ever buying zen except a few new sparklies. It takes time and effort.

What obligation do they have to correct your mistake in exchanging stones?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    I have been 99.9% F2P over the past near 8 years.

Support has always been as helpful to me as can be expected. They aren't miracle workers and I can guarantee that the amount of foolishness and abuse they likely receive on a daily basis is ridiculous.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I am 100% F2P since mod 3. If I make mistake, I point the finger to myself. When I started, it took 6 month to get Zen. 3+ month wait in PC is still not (yet) worse than when I started.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    They actually pointed out in their reply that you've never spent real money and that this affects the amount of help you can expect..?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Original post shows 2 out of context sentences that are cut in half. Providing the complete communication would help illuminating the issue and understanding original posters problem better.
    Elite Whaleboy
    wilbur626 said:

Original post shows 2 out of context sentences that are cut in half. Providing the complete communication would help illuminating the issue and understanding original posters problem better.

I agree, although I do believe that Cryptic have a rule saying we are not allowed to post their mail replies on the forum so if he show it, it may get removed.

• sak#3663 sak Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I have spent Zen over the years. I also mistakenly exchanged some bonding runestones for packs instead of AD. After reading this thread I decided to file a ticket and see what happened. I was also told they could replace 3 only. I wasn’t expecting anything. I’m not even sure if the exchange vender is still around. It doesn’t seem to be a FTP or Zen spending policy although it may well have been framed that way for the OP for some reason. I’m not doubting their negative experience.
  • floydhighhopes#8593 floydhighhopes Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    thanks for all the feedback, it's good to hear other player's experiences, being my first request for support, my expectations were higher, and opinions vary whether they handled it well, now I will expect far less

let's compare how they handle a pending request from RangerReek, a popular NW streamer, who mistakenly deleted his Goristro horns and Dark r15 enchant, will he get full support and resolution? or more like...

"we see you haven't bought much Zen lately, here's a wretched cowl and a rank 6, be more careful next time" well let's just hope he gets his stuff back and support lives up to its name
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I think the standard answer for stuff like that in most games I play is
    "Its your oopsie, not ours"
    no matter if paying customer or not.
    I once lost my feytouched. I didn't think I had to contact support over that tho.

So, I will be the HAMSTER in this scenario and say: They shouldn't fix that for anybody, streamer or mortal.
    - bye bye -
  • badhazzbones#2984 badhazzbones Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    You can actuality get items returned for mistakes? I would have never imagined that. When I have refined an item that I didn't mean to, I was mad at myself and didn't even think about asking for it to be replaced.
    I accidentally deleted an artifact a few years back and contacted them. They put it back in my inventory but said in their reply (something to the effect of) 'this is a one-off so don't do it again'.

Needless to say I never did it again lol. Fortunately these days you can put valuable items in protected status.

• rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2021

You can actuality get items returned for mistakes? I would have never imagined that. When I have refined an item that I didn't mean to, I was mad at myself and didn't even think about asking for it to be replaced.

you can, one time i even deleted the wrong character (too many with the same name) and they restored it

And to the op, they won't give you the ad because you got something in return for the bondings (enchants packs), if you had discarded them they would most likely give them back.

• jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I'm what you would call a whale and I turned all my bindings to packs. My mistake not theirs. Alot of people took advantage of bondings. It wasn't for a get rich quick method it was for people who had a few tools with bondings. Obviously it was taken advantage of.

Support is not at my feet and Ive dropped thousands. I got banned with huntgate too I barely did it. They don't really care who you are.
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Since I don't believe this request will be fulfilled, the exchange can be summed up to :
    - Give me back my items or the equivalent AD sum. I would also be fine with the value in Zen.
    - We can only give back 3 of the lot and no AD compensation. You have bought no Zen, so no Zen will be given either.

No sure why this is still being obstinately misconstrued as CS trying to screw over F2P accounts, but it's getting a bit trite.
    Players would could prove they had the items should have had more given back, but it is what it is.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    I guess the moral of the story is dont do important things while intoxicated