test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make Zen Market Companions Account Bound For testing purposes Please

aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
With the current system, where companions bought from the zen store are bound to character is very frustrating for testing purposes!
I currently have a build on the preview server with nearly over 100 companions, and to compare them against each other I need to have the same build for all of them. So when you have only character bound companions available, I cannot transfer them to this specific character to test it.

An alternative solution is just make the zen store available on the preview server with all items costing 0 zen. It would make our lives a lot easier for testing things out!

Comments

• Options
    joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Have you ever thought that perhaps they don't want you testing them all systemically, and that by keeping things ambiguous that it makes them more money.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Im curious to see how this plays out.
    Aragon is easily one of the most active content creators for this game and puts in heaps and heaps of work to help make the game better, by helping players and doing massive amounts of testing.

I hope the people at cryptic take a moment to put some real consideration into this, and make sure to weigh what they could be losing by adding or not adding this feature in the future.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    They just need the pets to be BTA when they hit your bag, same as orange mounts from reclaims.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Zen comps are account-wide now. At least on live.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Zen comps are account-wide now. At least on live.

That's not the big deal. The deal is that when you purchase and claim those companions, they are bound to your character. Which means you cannot copy that companion to the preview server and put it on an older character that you made before claiming this new companion!
    So if they were just bound to Account instead, this could be doable, and make life as a tester much easier.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Copy over a newer version?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    hellguard#4268 hellguard Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    What people need are BTA companions, they become account-wide reclaimable once players upgrade them to legendary rank for example, or just say goodbye to alts, who could imagine a mmorpg without alts?