test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchantments are virtually worthless now

With the new combat system enchantments took a BIG hit in their usefulness, at first glance.
Its actually worse than that.
An r15 grants 200 Item level, 180 combined, and 300 points in stats.
This makes them, at first glance about a third as useful, stat wise as they used to be.
HOWEVER
With the 200 IL, your TIL, which is your stat cap, goes up by...200
The enchantments combined rating is 180.
This goes into all 15 ratings.
So, effectively, the 'goal post' has been moved further away from where you start, than what you gained.
(15 stats, 20 pts each, so 300 points total further away)
You then get the 300 points split between 1, 2, or 3 stats.
Your net gain is zero. You just get to decide where a very small amount of ratings points get moved to.
Your only actual gain is 20pts of damage, (22 as a healer, 24 as DPS) and a 100 hp (110 as a healer, 120 as a Tank)
How is this worth the resources it took to get these enchantments?

Comments

• Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    It would be interesting to see how this affects the sale of wards from the zen store as people figure out that it is just not worth it to upgrade enchantments.
  • Options
    metallicat#2223 metallicat Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I kinda think enchants should have a combined equal to their IL, or no IL.
    I agree they should give a % rather then a rating, but make it a total of .3% per rank, so a 15 is 4.5%, if its a single stat (2.25 on a double, 1.5% on a triple). Really useful, but not game breaking.
  • Options
    vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    i agree my main has all r15s my rogue has a mix of r8 r9 and r10 and tbh i have 0 plans to upgrade them
    same as i have 0 plans to put a mount collar on her and no plans to upgrade either of the collars on my main
  • Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User

I kinda think enchants should have a combined equal to their IL, or no IL.
    I agree they should give a % rather then a rating, but make it a total of .3% per rank, so a 15 is 4.5%, if its a single stat (2.25 on a double, 1.5% on a triple). Really useful, but not game breaking.

I guess one can argue about the percentage increase they should give per rank.
    I have been very very conservative.

OK, so lets see what a mythic companion gives at max bolster. 10% or is it 7.5%?
    In any case, getting a companion to mythic costs about the same amount of AD (maybe a little bit more) than ranking up an enchantment to r15. So the percentage gain should be comparable. I guess your suggestion of 4.5% for a r15 is better in line with other sources of percentage increases. Yeah, I think you are right.
  • Options
    kamehameha069#8658 kamehameha069 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

It would be interesting to see how this affects the sale of wards from the zen store as people figure out that it is just not worth it to upgrade enchantments.

Why waste time upgrading yourself when you can buy R15 Enchantment Packs from the zen store! Just another zen store item nerfed

• Options
    I've started looking at some of the new Sharandar gear. Same deal. I'm guessing the formula for stating out an item didn't change with the new system.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Class balance: everyone sucks the same.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nukaze#1578 nukaze Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    greywynd said:

pally is the worst tho, getting left out of power forte, bs forte on tanks is just stupid on the dev's part, i wanna tell any low level pally to change class but they wouldnt know what im talking about until they're 80
  • Options

greywynd said:

pally is the worst tho, getting left out of power forte, bs forte on tanks is just stupid on the dev's part, i wanna tell any low level pally to change class but they wouldnt know what im talking about until they're 80
    1000% agree. My pali was awesome prior to the change. Now? I cant even play it, its gotten so weak. I think when they were enforcing 'roles' they forgot that not everyone will always be in a party. Things my smite used to smoke in one shot now take 12+ smites to die. Its a 49k toon!
  • Options
    The combat enchant is a HUGE albatross. Slotting a mythic on a 50k toon means a 10% damage buff and some other effect, in exchange for all 15 of your stats dropping TEN PERCENT. Why do they have NO combined at all?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited August 2022

The combat enchant is a HUGE albatross. Slotting a mythic on a 50k toon means a 10% damage buff and some other effect, in exchange for all 15 of your stats dropping TEN PERCENT. Why do they have NO combined at all?

This thread was about the old enchantment system and it is irrelevant to what you complain. Better start another thread.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I have to laugh, because it is his thread, just from a long time ago. ;)

Even funnier, the issue that he just brought up was mentioned almost immediately after the enchants were changed to the new system.