test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold Upgrades

How are you supposed to upgrade your guild strongholds when they still require Fey gifts and the Bashirs orders only give you 1 point each with no other currency to donate? For example our guild needs 104k to upgrade to the next level and you are unable to even use the genies gifts or change your legacy to Sharandar ..

Comments

• rich3671rich3671 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2021

How are you supposed to upgrade your guild strongholds when they still require Fey gifts and the Bashirs orders only give you 1 point each with no other currency to donate? For example our guild needs 104k to upgrade to the next level and you are unable to even use the genies gifts or change your legacy to Sharandar ..

The devs do not care about yours or my or any of our growing strongholds. They only care about putting out content that makes sense to them. Maybe, and this is my "constructive" criticism, they should try to PLAY the game and work on that part to understand just how outdated it is. The guild leaders in my alliance are beyond frustrated at this BLATANT lack of foresight. Promised they would never repeat doing the things they did in Mod 16 and only 4 mods later they turn around and do it again.

Oh, but hey, you can CHARGE YOUR MEMBERS A FEE! Wasn't that nice of them to allow now? I mean, since they're not going to fix it, just let people pay (not sure HOW, since you cannot exchange AD) to have the privilege to be IN a growing guild/alliance. Every day I keep losing faith and respect for the guys and gals that make the decisions on this game's future.

UPDATE! So I just logged in, and guess what folks, there's NO SUPPORT QUEST TODAY! Why? Becuase they REMOVED THE OLD SHARANDAR. Congratulations, you guys are the worst.
  • tanthalaz#3626 tanthalaz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I agree .. its hard enough to get people to donate stuff to the guild who is going to want to "pay" to be there when there are lots of guilds out there.. seems lately it is all about what makes them money and not about the gamers.. everyone i know is severely disappointed in the new Sharandar anyway.. after an hour you have your 100 points what is the point of doing more?
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Wait wait wait. Where did they suggest we can charge members and make them pay!!!???
    Post edited by silente07#2597 on
  • r2d2rogwar#6972 r2d2rogwar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    thanks for this posts folks. I was very worried about the ability to FEY with the new currency. Sadly you've confirmed the nightmare i was expecting! I'm on XBOX and we have a small growing guild. If they have killed FEY donations, we're seriously at a dead stop for new guild house levels.

If i can't level my guild house, then i'll likely be done with the game as lately it's been the only thing i've found interesting to keep me coming back to NW.
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I thought Vallenhas was replacing it. Considering it became Legacy and replaced sharandar for weekly Sybella missions, that would make sense.

The way it is right now it's kinda ruined. I really hope they fix it soon, cause the Stronghold situation was already bad. The more we wait for fixing, we lose more guilds. And those who are still trying to upgrade their guild keep losing members to GH20s cause upgrading guilds get more and more outaded and time consuming.
  • r2d2rogwar#6972 r2d2rogwar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I am thankful for the warning of this to come on XBOX, I did some grinding and have managed to build one structure needed for the next GH level and bank what's needed when i start the GH construction. Now, we're back to grinding out Tyranny items....but nothing new with needing tons of Tyranny.

On another note, i remain hopefully the dev's will address the multitude of issues associated with the new combat system. It really stinks being a 30k+ lvl 80 running content in lower zones and getting swamped with mobs. I'm only there to grind the stuff for the GH
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Last patch has changed it to 1:5. Just letting you all know, cause it wasn't on patch notes :)

Not ideal for me, but much better.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Guilds/Alliances NEED some updates, that is true. There even a few things that the Dev's could add that would help and offset loss off Old Sharandar to rotation for Adventurer's Shards of Power.

The simplest would be to add a vendor that would allow a player to exchange Shards (1:1) from a type you have for ones you need for the guild.
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    (1:1) is much to fair for Cryptic, much more likely is (10:1).
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Have you looked to AH for vouchers or their packs?
    Why not try Dragon Flight event which also have chances to give it too.?

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    It would be nice if the genie gifts could be donated directly to the strong hold coffers for the campaign currencies needed for upgrades.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

They want you to open lock boxes. The new lock boxes drop SH vouchers quite often and I found the last AD lock box (that they just had) dropped them a lot. There really is no other way to get Fey SH vouchers at the moment.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

The simple solution is to upgrade other buildings until the October Sharandar upgrade and you have 3 or more currencies from New Sharandar. The devs should also upgrade the New Sharandar Stronghold currencies to be worth al least 10 coffer points each (They are now level 80, up from the old level 60 5 point currencies.