test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New combat system

wiggy9928#5605 wiggy9928 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Well guys, I have to admit you have outdone yourselves this time! You have totally ruined the game for me after playing for 7 years! I logged on, modified my tank to 850k hit points, 90% def went into a malabogs and got one banged! What the hell have you done?
Post edited by wiggy9928#5605 on

Comments

• Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Interesting..

Game hasn't been out for 10 years for a start.
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    As a pally tank I do find I kill things slower in PVE, but not so bad that I feel like it was right after mod 16, where I wasn't sure I'd still be able to solo everything without dying every 30 seconds or less. Mod 16 was way worse for me.

Right after the update I was at 880k HP 45k IL. Now, after doing some fumbling, and upgrading all my comps(100% bolster) and all epic collars equipped, I'm at 50k IL, and 934k HP. Still have more dialing in to do, but I don't feel(for me at any rate) like it's unplayable. Do I agree with the changes, no, I had most of my stats, at or just a little over cap before the up date. Now I can't even get to cap on 1 stat, let alone the 3 I need most, plus maxing HP.
  • Options
    drune#7799 drune Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Yup. As a member of the community that started playing on my daughters XBOX who has real $ to spend, I was deflated with the new Mod. I am an old D&D player who enjoyed this game for the expectations of a D&D world digital experience, but I think I'm going to go play Gears 5. The developers have fail to recognize the need for customer discovery and retention. While I agree the need to make the game competitive, older people have a limited amount of patience for wasting valuable time. The valuation prop that some business affiliates presented is way off the mark. In reference to the comments about using $ to advance in the game, your pricing on your digital IP is a bit steep. Go back to those business affiliates and figure out their motivation for their value prop and I bet it isn't excitement for understanding the culture. It most likely is focused on dollar signs dancing in their heads.
  • Options
    burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    What are you even talking about? These new changes are awesome and the game is the best it has been in a very long time. Are there some flaws? Yes. But I am overall very happy with these changes. I think people just don't understand the new system. For one thing we did not lose anything or any damage lol. We were actually made stronger and given the ability to get even stronger. They did not nerf us. What they did was buff the enemies. Now I guess you could say what's the difference but there is a huge difference. Enemies before the update were a joke in 99% of the game with the exception of ToMM and Zariel, both of which I have yet to complete even before the update.
    After the update I made zero changes or upgrades and went around the adventure zones on multiple classes and they are far from BiS before the update. What I found was that the game was fun again like it used to be back in Mod 9. I've tried adventuring with characters that range from 50k to 22k and they all were able to do the same questing as before but now it is way more fun.
    To be fair I have yet to run a dungeon because I've been too busy and there are a million things to do in the game right now plus IRL stuff to do that takes my time. Not to mention using @rainer#8575 excellent character builder. Cryptic really should give Rainer some money and put him on the payroll. Rainer is the MVP of Neverwinter!
    I personally can't even make sense of why anyone is dying, unless it's in a dungeon which I can't give an opinion on yet because of not getting the chance to run one yet. My only guess is that people are so used to standing in the red and just taking the damage that they don't understand "RED IS BAD". Red doesn't mean "STOP" and stand still, it means "GO" move now lol.
    I was able to solo Rage of Bel with my Fighter after the changes without making any upgrades at all and it went better than before the update. I also tried some of my worst characters on purpose just to see what all the complaints are about and they were all fine.
    I was worried before the update that all my alts would be useless but that's not the case. I took them through Sharandar and Dread Ring with no problem at all. I've run around the stronghold with bank toons in my bank guild that does not have good high level boons and was able to do Heroics no problem. All you have to do is move out of the red and you will be just fine.
    I've been playing for 6-7 years and I have to say that the game is now more fun than it's been since mod 13. No worries did a good job with this combat rework as did the rest of the devs. I wish it was perfect and that the bugs were ironed out ahead of time but I'm sure in a short amount of time things will be fixed.
    For now though the game is fun when adventuring and it is 100% doable solo on even the worst of character builds.
    One piece of advise would be to get as many stats to 50% first and then worry about which stats to raise above the cap. I think that's what people don't understand that we were capped at 50% before the update but now we can go all the way up to 90%. We have actually gained room to grow our characters and make them stronger than before. Let go of your old way of thinking and embrace the new system.
  • Options
    burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User

buy cheap potions with all the useless gold we have.

Please send me all of your useless gold lol. The price of gold has gone up by 400% since the update.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2021

I personally can't even make sense of why anyone is dying,

The biggest reasons (on PC): (a) some did not understand CA and (b) some did not understand that a group has to work together. I assume it is the same on xbox.

See here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1259796/a-simplified-10-point-survival-guide-for-the-combat-changes
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    penybontpenybont Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    New combat system has ruined the game for me. Could do protect the portal no issues before change now I get my HAMSTER kicked and have come close to dying. What is the bloody point making enemies stronger and making you weaker.
  • Options
    However, for those that solo 99% of the game, this really sucks huge. Yes my pally tank can still solo averything, but he can't do it with the same speed as he could before the rework. That means the devs lied when they said if we could do it before, we could still do it after the rework. Give me a break, my 40k IL rogue, without doing anything to him at all kills things way faster than my 51k tank. And that is accounting for the fact that the rogue has only 46xx damage in my stats page. My tank says 5100. That's not right, my tank at 5100 damage should kill things as fast, or faster than my rogue at 46xx damage.

My wizard and my warlock can no longer one shot enemies in older content like they could before either.

I do agree that there are too many people in random groups that refuse to run the mechanics of certain dungeons/trials, but I don't see that ever changing...
    adinosii said:

I personally can't even make sense of why anyone is dying,

The biggest reasons (on PC): (a) some did not understand CA and (b) some did not understand that a group has to work together. I assume it is the same on xbox.

See here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1259796/a-simplified-10-point-survival-guide-for-the-combat-changes
  • Options
    jesse221992jesse221992 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Well guys, I have to admit you have outdone yourselves this time! You have totally ruined the game for me after playing for 7 years! I logged on, modified my tank to 850k hit points, 90% def went into a malabogs and got one banged! What the hell have you done?

Every class is ruined.. i kept my classes on the game but uninstalled that waste of space shortly after they ruined it with mod 16.. they dont listen ... the developers are ignorant . community managers are not far behind.. tos means nothing to them when feedback clearly means lets ruin the game more .

• Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I liked the changes for a while .
    Until I have had a few runs in MPF and the dwarf dungeon . I’ve had some success in these with a full group of people that know what they’re doing . But let me tell you , if you have 1 or 2 newer or weaker players , good luck !!! I’m a 44k RW , and I never seen minions smack me as hard as that . Lomm is easy for myself , yet these two dungeons just plain crush people . There is a lot of broken parts now in NW .
    Too call people stupid and to get good is immature and unhelpful.
    This whole new stat system is a total joke . I have spent hours fine tuning my character and I’ve come to the conclusion that raising item level is a good way to lower percentages . People all over the sword coast can’t comprehend it , including myself .
    Is it better to have percentages closer to cap ? Or too have higher IL ? Cause every time I raise item level I drop percentages. Sure my damage ( if you call it that ) goes up as well as my HP but is this better ? Hell I have no idea ?
    What the hell is critical chance ? New version of critical strike ? Than make one name for it , geez
    Also , my pally iirc , her forte gives her divinity regen , where do I see this stat ? What is my divinity regen level originally ? How else can I improve this ?
    All my alts can do most ( haven’t tested everything ) content , but definitely takes longer on most toons , way longer on some . So if a newer player is struggling , I can honestly say , it’s the truth.
  • Options
    Random qs totally suck now. Can't get gold on Demo, Lomm is a wipe almost everytime. CODG now takes 20min, if the group completes. 1 wipe, and everyone leaves. Same for T9, now takes 45min instead of 20 or less. Vanilla cragmire takes 20 min for garbage rewards. My pally tank can't kill things as fast as my dps toons, and he has higher damage stat than they do. Pally healer does marginally better, but still can't one shot things I could one shot before rework.
  • Options
    juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    And here's a good one-- Need for Mead in Icewind Dale-- the one where you can get the yeti treat. I have run this with most of my characters now and I can get through it, but so much harder. There used to be guards that came out and helped. I had not seen them lately, so today I stayed where they usually appear. Sure enough, one came out and died within 20 seconds. Pretty brutal when the people they put in there to "help" you can't even get a hit on the mobs.

Really. Since the combat changes I have gone in and redone my characters like some have suggested. Tried tweaks and bought some new artifacts, etc. etc. I am using a companion now that helps, but they are constantly attracting an even bigger mob. I used to be able to keep it down to a single group and now half the map is attacking me. And, for what? Treasure has not changed. So, the incentive to face that kind of constant and grueling combat is just not there. Are we having fun yet?

I am trying because I have really loved the game. It is beautiful and things like fishing on the sea of moving ice can actually be relaxing. But these latest changes seem to be aimed at taking the fun out of the game. It certainly leaves little room for role-playing or problem solving, two of the wonderful parts of most adventure games. (How many people running rogues get to EVER disarm traps?) I will try a little longer, but I am NOT liking the way things are.

And, yes, all the queues are horrible now. Throne of Dwarven Gods is a nightmare. nobody wants to do a second round in Mad Mage's Lair (IF they make it through one round at all), Tiamat is fine if you kill the dragons first time around while there are no clerics. If you have to guard the clerics, forget it. Etc., etc., etc. I hope someone is reading this, Cryptic.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Anyone notice that it's mostly tanks that are giving the negative feedback?

My dps characters are doing fine with the changes, actually better on two of them. My two tank characters though are having a worse time with lower defence and offence capability.

The RQ system has increased flagging of tanks as the class with the bonus meaning less people are running their tanks.

This NEEDS to be looked at instead of the constant ridicule I see on these forums.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @armadeonx said:
    > Anyone notice that it's mostly tanks that are giving the negative feedback?
    >
    > My dps characters are doing fine with the changes, actually better on two of them. My two tank characters though are having a worse time with lower defence and offence capability.
    >
    > The RQ system has increased flagging of tanks as the class with the bonus meaning less people are running their tanks.
    >
    > This NEEDS to be looked at instead of the constant ridicule I see on these forums.

Ya you can't solo anything as a tank lol. It would take an eternity. Definetly need to turn down tr and hr pvp survivability though thats my only real gripe
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2021

> @armadeonx said:

>

> My dps characters are doing fine with the changes, actually better on two of them. My two tank characters though are having a worse time with lower defence and offence capability.

>

> The RQ system has increased flagging of tanks as the class with the bonus meaning less people are running their tanks.

>

> This NEEDS to be looked at instead of the constant ridicule I see on these forums.

Ya you can't solo anything as a tank lol. It would take an eternity. Definetly need to turn down tr and hr pvp survivability though thats my only real gripe

Ah I wouldn't know about pvp these days, I haven't pvp'd since they brought in wards & drains several years ago. Used to love it...
    Post edited by armadeonx on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    feliselafelisela Member Posts: 3 Arc User

> @armadeonx said:

>

>

>

Ya you can't solo anything as a tank lol. It would take an eternity. Definitely need to turn down tr and hr pvp survivability though thats my only real gripe

My only decently geared character is a dps. My main dps character is running around fine. However, I have been playing with a couple of friends who were trying out the game. I am leveling both a dps and a paladin tank with them. Leveling a tank solo is a horrible experience right now versus a dps.

The other thing that needs to get mentioned is new players are also having a pretty rough time even leveling. My buddies are pretty frustrated because they have like two companions and a couple of cheapie mounts. I do think that leveling content (ie through Undermountain) needs some serious fixing to be better suited for new players.

• Options
    penybontpenybont Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Anyone notice that it's mostly tanks that are giving the negative feedback?

My dps characters are doing fine with the changes, actually better on two of them. My two tank characters though are having a worse time with lower defence and offence capability.

The RQ system has increased flagging of tanks as the class with the bonus meaning less people are running their tanks.

This NEEDS to be looked at instead of the constant ridicule I see on these forums.

I am not a tank. I am a control wizard dps. This latest update has ruined the game for me I do the weekly astral diamonds quests but now thanks to this update I can only do two the others take so long and I have died at least once because of this HAMSTER update.

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Definitly Yes... This game is broken.

Y just lost 50-60% of my dmg aftermath rework (even with huge buffs on the magnitudes of my skills -justicar pally-)

This mod is a perfect example that these guys are brainless when why will change something.

First of all, all people got a few thousands of ILvl... but YEAAAAH, the minimum ILvl for dungeons is the same.

Conclusion???.... There always 2-4 people in dungeons with exactly 20-22k that they literally are useless. IMPOSSIBLE to end epic or trials as

Then, u change this game to a hard P2W (Even P2P).... HOW??

It's simple... The ratings from our gear only give us 50% (capped for our ILvl).. What happened?.... There are some viable method to get mounts and companions and upgrading them to mithic and equip?

The answer is NO!!

The drop rate it's ridiculous, and even if u have someone, u need to upgrade him...

Again... There are some viable method to get tokens?? ...... NO!!

Well... someone could say: "u can buy them with astrals" .... YEAH!!.... all there are pretty expensive since these genius give 2.5M/Bonding.

So, u can't reach ADs cause dungeons are impossible atm. U can't buy nothing cause all are fuc*** expensive.

U can't farm ntihign cause the ridiculous drop rate or just, there are no ways to get it playing the game (ex- mount tokens).

SO.... u want to get that 40% ratings from "other sources"??? Arc games gives u the solution ---> $$$$$$

GGWP guys.... This games was nice until this MOD.

It actually sounds like the latest mod actually made mod 16 good and I left before mod 17.