test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is a strong class that's fast to level up?

What the title says. I'm coming back to the game. I'm looking for a dps class. Also, I don't have the funds for the endgame companions, mounts, enchants, etc. It would be much appreciated that information on these is good for leveling (mostly the free stuff/easy to acquire) along with the class suggestions. I'm guessing mount doesn't matter much while leveling. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Options
    sharpfangjr#5006 sharpfangjr Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I would to add that I'm looking for a build/guide as well. I know there isn't much to choose in the early game.
  • Options
    xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Getting to endgame is going to take alot of time if you don't spend real money, any DPS class is about equally quick to be honest, your real time gate is going to be the 100k rough ad you can refine daily per account.

Your best way to speed that up is to find a way to farm ad that works for you.
    Some ways that you may want to try out would be.
    Rank 5 enchanting stones from phantasmal fortress.
    Mastercraft mats from explorer charts.
    Gold to sell as gold bars from work shop.
    Farming black ice wedges from dwarven valley.
  • Options
    datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    get cleric-arbiter. you can dodge and he is very aoe oriented :)
  • Options
    erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I would advise a class that can get Combat Advantage pretty easily. Everyone can get it with the help of the companion, but if class itself can grant it without any problem it would be good to speed up doing damage.

Early on Rogue has easiest way to get it through Stealth mechanic. Stealth also grant some invisibility so it might come in handy.

Wizard get it on specific path (arcanist) and pretty late too through feat. Even then chance to activate it is dependant on your encounter powers crits.

Those two classes have only DPS builds, so you are forced to run as dps with them.

There is Warlock, which at this moment seems to be the most versitile class in the game. It has dps path and within that path got class feature that can grant combat advantage easily and pretty consistently, not to mention encounter power that can heal you which helps too. Can also play as healer with either Heal over Time or Shields. Gameplay itself also looks good thanks to low cooldown for most skills and pretty good magnitudes.

As for other classes I can't really tell much. IMO you should try to play class that has more than one possible role. Be it DPS/Tank or DPS/Heal. Way easier to get into queues and get some extra bonuses thanks to that.
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Create a Rogue and be happy.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    +1 for rogue. I have one of all classes and the rogue is easiest in the early stages and once geared can be very effective.

For specific builds, try the class section on this forum to check in with other rogues.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    i agree just built a rogue and its way fun however with rogue i do miss marauders rush from ranger
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

i agree just built a rogue and its way fun however with rogue i do miss marauders rush from ranger

Yes, in a matter of gameplay the Ranger Warden is better for playing, spam of encounter and daily powers while most classes are boring At-Will.
  • Options
    hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Ranger Warden or Rogue Assassin are the most effective and 'fun' to play characters, imho. The Warden gives you the option to act as a hunter/archer at range, but is designed to be melee and quick by design. Rogue depends on stealth and Smoke Bomb to blind enemies during battle. Both are descent for AoE.

As for economics, as was stated above, there are opportunities to sell items made in workshop or gathered with Scroll Cases (if you don't want to use the resources to make other items to sell). Both Summer and Winter Festivals are great sources of free companions and most events have a 'free' mount for time in event (current Lantern event requires the petting of 75 dogs which takes a while...). Siege of Neverwinter offers a decent Griffon mount with Wanderers Fortune for gems while you fight.

In general, if you are willing to commit to playing the game a few years, it will give you everything you need to have fun. Patience is the key as well as a willingness to diversify your activity to avoid tedium.

One caveat, Sybilla Legacy quests (available at level 80) take about 5 years to earn enough tokens to upgrade 5 companions the last two levels.

Welcome back, and have fun!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    They all take about the same amount of time to level up.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    before the combat changes- i find the rogues for me the most entertaining to level up. you can have 3 aoe encounters slotted which makes fighting mobs easy.
  • Options
    sharpfangjr#5006 sharpfangjr Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    It seems majority goes to rogue with a couple mentions for ranger, wizard, and warlock. I'll read up on those classes. I've read somewhere that warlock is in a bad place. Is that still true?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    They are so long as they keep making pacts with dark powers.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

It seems majority goes to rogue with a couple mentions for ranger, wizard, and warlock. I'll read up on those classes. I've read somewhere that warlock is in a bad place. Is that still true?

I would avoid the Wizard - until you get nicely geared and really learn the class, it is very squishy.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox