test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blessed Land + Sharandar + Xuna Threat (Hurls PC out window)

ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
Yay another bug that makes me want to pull my hair out.

Somewhere amongst Blessed Land proc'n, using a Xuna and trying to do quests specifically in Sharandar, causes the single most annoying bug yet.
Whilst Sharandar is going bye bye I have had this occur elsewhere, just nowhere near as much as in Sharandar campaign zones.

1. Equip boots "Earthtreaders"
2. Summon a Xuna as main
3. Hit things and attempt to collect quest items in Sharandar.

What is happening is a combo of Xuna threat range being out of control ("I see a mob 5 miles away", procs threat and then combat). Threat range is a bug in itself that has been noted here and elsewhere.
Between me attacking normally and Xuna extreme threat range causes "Blessed Land" on the boots to proc in an infinite loop, literally the ground will be spammed with Blessed Land, this in itself wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for that fact that it causes a threat lock meaning you can not interact with anything, including the quest item pick up/interactions. This can occur continously when there is no visible enemy presence.

The odd thing is, which is why I'm saying somewhere in the combo of the three, even if I swap out Xuna and remove boots, the threat loops still occur. Basically everythings broken and I'm tired of it. I just want to complete my campaigns

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Why did you use Xuna and that boot to enter the zone to begin with? You know what they can do. I always avoid unnecessary mob such as waited for the patrol mob left before engaging to what I wanted and did that as quick as possible. The same can happen to other zone except Sharander's redcap is the most annoying.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Why? Because I expect it to work. Unfortunately the means to see if it's fixed, usually means finding out for yourself. I also always avoid unnecessary mobs, that's irrelevant here as that's exactly part of the issue, whether there's mobs to avoid or not.
  • Options
    hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    I feel you pain. But, I also think of you doing this and suddenly the Quickling event starts and you get not 2 or 4, but perhaps 8 quicklings/Runners attracted by the boots and Xuna and it is "Good Night Charlie" unless you have a really good AoE. It is funny, annoying and sad all at once. It is a Sharandar we will always remember ...
  • Options
    Pretty certain chicken can cause this effect in Sharandar also. We tested in a party without boots/Xuna, what an absolute ball busting experience. Honestly, staying at a loss for words versus what I want to really say is better for everyone.
  • Options
    rlesley74#1471 rlesley74 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    It’s a aggrieved issue plain and simple, since rework mobs have way too much of an aggro radius. And they follow you forever and when you stop to kill they BLAMMO you then turn invincible and run back to their spawn area. What’s up with that
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    ukspawn said:

"Blessed Land" on the boots to proc in an infinite loop, literally the ground will be spammed with Blessed Land, this in itself wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for that fact that it causes a threat lock meaning you can not interact with anything,

this is a very old bug with those boots.. from when Omu was released

I think
    you will find can happen with a few companions
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits