test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free to play limitations

doooo deee dooo oh hello there yes me again been out killing things figured out some more stull. Lots of fun killing dragons and all love the little red draconic enchantments rank 3 ;) not sure where to find "utility one yet but I digress.. so whats the level cap for free to play? Looked about for a bit every things like wwoooo tell level cap bla bla bla anywho Like I said I been killing dragons you got some time on your hands sitting there waiting I really hate waiting but anyways lots of super cool pay to players show up with maxed out 80 Level toon. You real got to run fast in neverdead or poof the poor green son of a female dog is dead by the time you run out there to get a swing. clearly those people spend a great deal of money on the game. soooo whats a level cap for the play for free and lose like my poor donkey horse hybrid?

Ona different topic free to play and lose I read here some place in a thread people commenting how many toons they have I personally am limited to 2 it that play for play free thing? Does one have to pay to "unlock" another toon like the back slots?

it is weird that I have to go to second and third person site for out dated information one would thing your people would oh say cover that here to insure we the players and some customers not me I'm just poor boy I need no sympathy Because I'm Easy come, easy go Little high, little low Anyway the wind blows Doesn't really matter to me To me. oh sorry would not help my self anyway some of you here are very nice and a couple have been very helpful I finally fixed the chat thing not really sure how but it stared working after hours of running around lower levels to insure evey single one was done anyways I got to go off and wonder about and well maybe kill a few dragons I made level 55 last night I have to do die live die live again to upgrade my free to play gear you buy in the entry bonfire areas I ran about killing in Icespire peak found a sweet spot to farm with my low grade bovine dropping gear. enchanted them well all but the hat gloves and boot bla bla bla today killing things in The Chasm! good time anyways good luck it your killing and searching the body's I am of to do murderhobo with my drow assassin Xelphen oh she's a dark and lovely killer.

If you going to watch a toon for hours on end make them awesome! zooo zooom poof.......

Comments

• Options
    xxsuperheroxx#8731 xxsuperheroxx Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    180 characters =/ 180? huh interesting you have 180 characters right now max'ed out level and full on purple gear huh ok.... anywho thank you for responding...
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

While I cannot speak for @tgwolf I could see someone with a combined total of 180 characters across XB1 & PC. I only have 8 characters on my one PC account, I too have been here since alpha and skipped beta testing. What irks me about the game is not pay to win. They sell campaign completion tokens, which is more like "pay not to play". I guess nobody looks at this "feature" as I do. What are they actually telling us, "Our game is so bad, you need to pay us not to play the content at all cost."? Some players will say this is a convenience to prevent having to run the same content more than once. Then why not just make it an option? Once one character completes it, an autocomplete button appears on all the other character's menu.

As I stated, I have 8 characters, only one required the Elemental Evil token, because she got caught in Cryptic's 2018 bug. They never corrected the bug and anyone who got caught by it, had to buy a token, or just forget about completing Elemental Evil. Other than this, all of my characters complete their campaigns, get free gear, seal gear, or buy it in the AH.

How did I get 6 character slots without spending money? Early on in the game the wait for Zen was a lot longer, I recall I waited 6 months. I placed my order at cap and waited. When it came in, I purchased the 6 slots and had enough to buy some shared bank slots. My advice is to toss 2 million AD at the Zax and wait. If you have the funds and lack patience, just buy the zen on the webpage. I never bother with VIP, playing the Zax, or spending money on Zen, I gave Cryptic money once in 2012 for beta Foundry on Star Trek.

Have a nice day! :heart:

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,221 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I have played since mod 3. I play 6 main characters. All 6 completed every campaigns. Another 22 as slaves or storage. I have not paid one cent. It all started with a challenge to myself to see if this game can truly free 2 play. It is not a challenge to the game to see if it can do it but a challenge to myself to see if I can do it. I have VIP since the introduction of VIP years ago and never stop having it. It needs good in game 'financial planning' though. When I started playing, it took over 6 months to convert AD to Zen. I planned accordingly as if I always would need at least 6 months. I only buy stuff with discount/sales.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dooo deee doo oh hello oh thank you for responding it appears you've all been playing for some time I am working on my second week a lot to take in to the point of being very daunting and just feeling it weather I should invest time in the game I mean getting to level 80 for free would be nice. Still learning from my past all those years playing world of warcraft 100th level toons my horde crew of 6 miss my troll still. playing this and comparing them I miss fling and my hunters where bad bad little ladies. it's nice here as I still get to play even if I come on hard times like now were as before due to a couple expansions i could not play before going out and buying a 900 dollars tower. bla bla bla 3 guilds I lost the bums took over and kicked me out all those bank slots all the trease doohhh anyway. I got to help play with a cool player just now we killed them all and took the treasure really miss skinning every thing but I am sick like that. so I only see 2 slots for toons hence asking and I really would like to know if I can level to 80 with out having to play. but I guess I am happy just murderhoboing leveling my gear and crafting HAMSTER in the workshop. got to go shove snow for a bit but like a bad penny I'll be back...... thats what he said before he came back and we all know how that turned out huh? =P zooom zooom poof
  • Options
    edited February 2021

I really would like to know if I can level to 80 with out having to play.

I have at least 10 characters be leveled to level 80 without killing anything after they learned how to do invocation in level 10. It takes time but they did not 'play' and I did not mean to play them anyway.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    You can level to 80 just by invoking 5x a day . Get in guild with xp boost and just invoke . Than when level 80 get some cheap , real cheap level 80 gear off of AH , you should have AD , run a daily dungeon , and skirmish for Rough Astral Diamonds . You can convert up to 100k RAD to AD per day .
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    My husband has an account he keeps deleting characters for his testing purposes. These are used as a hobby and not serious gaming at all. I have seen him level characters fast, without money or special items.

He says, the part that is the hardest, you run into at level 40 to 59 the progress slows down greatly. Leveling dungeons gain the most XP but from what I am told, the recent changes now require the party to have first hand knowledge to survive them. At this point, my husband and I recommend invoking to 60. At level 60 start Elemental Evil, it can be completed in just a day or two. At level 70, start Undermountain it will take one day to reach 80. He said most reach 80 by the forest level.

If you are still having survival issues, look for others and team up.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    To answer your original question, no FTP has no limitations on what level you can be or on what content you can play. FTP just means it may take a little longer.
  • Options
    xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Just play the game for the sake of playing it. There are enough campaigns to keep a player busy for over a year doing dalies and grinding boons.

I would not put any focus on trying to get your character to maxed BIS, end game ready. The end game here is actually quite bad, mostly everything up until then is pretty fun though.
  • Options
    testing 1,2,3.... testing 1,2,3... testing 1,2,3... Is this working again or am I still in message board jail?

huh invoking yes now there is some thing for free I do 5 or is it 6 times a day! I do it tell they stop letting me I am of thought it's 6 times a day. as far as toon's I broke down and made a ranger thats all you get for free to play now you have to buy another toon slot.

Right now my drow assassin in level 59 been out murderhoboing I am on Pirates skyhold but I was not getting past the first quest. So I jumped over to Ice spire peak maxed my gear then jumped to Roth'e valley maxed my gear there removing my dragon enchantments and reinstalling them in my next level gear cost is a bit high so I been out killing dragons for more red level 3 enchantments I got a real nice selfy of me and my cannon fodder Medic with Merothrox landing behind. one poor fighter standing in from of him in defiance. I Like what xenocide (nice name;)) I am just having fun just looking for answers with out getting banned I really should read the terms of use but have you seen how long that is how in their right mind reads that? click accept and your off and running well tell tell well not let you post any more =P thank you all for responding I got my chat working and now know more about how to find help for the big meanys. zooom zooom poof!
  • Options
    cren#3175 cren Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    i have been here a bit over 3 years now & yes i VIP (most 4 QOL not keys ) but anyway i have 9 toons on 2 accts & all are lvl 80 playable that not to say i run all of them i prefer my CW ( that imo devs hate & are trying their best to kill off that class) and my DC. what i want to know is how can anyone call a ever evolveing game P2W there is no win just they next path go down it or stop play
    thank you & happy day to all
  • Options
    humm so you want a end boss to defeat hence winning the game like the zombie witch we see when we make a new character. we never get to kill her. Is that what your point?

We do get small victory's in each zone the end dungeon with the horde of mobs and a boss in which it is really hard to solo as they spawn and regenerate but in three years you have not gotten to the witch zombie. I think there is going to be another expansion coming out Neverwinter: Infernal Descent is that it? level 80-90?

They have to keep putting out content or people just move on. But I do see your point we should be able to in the end kill the boss that started the war. then like in the lord of the rings. Sauron after his master's defeat by the Valar, Sauron became the second Dark Lord. There is always going to be evil in the world so there should be a defining victory for each of the expansion.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

humm so you want a end boss to defeat hence winning the game like the zombie witch we see when we make a new character. we never get to kill her. Is that what your point?

We do get small victory's in each zone the end dungeon with the horde of mobs and a boss in which it is really hard to solo as they spawn and regenerate but in three years you have not gotten to the witch zombie. I think there is going to be another expansion coming out Neverwinter: Infernal Descent is that it? level 80-90?

They have to keep putting out content or people just move on. But I do see your point we should be able to in the end kill the boss that started the war. then like in the lord of the rings. Sauron after his master's defeat by the Valar, Sauron became the second Dark Lord. There is always going to be evil in the world so there should be a defining victory for each of the expansion.

Different person has different view of the "win". The bar is set by oneself. It can be:
    - finish all the campaigns
    - finish all the dungeon
    - finish all the dungeon in solo
    - finish dungeon in N minutes
    - beat up everyone in PVP
    - highest paingiver score
    - get all the achievement
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User

whats the level cap for free to play? how many toons they have I personally am limited to 2 it that play for play free thing? Does one have to pay to "unlock" another toon like the back slots?

Hey, as a free-to-player who has never spent a cent on the game I can answer these! Currently max level is 80 for everyone, paid or not. You also can participate in every campaign / dungeon without having to spend any money.

Toon count for free to play accounts is two. If you want more (and if you want the "special" races), you'll need to pay. I suggest participating in every special event you can as it's in those that you can easily get new pets, companions and most importantly... bags! Lol :P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    Awesome just just what I wanted to know I get to rise to 80th level been watching youtube =P sad I can not find arc content that answers questions bad arc good you tube content makers! a lady names Silver who appears to make a great deal of neverwinter videos made of 20 things for new players and I am new soooo it was very helpful as you people have been to giving credit where it's do. Bags are a issue we use to make them our selves or could literally just LTF x bags. then meet up with them in Org. good times as I have a toon that made them gold poured in! Oh well not in that world at the moment=(. Mimics are the monster chests that puke treasure after you kill them right? anyways huh I got to have a signature to something super cool in a deadpool style.... I'll give it some thought Thank you for responding and the useful information. I have to research guilds need to find a English speaking one with enough members who are zealots. of to do murder-hobo zooom zooom pooof.....
  • Options
    oh that was nice light and fluffy snow It does not get any easier then that. anyways huh invoking yes now there is some thing for free I do it tell they stop letting me I am of thought it's 6 times a day. you get the same as if your didn't play I thought it might give a rated pay out but no it's all the same. as far as toons I am going to max this one out first then work on a second I think a ranger that's the closest I well get to my hunter most likely a drow the closest thing I'll get to a horde toon. I am going to check out the AH next I was really good at the one on world of warcraft. the garrison was pretty cool but I digress I do that a lot...Thank you for letting know I can level to 80th. I'll be back like a bad penny..=P zoom zoom pooof......
  • Options
    oh that was nice light and fluffy snow It does not get any easier then that. anyways huh invoking yes now there is some thing for free I do it tell they stop letting me I am of thought it's 6 times a day. you get the same as if your didn't play I thought it might give a rated pay out but no it's all the same. as far as toons I am going to max this one out first then work on a second I think a ranger that's the closest I well get to my hunter most likely a drow the closest thing I'll get to a horde toon. I am going to check out the AH next I was really good at the one on world of warcraft. the garrison was pretty cool but I digress I do that a lot...Thank you for letting know I can level to 80th Just leveled my gear to roth'e valley enchanted all but the utility socked gear have yet to find where to get those the dragons drop the ones I have so far I am off to kill dead pirates now. Just popped out to chat here and look up a really cool name for my next toon still have yet to find it thought can't say here what it is because it's super cool norse mythos =) zoom zooom pooof......
  • Options
    1. For this game, people has been saying the process of reaching level 80 is the tutorial. After level 80, it is the game begins. Whatever you spend before level 80 (except service items such as bag, bank slots, etc), most likely, it is a waste.

2. However, the process of reaching level 80 could be the best experience of this game. Of course, when one has done the process N times, one would want to skip it. If you have not experienced that, I recommend you go through it for the experience at least once.

3. When we are talking about XP gain from invocation, the 6th invocation of the day has a lot more XP than the first invocation of the day.