test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Chat -- A bazaar for dungeoneers for finding groups and fellow adventurers

I would like to imagine that going on a dungeon run was easy, not only because it's a que but there's plenty seeking to run dungeons all around NW - but - it isn't! Not always, not 24/7 and not plenty enough! What do I mean? Well, for one thing looking for fellow dungeoneers depends on everyone queuing, having a balanced mix of tanks/healers and finding fellow players who are gathering at the same que - either that or being in the same zone when LFM comes up - where you could decide that it'd be cool to get into that party, maybe felt that was a dungeon you should do more often and volunteer or even prompts you into making an LFM yourself - but what if you were elsewhere - where you didn't get the LFM- what then..

Well there was an attempt by someone to create a server wide chat called /assemble - this was played nicely and did work when it did and was a good idea - except it didn't really take off - and only a small number of people use it frequently. In short it hasn't been popularized enough. But the idea is solid..

I had one too recently, a zone wide chat for chain farming /chainfarm - but it didn't have a single person even caring - LoL - what it was essentially supposed to do was have a callout for chain farmers listing the #instance and sighting, like for instance sighting a mane near the hut would be something like '#22 mane near hut' - and anyone in the vicinity could just pop up near hut and at will the mane for a chance at a drop - seemed like it might have worked... LoL! No.

Well on that count what I could deduce was that private channels don't have the exposure they need to work efficiently - people may not know of them - or may not think they're anything worthwhile - may not even care for them! But they work just fine, as /assemble can prove and they have a niche to fill... however what if the Devs or Cryptic made a system wide channel for Dungeoneers! What if they had /Dungeoneers - a channel that was system wide - zone independent and was popularized in game and on the web page and had the resources required to become popular and populated with players!

It'd be like 24/7 bazaar or hang out where everyone heading out on a dungeon run could gather in and seek out fellow dungeon runners and adventurers for a plentitude of reasons! It'd be even more interesting because you could also head off in parties for anything you could think of - all independent of zone and server wide - I bet it'd be a huge playable feature if it were implemented - people having a zone like Protector's Enclave, server wide!

Lastly if you had that feature it'd be a huge benefit for LFG/LFM - and it'd be productive for everyone involved - fast, efficient and improving gameplay - and as these days the lower ranks could be in for a harder time as they level up - they could benefit from a LFM for raiding some zone like Helm's Hold, get seen and party up with somebody's new alt and other fellow new guys..!

Comments