test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

chat box locked tell level 30+ ?

soo been looking in to it and I read on here a post 4 years old that said new players have to play to helm which is level 30? so basically new played are blocked from chat and using the auction house tell they do a list of quests lines if they decline any of the quests they never get to use the chat or auction any thing or buy any thing?

Comments

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

soo been looking in to it and I read on here a post 4 years old that said new players have to play to helm which is level 30? so basically new played are blocked from chat and using the auction house tell they do a list of quests lines if they decline any of the quests they never get to use the chat or auction any thing or buy any thing?

Yes, that is how it was four years ago. The gold sellers in PE zone chat made them take steps, which were heavy handed and poorly thought out. You need to to complete 5 of the low level quest chains, PE, Blacklake, The Tower District, Blackdagger Ruins, and Either Neverdeath Or Helm's Hold to unlock zone chat and Auction House. Since then, they have eased these restrictions somewhat, with the introduction of an Auction house quest (go meet the auctioneer, basically) around level 20-ish, and allowing new players to speak in Party chat while inside dungeons.
  • xxsuperheroxx#8731 xxsuperheroxx Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Thank you for replying I thought I was doing some thing wrong but I see now. This is soooo much different then WOW. come Feb. 11th I'll be doing the magic legends. so this is not such a big deal in the scheme of things. =P
    Soooo was playing last night doing the epic bla bla bla killing the green dragon. was goofing off killing every thing people were killing you know "helping" anyway people sent me a party request thought why not got to find out how this works. so that is where the whole not bring able to use the chat made the game HAMSTER that epically. All I could to is "say" in chat kind of makes me not want to play any more I mean I am 43 level now and still can't do basic things in the game because they can't fix the gold sellers? the whole time was not enjoyable at all. I mean I didn't even need to do any of those quests because I finished the whole areas quest line. One person friended me but most likely not for long as clearly I don't know what I am doing. I mean I can't even work the chat box... awesome huh.

funny this was posted as answered but the problem still remains how many hopes do I have to jump through to be allowed to use a basic function of the game? Is there a list do; do I have to do every quest in the game kind of hard if I can't talk to other players and get help. I lost track of how many times I have died and had to run back to die again and again because I can't play with others tell I unlock the chat box. this blows.

I played world of warcraft sense you had to buy arrows, darts and spears. it's not like I never played a game before but boy do I look HAMSTER trying to be in a party in this game.

oh well Magic Legends starts in 2 days I'll be over there for a bit. any one have a link to the quest lines I have to complete to get the basic function unlocked?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

Soooo was playing last night doing the epic bla bla bla killing the green dragon. was goofing off killing every thing people were killing you know "helping" anyway people sent me a party request thought why not got to find out how this works. so that is where the whole not bring able to use the chat made the game HAMSTER that epically. All I could to is "say" in chat kind of makes me not want to play any more I mean I am 43 level now and still can't do basic things in the game because they can't fix the gold sellers? the whole time was not enjoyable at all. I mean I didn't even need to do any of those quests because I finished the whole areas quest line. One person friended me but most likely not for long as clearly I don't know what I am doing. I mean I can't even work the chat box... awesome huh.

funny this was posted as answered but the problem still remains how many hopes do I have to jump through to be allowed to use a basic function of the game? Is there a list do; do I have to do every quest in the game kind of hard if I can't talk to other players and get help. I lost track of how many times I have died and had to run back to die again and again because I can't play with others tell I unlock the chat box. this blows.

I played world of warcraft sense you had to buy arrows, darts and spears. it's not like I never played a game before but boy do I look HAMSTER trying to be in a party in this game.

oh well Magic Legends starts in 2 days I'll be over there for a bit. any one have a link to the quest lines I have to complete to get the basic function unlocked?

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Trading

I don't know if the list is out-dated or not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    From my last levelling experience a couple months ago, you should have been able to use Party chat as soon as you were able to join one. Now back then it was level 15, now it's level 5, so maybe it got bugged. Or perhaps you didn't have the channel set correctly?

One thing I've seen is sometimes too many different chats in 1 tab can make it very hard to use the one you want. Writing

/p (your text) (*enter* key)

Should still work even in that case.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
    sooo been playing bla bla bla level 49 weird thing I had this fairy dust path going to the trade bar guy I well admit I was so confused at to what I was to buy with fragments so last night I was reviewing the quest line as I was sitting in the workshop emptying the inbox at read I was to buy some thing with the fragments. so I followed the evil fairy death dust path as that is what it is it leads you in to harms way if you just zone out and follow it but I digress I spent time reading every thin for sale and at the bottom it "says" fragments but the icons are all full bars hence missing it. bla bla bla I mean how hard would it been to have a fragment icon.

anyways I soloed the last of the helms quest line never deaths done the towers are done and with this intro quest line done I don't know if I have more hops to jump through. right now I am trying to track down how to open these boxes with out spending on VIP I mean I have 64 of them that I can not open cant use the auction house you would think they would fix this gold selling issue but then again they make a great deal more money selling Zcoin to open them. but thats another matter

Just wanted to thank the members who responded I was very not happy when I wrote the last post. after trying to ask people if they wanted help but nooo I soloed it dielivedielivedie over and over again tip main boss hit them tell they summon cut run turn fight use your companion as cannon fodder. I am a rouge so I some times just click the sword ground thing and run around the boss. ahh good times... well back to look for answers.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    If you really still can't open chat, you have a major bug that should be reported using the in-game features immediately.

As for Auction House, it should also be available at the top of your UI. No, you can't buy keys there, so far as I can tell. Me, I don't buy keys and I don't buy VIP, so Lockboxes go right to the nearest vendor for me.

Tradebar Fragments I think only work on the last tab of the Tradebar vendor's Enchantment page. Kinda garbage, I think it's obsolete now.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
    I have stopped trying at this point I just decline all invites. =( theres a great deal of down sides to the game pay to win play for free and lose. I get it now so yea its a fun game but to tell you the truth it's not as good as world of warcraft then again I played that game a very long time. You could stand in org and put out in chat for a lock opening and with in a minute poof unlocked. here Nope chat does not work you can't open a forsaken lock box no teleporting rune no inn's you have to run forever to get the the portal gate through mobs. huh oh well what are you going to do. I now know why people stand in the city and "say" it's their only way to communicate. dooo deee dooo couple more hours I'll be playing some thing else ;) most like well have the same issues as this game but what ever some thing new. Thank you for taking time to respond I was just seeking out how to open the forsaken boxs Now I am off to see how much I get at a vendor or just discard them all I take it there is no person to person trade here like in world of warcraft.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited February 2021

I have stopped trying at this point I just decline all invites. =( theres a great deal of down sides to the game pay to win play for free and lose. I get it now so yea its a fun game but to tell you the truth it's not as good as world of warcraft then again I played that game a very long time. You could stand in org and put out in chat for a lock opening and with in a minute poof unlocked. here Nope chat does not work you can't open a forsaken lock box no teleporting rune no inn's you have to run forever to get the the portal gate through mobs. huh oh well what are you going to do. I now know why people stand in the city and "say" it's their only way to communicate. dooo deee dooo couple more hours I'll be playing some thing else ;) most like well have the same issues as this game but what ever some thing new. Thank you for taking time to respond I was just seeking out how to open the forsaken boxs Now I am off to see how much I get at a vendor or just discard them all I take it there is no person to person trade here like in world of warcraft.

VIP has portal to teleport to another area from any location.
    VIP gives you a key per day to open the lockbox.

Yes, I know you don't want to have VIP. Bear in mind that the current lockbox may be the best for a long while and it will be removed from the game soon. No idea if the new lockbox will be better or worse than the current one. I would keep them and stash them. A good lockbox (after it is removed from the game) hold value in AH.

There is person to person trade in this game. It may be disabled in your current status. There is a 'Trade' channel in chat. Yes, I know you have problem with chat in the current stage.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

VIP has portal to teleport to another area from any location.
    VIP gives you a key per day to open the lockbox.

Yes, I know you don't want to have VIP. Bear in mind that the current lockbox may be the best for a long while and it will be removed from the game soon. No idea if the new lockbox will be better or worse than the current one. I would keep them and stash them. A good lockbox (after it is removed from the game) hold value in AH.

There is person to person trade in this game. It may be disabled in your current status. There is a 'Trade' channel in chat. Yes, I know you have problem with chat in the current stage.
    huh interesting I would have to compare the cost of the VIP thing as I did look up the Zcion it was something like 100 to one $1.00 1000 zen for 1st level bla bla bla every thing I read is dis heartening basically 10 dollars the game appears to be more expensive then world of warcraft with less the 5% of the content. this is an old argument I take it as the forum threads I read date back 6 years I down loaded it when it cam out and quite with in a couple hours the graphics back then where not as good as they are not. the discrepancy's between pay to win players and the play for free and loss is abundant. but still fun to kill things tell I find another game. free is free you uget what you pay for. Thank you for taking time to respond. =)