test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

changes that should of never been made

blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
i know im kind of tired of this game for how i can not survive cause after doing a post on reddit that i sure dont enjoy dying all over the place due to scaling and how monsters should of never got any potions for how annoying they are to kill so why bother doing any changes if your not going to make anyone happy why i can not take this anymore https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/l8jry1/scaling_makes_it_hard_to_survive/

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    MEs don't get scaled...
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    No, but we still need to adjust our stats for this cluster they created.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    was in ME the morning sitting in a spot afk where the pack of mobs came and killed my Rogue for no reason since i do agree that i would like to see them clean up this mess that no one likes
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2021

... clean up this mess that no one likes

Well, "no one" is not exactly accurate. There are people that like the changes.
    • Players with melee characters trying to do the dragonslaying quests, who had problems, because the dragons were killed by ranged attacks even before they landed.
    • Players who were annoyed that others could ignore mechanics and rush through content that once was hard, but had become trivial.
    • "Packrat" players who have now discovered that some of the old, obsolete gear they kept is now suddenly BiS.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    adinosii said:

... clean up this mess that no one likes

Well, "no one" is not exactly accurate. There are people that like the changes.
    • Players with melee characters trying to do the dragonslaying quests, who had problems, because the dragons were killed by ranged attacks even before they landed.
    • Players who were annoyed that others could ignore mechanics and rush through content that once was hard, but had become trivial.
    • "Packrat" players who have now discovered that some of the old, obsolete gear they kept is now suddenly BiS.
    piont 1 i would agree with
    point 2 never had anyone annoyed that you could finish a quest in 10 mins
    the only annoyance now is same quest takes 1 hour IF you succede
    point 3 what is the point of d&d and progression if old outdated gear you have long since leveled beyond is now viable
    the idea is you level you get more powerfull you outgrow gear
    what is the point of the 2 endgame trials that are supposed to give those who can complete them the absolute best they can get if lvl 60 gear beats it?

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

point 2 never had anyone annoyed that you could finish a quest in 10 mins
    the only annoyance now is same quest takes 1 hour IF you succede
    point 3 what is the point of d&d and progression if old outdated gear you have long since leveled beyond is now viable
    the idea is you level you get more powerfull you outgrow gear

Regarding point 2, I have met quite a few "kids have it too easy today" players...they had to struggle to beat Tiamat back in the day, so they are pissed that people were able to totally igniore the mechanisms,

As for point 3 - that's a point I an many others have been making - by taking away gear progression, they are taking away a significant part of the reasons why many people like to play. After the idea of "base damage from weapons" was removed (a huge mistake IMO), we have a situation where old weapon sets like Drowned, Mirage, Tyrant or Primal are not only viable, but actually outperform the latest, "greatest" shiniest new items.

Ah, well...I still have 15 days left of my VIP.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    been having issue sometimes with the orcs drow and pirate king mobs in ME for how they shouldn't be able to go through you in 5 sec for how i have seen them do that half the time when i go in there and how i think the potions they have should not grant them full heath where they should not be able to use two of them in a fight why im complaining cause i haven't been doing a hole lot in the game for it still being a mess
    Post edited by blackwolftundra on