test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

completed lomm with...

stacyjonesstacyjones Member Posts: 14 Arc User
NO: Mount: Equip power or combat power, insignia's, collars.

only 3 artifacts, while wearing Item Level 251 gear from Mt. Hotenow vendor.

Was Item level 25,054 and my defensive stats were 1% higher to the 50% cap than when I'm Item level 53,200 with legendary/mythic/rank 15 everything

Comments

• Options
    vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    So..... cookie?
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    did you look at your base damage and compared it with others? as far as i know, you get upscaled so basically base damage wise would be the same as every other dps, with the exception that you dont have a mount power.

Does being overgeared make you feel bad when you get outdpsed by someone who just got scaled up? that overgearing couldn't padd up your damage like before and are now showing flaws whether be in positioning or playstyle as the gap in damage becomes apparent?

I'm not sure where you were intending to go with this post really.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

The OP's point was clear, he was making a point that his stats were better by using junk gear instead of the good gear, comps, mounts, enchants that he worked and most likely paid for for. If you are stronger with junk, why work for better weapons, armor, companions, enchantments, mounts, collars, etc?

Scaled content is dead content. sure if all you want to do is scaled content then just stick with junk gear, thats no problem. you can play the latest content when its obsolete, you can go and live in the "past" if that is what is fun for you.

Even if you don't have all the end game equipment (like myself, I only have one toon with the Lion Guard weapons), I still want a reason to get my Zariel weapons, however I am now farming the river district for the mirage weapons..... Its pointless for me to run Tomm / Zariel for any other reason than the fun of trying when there much better weapons with the scaling changes now.

Yes.. since your only reason to run tomm and zariel is to get better weapons - not weapons that are a MUST HAVE to finish content - just better weapons to finish content that you can already do (or supposedly able to do).

With this mindset, you go and farm for the mirage weapons, an obviously broken weapon where the illusions didnt get touched with the changes. So you grind until you get it - and then it gets nerfed. And now you will feel like you wasted your time (you did. this is a fact not an opinion) burning yourself out chasing the sweet "its a feat not an exploit" weapons.

Okay at the time of writing this i've lost track of what I wanted to say so I'll just leave this here. New and Current content are UNSCALED. older weapon sets will always have lower itemlevel. Newer content pushes higher itemlevel. Damage is based on itemlevel. The only reason mirage is viable right now is the at wills of the illusions are bonkers. once that is properly looked at and adjusted to how much damage it should be doing based on your itemlevel - then it will not be as viable as lionheart or celestial or whatever new shiny set they introduce.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

NO: Mount: Equip power or combat power, insignia's, collars.

only 3 artifacts, while wearing Item Level 251 gear from Mt. Hotenow vendor.

Was Item level 25,054 and my defensive stats were 1% higher to the 50% cap than when I'm Item level 53,200 with legendary/mythic/rank 15 everything

Bottom line is it's scaled content. This is what scaling is meant to do, bring more players in line with each other when playing despite what they wear. I expected this mod to kill my alts, well it took away end game but far from killed them. They are great for playing dated content with older gear! But again, they've been knocked out the end game content for a while.
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I think Cryptic should nerf EVERYTHING... make is so that there is ZERO reward for running ANYTHING so that LvL 10's and LvL 80's are always equal on the Paingiver regardless of what they are running.

All joking aside....

REALLY??????? "Keep players more in line DESPITE what they are wearing" ????????? Ok, then if that is the purpose, then I have "completed" the game.. done.. Game OVER, as I will have NO NEED for any more gear as the gear I have will carry me through ALL scaled content for years to come. Awesome.

Say what you want, but a LOT of us "expect" to get more powerful as we get better gear, REGARDLESS of what we are running. If they bring in better and more powerful gear, why would anyone want it if is is just going to be scaled back to something we got last year in LoMM ?