test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please start Talking After combat changes Ranger builds and ideas

mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
Interested in everyone’s ideas for the mod 20 hunter and warden

Comments

• crux#3033 crux Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well, I run a ranged only Hunter Paragon, using Longstrider's, Rapid Volley, and Constricting Arrow. normal other stuff.

What is interesting now though is unless you are running dungeons and skirmishes you don,t even need gear.
    I cleared out the lower docks, Dockmaster included, last night with only a Maple Bow +1and Bronze Knives +1 (IL 47) no gear, no arti's, and no companion equipment. Even soloed Mog and Garyx for good measure. All you need is 10 Mythic comps and mounts. I'm not bragging in the slightest. I'll freely admit I am an average player who doesn't play to the classes full measure.
    I am just pointing out that the system right now is so heavily based on comp and mount bolster that everything else is just icing.
    And that sucks.

And yes, I know that 10 comps and mounts to mythic is a hell of a task, but when you don't have to worry about anything else now, all your resources can go straight to them.
    Will the New Sharandar require gear again? I hope so. Striving for that shiny new piece of gear that I wanted was fun. Seeing my character improve and become stronger was fun. Running around the hardest non-dungeon area in the game in my underwear laying waste to mobs with what amounts to a 10 year olds starter bow is HAMSTER stupid.