test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

%3 rings / %5 boots Dmg Items

doompriest70doompriest70 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Are the rings and boots that have % to dmg still working? ive tried a variety of combinations and I am not seeing any increase or decrease in my damage, would a dev respond please. I'm tired of switching out items and enchantments oh and I have no more gold, so there is that. Thanks in advance

- Doom

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Most of these items are conditional so they apply damage bonuses behind the scenes, so you won't see it on your character sheet.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    The devs will not answer every question or comment. As mentioned above, historically these types of questions have been tested and answered by the community.

They will respond to a proper bug report or feedback though.

Boots are broken, here is why, here is how to reproduce it.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Are the rings and boots that have % to dmg still working? ive tried a variety of combinations and I am not seeing any increase or decrease in my damage, would a dev respond please. I'm tired of switching out items and enchantments oh and I have no more gold, so there is that. Thanks in advance

- Doom

What items in particular are you wondering about?

Merely hitting dummies and checking damage floaters won't really tell you if something works or not, especially in an age where buffs are only in the ~1-5% range.

Most of the time, you won't notice a change in damage floaters unless it was a difference of 15% or greater.

• Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I told everyone, I had the developers for breakfast. :trollface:

A lot of rings and other items, will specifically state "When you use a Daily power, you will take 5% less damage and will do 5% more damage to enemies for 10 seconds." or they will say "When you use a At-Will power, you have a chance to do 15% more damage to enemies for 10 seconds. " If they toss out the word chance at you, it means snowball in Hell.

I tend to pick up and use whatever is at my disposal. But if I were shopping for items, I would shy away from items that say chance or distinctive items only meant to do damage versus monster X (ex: +5% damage versus werewolves).

Just killing time...
  • Options
    joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Go in the Trade of Blades in PE.....take off all equip, mounts, companions, etc. Buy the wooden main hand for your class from the vendor and put it on. Wooden weapon gives flat dmg numbers. Record the numbers, then equip a %dmg item and check again....
  • Options
    johnalansimmonsjohnalansimmons Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    I have used ACT to test the +3% (melee, at-will, encounter) rings & gloves & the +5% damage boots and indeed they work as advertised.