test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The way I see the new combat changes working better

the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
We can agree on the part where critters and bosses deliver a huge amount of damage due to awarness implementation.
My proposal here is to give all dps paragons a 20% increase to awarness and for tanks a 20% increase to accuracy. This will help both paragons to feel less stressed while playing in a casual enviroment. This combat change is meant to support everyone and mostly casual players who are much more than competitive like me and others.

@noworries#8859

Comments

• the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    This proposed change is meant to help everyone and mostly casual players of which there are more than the competitive players
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Why would a tank want 20% accuracy ?
    Elite Whaleboy
    Reduces the damage your enemy will deflect, when he deflects. Helping them to better keep aggro and it is a status that doesn t hugely affect damage as other statuses do. I found it to be the more equitable than other statuses to be given.
    It could be CA as well but CA will have a bigger impact.
  • netherdragon#0997 netherdragon Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Or you know we could just revert back to what it was before the patch, devs are trying to fix something that didn't need to be fixed.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Casual players?? Really, are you kidding me? The days of "Casual players" are gone ATM. Over Half my guild (about 80) are "Casual players" and from what I ( as an officer of our Guild) heard... most are all moving on to other games. This, as one player stated to me, broke his will to even want to log in. I offered to help.. sent out a mail to all, no replies as of 24 hrs.

We train our guild in ToMM.. a lot of them are casual players.. not a single sign up for today's training. Maybe things will change, who knows, but ATM.. game play is all but dead for a whole lot of us. I usually play for hours in a day, played for all of 15 mins today, and it actually took effort to even log in.

What casual player is sitting at their PC saying "WOW, I now get to spent hours doing quest that use to take me 20 - 35 mins and more then likely, I will not even survive to complete it.. what a an awesome game"

Just going off comments from actual casual players that formed my current opinion.
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    While perhaps the player combat may have improved, what is not listed in the patch update is how these changes affect those the player is fighting. So while it appears players got nerfed or the mobs got stronger or a combination of both? It seems most here are longtime players, or even competitive which tells me that most of you have spent money to acquire mounts, companion upgrades, special gear and all the good things money can buy.

I just started playing about 2 months ago. Casually playing but enough experience to learn something quickly like understanding what should work best or solo play. As the game stands now, and literally cannot progress in the game. Every area I explore seems 100 times more powerful than before the change.

The gear earned in lower level quest likes and campaigns is simply not enough even to survive even what should be simple quests like slaying 25 cult members for Tyranny of Dragons. Some people mention things like item level....I really have no clue as to what that actually means as that really has not even been a factor in my character building since I am not purchasing special things.

I have not been playing long enough to have even been able to farm Astral Diamonds so getting things at the auction house is will just not even possible. Heck I cannot even get enough enchanted keys to open lock boxes let alone anything useful.

I have tried starting a new character and play is going perhaps a bit better. Of course I am only level 10 at this point. A patch update should not mean I have to start a new character just to play the game at a reasonable level. The fun has just been sucked right out of this game.

If you are a long time player whose character is essentially a god flicking dragons from the sky on a whim....Perhaps it's time to make a new character for the added challenge with new content
    Unfortunatelly they have and had always troubles with QA. I am not sure how many game testers they have actually hired and how many of they do their job properly. We can agree on the fact that the core of the combat system is in a much better state now, after changes, however the fact that they were not able to cover all areas and let us do it for them in preview servers it is a concerning problem.

Neverwinter on PC is not a test server where people spend time and money to test a product before final release on other platforms. WE ARE NOT GAME TESTERS FOR NEVERWINTER period. At least pay us for that. I honestly don t know how long it will take to solve the critters and bosses lifes and balance their damage to match each zone.

And I have to tell you guys there is something nasty with this combat system since when you are scaled, if you overcap the IL required for the dungeon/trial/skirmish no matter how much above that, you will have the same damage and HP as someone with much lower IL that is also overcaped for the content. So let me explain for a better understanding.

If I have 54k Item Level my damage is 6400, HP 620k and another player have item level 45k and have 5500 damage and 520k HP, we both will have our damage and hp scaled to match the content Item Level, for example Infernal Citadel having a minimum Item Level of 30k which is endgame content by the way. In this case me with 54k Item Level and the guy with 45k Item Level with is 9k item level below me, have the SAME AMOUNT OF DAMAGE in scaled content, 4800. You will have to keep that in mind there are plenty of lower level equipments that have better equip bonuses that endgame content and closer, the only difference in those items will be the amount of hp provided. Because if you drop your Item Level by alot, it means your rating caps will have to match your Item Level so in this case I will have better percentages for each of statuses. So now LESS IS MORE?

What is the purpose of progressing in Neverwinter if I have to unequip endgame gears, mythic or legendary collars where I spent over 40-50m AD to upgrade them and for what? for a bit of HP and less effectiveness of my percentages, being scaled to have the same Damage as a player with 9k Item Level below me? How is this fair? How do I justify my investition of 100m AD+ to gain this boost in Item Level if a player with 9k Item level below me have the same damage as me in scaled content and also have higher ratings because his ratings caps are lower than mine.

Conclusion. THE GAME BECAME LINIAR IN TERMS OF PROGRESSION AND EVERYTHING YOU DO NOW IS TO WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO EVOLVE. You are not actually progressing you are downgraded to the lowest point of decency.

I am done with Nevewinter.